Thijs

Caving/Spelunking

I did a little caving in high school...my earth science class went on a 3 day field trip to Mammoth Cave and Horse Cave in southern Indiana/northern Kentucky...Had an awesome time...B|...Been wanting to do more ever since...:)
~R+R:)...
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Fly the friendly skies...^_^...})ii({...^_~...

Hi,

I recently started doing caving (going into caves).
I wonder if there are any other cavers here?
If so, drop me a pm or send me a mail of add me on msn.

Thijs :)

Used to go into caves in Kutztown, PA and trip all night
back 25 years ago ;)

I heard that they blocked those caves up so folks couldnt do that any more
__

My mighty steed

My sister is big into caving... I've been a couple of times and will probably get involve after I move north this summer...

Be sure to get involved with a good group of knowledgable "Cavers" and don't be a spelunker (aka a spekunker is someone that a caver will go in and rescue.)

Most of all have fun...

Scott
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

There are a lot of caves in Central California, near Stockton. I've been to a few of the bigger ones that do guided tours. Some have tubes narrower than the width of my shoulders when in normal orientation.

I don't know of any off LA, but it woldn't surprise me. Lots of solid rock formations.

Yep, done a lot of spelunking, both above and below water. That's one of the reasons I don't have more jumps.

We have one underwater cave system (little known) in coastal South Carolina. Also a half and half near Santee.

In Eleuthera, Bahamas there are both types of caves. Many of the underwater caves have stalagmites/stalagites, which is rare. Some have sharks that can remain at rest and allow current to flow over their gills, also rare. (I have some stories on those!!!)

There are some fantastic wild and dry caves near Hatchet Bay, Eleuthera, Bahamas.

Ed