skybytch

Oh Deuciepoo....

Dude.. Dual monitors. Thats the ONLY way to do an effective timeline management in Premire. ;) That and use the Dual layout. It took me a few projects to switch to it but I'm so glad I did.

I estimate I saved hours just on a 5-10 minute clip by getting the second monitor. Plus my geek points went up a few.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

I estimate I saved hours just on a 5-10 minute clip by getting the second monitor. Plus my geek points went up a few.

MULTIMON RAWKS....

At Home I have a couple 21" while here at work they will only let me have dual 19"

We wont even go into the 3 wide setup I have.... Ivan might start crying

You're so sweet. :)
Eric, I use the dual monitor mode on the single monitor. I just put it to single so the whine tasters could get a good look at their mugs on an actual timeline and have some reassurance I've actually been working on the thing.

The very hardest thing is the music. I get so much grief for the copyright free stuff I use that I am trying to get as much out of the copyrighted stuff I got access to. Then, when I change my mind about a song, I have to resize that section of the timeline by reloading the original clips and trimming it down to the new song.

Anyhow, I've got less than ten minutes of music to lay down and nobody but me has video of Omar flying with an inflatable Zebra.

Ha!

Omar does that freeflying thing people wanted more of. He's pretty good at it.

;):ph34r:

I saw the "rough cut" copy last night. It's good, but of course the artist formerly known as JP isn't quite satisfied.

Several well known dizzydotcommers are featured heavily. Several not so well known dizzydotcommers are featured as well.

This video has it all. Darius freeflying, Douva skysurfing, belly fliers doing what belly fliers do (including the briefly held dz.com record jump), CieloDiosa flying like a cat walking on ice, balloon jumps, DC3 and Beech loads, a jet ride, biplane jumps, bowling (regular and creeper) and other weather hold activities, freeflying in nostalgic gear and a bit of after hours nignoggery too, all highlighted by a most excellent soundtrack.

I'm in it so I'm quite happy with the finished product. :D

THanks, Leese!

It was helpful to have a small crowd around the TV and to see what got people's attention and what had them starting to glaze over.

Never enough fast RW for the belly fliers and never enough vertical for the freefliers! B|

Everybody likes balloon jumps. (There are a ton of balloon jumps)

I'm cutting some stuff out, and putting some other stuff in, but I should be all done tonight.

Thanks for the feedback.

-an aside for the freefly camera fliers: for most skydives you do not need a .3. "Who is flying the widest lens" is kind of like "who has the longest ski's" (Yeah, pre snowboard:P) back when I was in high school. Remember that Greg Gasson does not use a wideangle at all. Good footage of a single smiling skydiver is much better than eight distant little unrecognizeable blots.

There is more pressure on freefly videographers because the skydive is much faster and people don't just "go low" they cork out and disappear and the videographer is very challenged to stay with a beginner or intermediate freeflyer who has both vertical and horizontal movement issues. A lens that is less wide is much more forgiving of good video of pick-up freefly loads.

:)

for most skydives you do not need a .3. "Who is flying the widest lens"

people, listen to deuce when he says this... i learned first hand.... after taking his advice i took off my lens and fillmed a 9 waytube dive.... the video wouldof totaly sucked if it was still on but since itook it off the video cameout pretty good...... still hard to figure out when to put it on and whn not to........

Deuce,

Are you going to put the online preview up at the same time you offer the video for sale? I think pushing the release date back is just a studio ploy to create hype through a whisper campaign, thereby increasing opening weekend box office return. After hearing the advance reviews, I'm excited to finally see this thing.

--Douva
I don't have an M.D. or a law degree. I have bachelor's in kicking ass and taking names.

Deuce,

Are you going to put the online preview up at the same time you offer the video for sale? I think pushing the release date back is just a studio ploy to create hype through a whisper campaign, thereby increasing opening weekend box office return. After hearing the advance reviews, I'm excited to finally see this thing.

--Douva

Douva, not at all. For the folks who edit in Premiere, you'll know what I'm going through when I've got a hour's worth of clips down, and then change a song or clip sequence. Ugh.

Yeah, I'll do a preview like last time, but only after I get the big one done. Honest, I have to get it done and out this week, cause my little league team starts practice this week.

After the feedback I got Saturday, I'm feeling much more confident about the final jobbie.

Okay, just so that we're all on the same page, let me make sure I've got the plan straight: Local jumpers are going to be providing shuttle service from the San Francisco Airport to the Byron airport. Pitchforks and torches will be provided for those of us who are flying in so that we don't run into trouble trying to carry them onboard commercial flights. We're all going to muster at Bay Area Skydiving and light our torches, then start the long march to Deuce's house. Is that pretty much it?

:P
I don't have an M.D. or a law degree. I have bachelor's in kicking ass and taking names.

.... We're all going to muster at Bay Area Skydiving and light our torches, then start the long march to Deuce's house. Is that pretty much it?

:P

DUUUUDE.. you're featured in this video on your board.. Pushing Deuce like that might have him accidentally replacing you with more footage of Ballsack.. And let me tell you.. YOU DON'T want that :P

Come on now, Deuce. Who loves you, buddy? ;)

Edited to add: If you're going to replace the footage of me, do you think you could replace it with that loop of GFD's ass while she's packing?