Kid_Icarus

What to cook a girl for dinner?

Vegetarian burrito with guacamole
Chips and spicy salsa on the side
Bell's Porter (actually, Oberon should be out now!!!!!)
A really good dessert - a rich chocolate cake or something like that

Oh, sorry. That's what I want for dinner! :D
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

Very simple, very flavorful, very classy

Fettucini with mushroom cream sauce

Two packages of dried porcini mushrooms
1 shallot
2 tbs chopped parsley
1 cup of heavy cream
salt, pepper, vegetable buillon to taste
1 package of fresh fettucini

Put the mushrooms into a bowl and pour about a cup of boiling water on them. Let them reconstitute for at least an hour. Reserving the liquid, drain the mushrooms, pick through them and chop.
Start cooking the shallots over moderate heat until transparent, add mushrooms, cook for a minute then add the the reserved liquid through a fine strainer. Cook over low heat until the liquid is reduced by half, then add the cream and reduced it further by half. Add the parsley, (reserve some for garnish) buillon, salt and pepper to taste.
Add the cooked pasta, serve with shaved parmesan and parsley.

Don't forget dessert, a creme brulee is a good idea or something chocolatey.

Edited to add: Silly me, I almost forgot the wine, a nice, crisp white like KRIS or Ecco Domani pinot grigio.

"I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food."

Bacon wrapped Filet Minon and Crab Legs.

Readily available frozen and easy to cook.

Gets them licking their fingers every time!

Edited to add: you'll need a salad (strawberry vinegarette dressing) and wine.
To complete the meal vanilla ice cream with fresh strawberries sliced over it.
(and more wine):)
Any man can make this meal! If I can do it, you can too!
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

Chicken paprikash. Easy, very delicious. Serve with brown rice and a fresh steamed veggie. Wine should be a fairly hearty white that will stand up to it. Serve the food from serving dishes instead of just spooning it out -- that way she can take as much as she wants, and not feel like you served her too much. Also, it looks really classy. You get extra points for having a candle, and thinking about the light level.

I have a family recipe at home.

BTW, I'm a mom -- we all know that Mom's cooking is best :P

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Dude, do this Alfredo.... and thank me later ;)

Ingredients:

1 & 2/3 cups Whipping Cream
1 cup Parmesan Cheese, freshly grated
4 Tbsp Butter
1/2 cups white wine
4 strips of bacon
2 boneless chicken breasts
1/4 cup of parsley
1/2 table spoon of garlic salt
pasta, fettuchini of course.

Directions:

Fry bacon to very crispy, trim away any unmelted "fat" peices. Break bacon into big "bits". Begin grilling the chicken breasts as well. Cook your pasta. Over low heat, melt butter in a non-stick saucepan. Stir in whipping cream and blend well. Add parmesan cheese and stir until sauce thickens. Do not boil. Stir in garlic salt. Stir in diced parsley. Stir in white wine. Thicken sauce with more cheese, or thin with more cream. The alfredo sauce should generally be creamy.... and of course, add wine to taste. Add the bacon bits at this point and stir gently so as not to break them any smaller.

Now place your pasta serving into it's dish. Pour the sauce into a pool in the centre. Chop a grilled chicken breast into strips and lay them on top. (pour one straight line of sauce across the chicken, perpendicular the way it's cut... it looks great) and then garnish with some more parsley.

Careful with this one... it's a bit of a panty-dropper. :o

My Karma ran over my Dogma!!!

you should definitely do chocolate covered strawberries for dessert! Nummy! If you don't want to go to the trouble of heating the chocolate in a double broiler, just get some Nutella from Publix and dip the strawberries in it after the meal.

Warning: the chocolate will get very messy and you'll have to lick it all up. Darn!;)
"Ive seen you hump air, hump the floor of the plane, and hump legs. You now have a new nickname: "Black Humper of Death"--yardhippie

we haven't talked about it, but I'm sure we're game. I got all the work I needed to get done today finished this morning. :)
Is Brandy making salsa?
"Ive seen you hump air, hump the floor of the plane, and hump legs. You now have a new nickname: "Black Humper of Death"--yardhippie

Here is what i cooked for my girl the first time i made her dinner.
Stuffed pork tenderloin-- grilled
Asperagus
Tomatoes, stuffed with fresh mozerella
Chiabatta bread
Ice cream for dessert
A nice Cabernet
If you want more detailed directions, ask by pm.;)

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

I've been getting rave reviews on my stir fry. It's quick, easy, and it makes whole place smell fantastic!

If I was out to impress a woman, I'd pick up some crab rangoon and egg rolls. They are both great, but a pain to make from scratch. They both heat up nice in the oven.

For dessert, something light. A lime sherbet goes perfect with stir fry.

For my stir fry I use red peppers, snow peas, onions and yellow squash as my veggies. They are each to cut up, and they cook fast. For the meat I prefer steak, but chicken, shrimp and salmon have all turned out great. I like to spice things up, so i use crushed red pepper. Garlic is great, but not on date night!!

Some things i find that help:

1. Use Mongolian fire oil to fry everything. It adds a great flavor, and it's not too spicy. If you can't find it, use a light oil, like safflower.

2. Fry each ingredient separately. If you put too much in the pan at one time, it steams instead of frying. Everything gets mushy. Have a bowl you can put cooked ingredients. Pile all the cooked stuff in the same bowl. When everything is cooked, toss on some soy sauce, stir it up a little and serve.

3. I like serving over rice, it's more filling and the colors of the stir fry look really cool on the white rice.

Chocolate covered strawberries is a great idea...I wouldn't say no;) But do the real deal, go for the double boiler!!!

Yeah I hear that. It's not that hard either, just put the chocolate peices into a small pot and "float" the small pot in a larger one half filled with water. Boil the water to melt the chocolate.

Throw a little Kalua (or other) in too if you like. Not too much though or the chocolate won't set again.

chocolate covered strawberries are also panty-droppers. lol

My Karma ran over my Dogma!!!

Nick, I'm coming over to your place ASAP. My friend used to make the fettucini alfredo with bacon, and it was FANTASTIC. Throw in the chocolate covered strawberries (although I prefer chocolate sauce, not hardened chocolate), and . . . well . . . ;):D

Another option is crab cakes. I've made some AMAZING salmon cakes too, in case you something a little different. Same recipe, just change the seafood.

They are light, easy to make and extra delicious.

There about a billion sauces to go with them. You can choose that sauce that spices things up a bit, or make a velvet smooth sauce that makes your knees buckle when you taste it.

So easy and tasty, I think i'm gonna go make some for lunch!

if you are grilling, go to a local wine store and pick up a good bottle of Torrontes. It's an argentinian wine that is EXCELLENT with spicier/grilled things. really fruity, even wine haters would like it. Relatively cheap too.