skymama

It's official...I'm old

I went for an eye exam yesterday because my children are tired of reading small print for me. I have to get...bifocals. Bifocals! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! B|
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Age - Old - It's all a state of mind -

I got the same news last time I went in for an exam, too. I talked the doc into letting me slide one more year - Then a week or so ago I see a TV ad for some sort of multifocal sort of contact lenses.

Maybe something like that will work for you?

Easy Does It

Andrea, I had to get them this year also. WAAAAAA. . .I went for the no line ones and NO ONE knows unless I say something. . .
FGF #6
Darcy

i get old next year. the true test is when your best friend is dating a girl half his age and it's legal. in your case substitue boy for girl. by the way, if that's you in the avatar, you're way hot, even if you are old. and if the bifocals give you a complex, get prk and then you just need reading glasses. i had it done in 02 and it's the best thing i ever did, i went from 20/200 to 20/15. don't get the lasik, cause if you get hit in the eye hard enough, you're retina could detach causing permanent blindness.

I have two glasses. One for small print and one for distance. I refuse to accept that I'm getting old.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

the true test is when your best friend is dating a girl half his age and it's legal.

Hell, that's a goal of mine. Except substitute "best friend" for "Me", and dating for "having hanging from the chandelier, every room and rooftop, illegal in most countries, immoral to most religions, wild monkey sex". B|

35 was when I could run for office, but not after some of the boogies I've been to now. :D
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

I have two glasses. One for small print and one for distance. I refuse to accept that I'm getting old.

Oh...do you have that sexy little chain to hold them around your neck, too? :)

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

I went for an eye exam yesterday because my children are tired of reading small print for me. I have to get...bifocals. Bifocals! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! B|

No drama on that! Just see the sunny side in wearing glasses:

Until now, you only were a good looking girl. From now on, you are a good and interesting looking girl :)
That's what I told myself 3 yrs ago daily. Today, I believe me. :P

No more bloody cuts in the finger when preparing vegetables, no blue marks on the hips left & right when passing chairs, cupboards, table edgings..... I see all cristal clear with the eyes of an eagle B|

Christel

dudeist skydiver # 3105

ltdiver

>:(And I thought you were my friend.

Clay, you just got some gold stars after you name now:)
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

You're not old. Repeat after me -- you're just smart enough now to ask for help when you need it, rather than letting yourself be kept from things you want to do.

Like reading the dessert menu :)
Wendy W.
(who wears dime-store glasses, but only when I'm tired! :P
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

ltdiver

>:(And I thought you were my friend.

Clay, you just got some gold stars after you name now:)

Ah, man...thought you were part of the 'sexy chain club' like me now. :)

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Ah, man...thought you were part of the 'sexy chain club' like me now.

Well, since you put it that way, I'll have to run to the store and get me a chain.

TLML has worn bifocals for years (the lineless sort, of course) and I wore bifocals way back in 4th grade, so it has nothing to do with your age.

Besides, Andrea, you strike me as very similar to Sophia Loren; you're gorgeous now and you'll be gorgeous when you're 75 (and we all know that's like 50 years from now;).)

So suck it up and quityerbitchen. $ to the late Ann Landers.

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Why do they call it "Tourist Season" if we can't shoot them?