Laurel

FAA and Gold Coast Skydivers - A WIN for us!

FAA just sent Trent Lott International Airport's Board a letter stating they are in violation of a multitude of FAA fair-practice grant regulations with Gold Coast Skydivers and they have 60 days to rectify all matters or lose federal funding. They must also submit progress reports to the FAA every 30 days. That is a HUGE WIN for us and we look forward to seeing what they will do to make things right with the skydivers. Court case is not closed, though. GCS is still moving forward with a federal court date.
PMS#28, Pelogrande Rodriguez#1074
My Pink M

HOO RAH!! B|

That'll teach them damn fuckers not to mess with a former US Marine! He just about nailed their balls to the wall! :D

You rock, Mike Igo!
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Hi Laurel and all!
We may have won the battle but not the war! The AH's at TLIA are now really pissed off because they didn't get their way!! We now have to act like perfect little boys and girls, don't spit on the side walk, don't make loud noises and generally watch out. They will now suttally attack with nucience suits and the like. Our best defense now would be getting some good intel. as to what they have up their sleeves and be ready for them. Trust me, it's not over.
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

Hi Laurel and all!
We may have won the battle but not the war! The AH's at TLIA are now really pissed off because they didn't get their way!! We now have to act like perfect little boys and girls, don't spit on the side walk, don't make loud noises and generally watch out. They will now suttally attack with nucience suits and the like. Our best defense now would be getting some good intel. as to what they have up their sleeves and be ready for them. Trust me, it's not over.

Congrats to the victory. I agree - if they were that motivated to submit false data to help shut down GSC, this fight is not over. One wrong move by a jumper will give them ammunition.

sweet!!!! when i go back home to Louisiana next i'm going to make a point to pay you guys a visit.
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

HOOOOOYAA!

Frikkin eh, that is awesome news LaurelB|!
I couldn't resist immediately calling Mike at home and conratulating him on this win.
Still a long ways to go, what with the JCAA's continued ass'inine demands/request for the tearing down of our current home and moving to the south end of the runway:S.

"NAIL THEIR BALLS TO THE WALL, MIKE!"

ChileRelleno-Rodriguez Bro#414
Hellfish#511,MuffBro#3532,AnvilBro#9, D24868

Good job Mike! Too many times the commissions get the old boy attitude, and try to pinch us out of aviation. It's nice to stand up and say hell no! I've done it and it took a lot of work. It's very easy to get tired. Then you look at the people around you and just do what is necessary. We all have a right to our airports. You guys make skydiving what it is, thank you for your love of this sport too. We dzo's need it to keep up our energy.

jumpervali

The Airport Board President was heard saying, "I'm trying to get rid of some undesirables and I will get it done." When questioned who those "undesirables" were, he stated that it was skydivers. The person he was chatting with was a skydiver, unbeknownst to him. This skydiver has said he will be willing to testify in court that the Airport President said this to him. The AP is turning out to be our best ally. I hope he continues to shoot his mouth off.:)
As for latest updates, it is still in the Federal Court's hands. They can take as long as they want to consider taking the case in their courts.

As for what the FAA told the Airport they had to do to comply, I cannot remember the specific codes they referred to. I do know that insurance was one, a hanger was second and unfair rental practices was a third. The airport is taking speps to rectify these things and probably pissing off other tenants in the process. :)
PMS#28, Pelogrande Rodriguez#1074
My Pink M

The Airport Board President was heard saying, "I'm trying to get rid of some undesirables and I will get it done." When questioned who those "undesirables" were, he stated that it was skydivers. The person he was chatting with was a skydiver, unbeknownst to him. This skydiver has said he will be willing to testify in court that the Airport President said this to him. The AP is turning out to be our best ally. I hope he continues to shoot his mouth off.:)
As for latest updates, it is still in the Federal Court's hands. They can take as long as they want to consider taking the case in their courts.

As for what the FAA told the Airport they had to do to comply, I cannot remember the specific codes they referred to. I do know that insurance was one, a hanger was second and unfair rental practices was a third. The airport is taking speps to rectify these things and probably pissing off other tenants in the process. :)______________________________

Congradulations to Mike and all those involved in the 'Good Fight'!
In regard to the comment made by the Airport Board President in regard to 'getting rid of unesirables', here in Texas, that could be construed as retalliation and it's against the law here. I don't know how that would work in Mississippi. Just keep your ducks in a row. Keep-up the good work!

Chuck

I AM so incredibly happy to hear this. I've heard nothing but good things about GCS, and I am dying to get down there to jump!!! I hate it when people go after skydivers, just because they think they can. It's not fair at all!! This is a huge win!! Great jobs in the initial run!

CReW SKies,
"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

I AM so incredibly happy to hear this. I've heard nothing but good things about GCS, and I am dying to get down there to jump!!! I hate it when people go after skydivers, just because they think they can. It's not fair at all!! This is a huge win!! Great jobs in the initial run!

CReW SKies,

The real fight is actually ahead... it can be a long and protracted fight, and I know Mike is going to need our help every step of the way if he is going to win. Keep the faith!

The airport board is going down bloodied and battered, for they are fighting a former U.S. Marine. Hoo rah! ;)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

The real fight is actually ahead... it can be a long and protracted fight, and I know Mike is going to need our help every step of the way if he is going to win. Keep the faith!<<<<

I wonder what he going to do next year when his lease is up for renewal. You know the airport authority is going to be ready for him then. Good luck Mike!