vstar2001

beer of choice????

Guinness
everything else is just monkey piss
but monkey piss isn't too bad if that is all you have.

I like Guiness as well. I can also drink Bass, Harp, Red Hook, Shiner Bock....all the way down to Miller Lite. Each has its own place in my drunken, drunken heart.

But Foster's? That shit sucks ass! Definitely not "fancy". ;)
Why yes, my license number is a palindrome. Thank you for noticing.

Germans don't make good ales. Belgians and English do.

I gotta admit, however, that Americans are really doing quite well with their beermaking.

Do not, however, go calling "Foster's" and "Corona" fancy imports. Fosters is imported to the US because Americans are the only people stupid enough to drink it.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

molson (or any other canadian 5% proof)

I'm amazed this myth still exists.

Mass market Canadian beer is no stronger than its American equivalent.

Molson Canadian and Labatt Blue both have the same strength as Bud, MGD, Coors, or virtually any other "regular strength" beer sold on the US market.

In the 70's and 80's, Canadian and American beer manufacturers would label their beer differently. Canada would label its beer with Percent Alcohol By Volume, while American beer manufacturers would label it with Percent Alcohol By Weight.

The different measuring techniques resulted in a higher number being printed on beer sold in Canadian markets.

This myth is encouraged by the higher popularity of micro-breweries in Canada than the US. Canadian micro-breweries do tend to make stronger beer, but they're often not mass marketed. Take for example Unibroue, out of Quebec - who makes great tasting beer like "Maudite" - 8%, La Fin du Monde, at 9%, and Terrible - at 11%.

Mass Market Canadian beer is no stronger than its American equivalent, but I suspect that on average, Micro-brews do tend to be stronger.

This concludes your sporadic beer accuracy lecture.

_Am (former Molson employee, and trained brewmaster)
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

Oh god, Fat Tire. one of my vices.

Too bad they don't sell it in California. Hmmm, maybe I'll have to change that. I could start my own business distributing Fat Tire to SoCal. The I could have all of the yummy New Belgium Brewing Co. beers that I wanted. I'd be swimming in beer...

errr...maybe not such a good idea. :S
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

Fosters is imported to the US because Americans are the only people stupid enough to drink it.

Largely true.

It's ALMOST false. Fosters is technically imported beer, although I suspect most drinkers would be very surprised to know that it's imported from Canada.

All of the Fosters product sold on the American market is brewed at Molson's Toronto brewery.

Fosters chose to partner with Molson solely so the beer would be brewed in Canada, and could thus legally carry the "imported" label. 90% of Fosters brewed in Toronto is exported to the US. When sold in Canada, it does not claim to be "imported".

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

1. Molson, Bud Weiser, Corona, Heiniken, Fosters, Sam Adams, and New Castle are so devoid of flavor they shouldn't be considered beer.

2. Nearly all German imports are watery lagers not ales. Their one redeeming virtue is that you can sit in a Biergarten and drink liter after liter.

3. Flat tire is an innocous microbrew for Bud drinkers. Even Boulder Beer's Singletrack tastes better.

4. Guiness is also fairly plain. Try Barney Flats for a real stout.

One of my favorite beers is named after me: Arrogant Bastard Ale, 7.2% alcohol by volume.

It is quite doubtful that you have the taste or sophistication to be able to appreciate an ale of that quality and depth.

http://www.arrogantbastard.com