grue

What's the scariest thing that's ever happened to you?

Curious to see what some people have been through...

I think my scariest moment was one of two:

13 years old, screaming down the mountain at Steamboat, lost an edge on some ice, and starting sliding toward the trees at a VERY high speed. Thought I was gonna die, got away with it with "only" a blown out ACL and MCL.

Last summer, I was driving with my at-the-time girlfriend, taking an offramp at a good clip, outside rear tyre blew, and the car went completely sideways. I saved it without too much trouble, but I was scared that if I lost it, she might get hurt :|
cavete terrae.

Exited a Cessna 206 with someone attached to the front of me for the 25th time. Went into a drogue side down side spin. Four thousand feet later I'd managed to get us belly to earth and I threw the drogue.

As it was her first jump I couldn't let her know exactly what had happened. It's difficult to sound cool, calm and collected when seconds earlier you were sure you were both going to die.

Last year when my heart stopped. :( .. Still in ways haunts me to this day. You never know when you can be here one minute and gone the next...

Understandable. I've done the no-more-heartbeat trick, but I was too young to remember it or have it affect me really.

edit: Between your pic and your sig, you're trying to get me all randy on a lonely Friday, aren't you? B|
cavete terrae.

Startled a black bear hiking n New Mexico. There I was a bit in front of the little group and I came around a corner in the trail on an exposed ridgeline and there it was sniffing around with its back to me. Luckly it got startled by me coming to an abrupt halt and it took off the other way. It easly could have charged. I know my bear training but there I was, 20+ miles from the nearest real road with a pack that had probally 15 pounds of food in it looking at a bear... never want to be in that position again.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

I'm 10 years old. My dad was the school bus driver for my area. I'm sitting right behind him and we are the only two people people on the bus. We are heading down a hill with a steep upslope on our side. Coming up the other way at us is a truck hauling hanging meat. The driver of the truck falls asleep and starts to drive into our lane. He wakes up, over corrects and gets the truck on two wheels. This all happens in a split second. Now the corner of the box of the truck is tilted into our lane right at head our height. My dad has no place to go due to the hillside and I can see the look of terror in the other driver's eyes. I know I was scared, but couldn't even fathom what my dad was feeling. Somehow the other driver gets the truck back on a four wheels just a heartbeat before he hits us. We make it past him before the hanging meat in his truck kept moving and flipped him on his other side. That's the closest I have ever come to having to change my shorts. And it was way too close.

Monkeyboy
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

60 MPH Dark night - blacktop

Car with no lights enters the highway from hidden drive and turns on lights.

:o

I locked up "BOTH" wheels (Harley ElectraGlide) - stayed straight - upright and matched speed with about 6 feet to spare.

:|

Bought two tires the next day and vowed to start using the concealed weapon permit.

>:(

---------------------------------------------
Every day is a bonus - every night is an adventure.

Driving home from the DZ a few years ago a drunk pedestrian (.25 BAC) decided to cross a 4-lane highway in the middle of the night. He mis-timed his sprint and I hit him doing 50 mph. He was in a coma for a while, but he lived. I was a little bit rattled, to put it mildly.

Exited a Cessna 206 with someone attached to the front of me for the 25th time. Went into a drogue side down side spin. Four thousand feet later I'd managed to get us belly to earth and I threw the drogue.

As it was her first jump I couldn't let her know exactly what had happened. It's difficult to sound cool, calm and collected when seconds earlier you were sure you were both going to die. ***

I've so been there, sister.

Did you also worry if you we're going to freak out your student on the ground when you took off your goggles and your eyes were bleeding? That was one of my thoughts, but luckily they didn't turn solid red for a day. Do you also find it difficult to describe to another jumper the forces involved in a real side spin?

I've been:
shot
arm cut open to the bone
hit with a boat prop
skeleton
Bobsled
32+yr motorcycles
hit with Hi voltage on the on the job(7,200V.)
then cardio-inverted 4 times that month after.
came off/fell from pole(20ft. up) and had wood go THROUGH the muscle in my arm
Broke leg 2nd yr of skiing at age 4 (1st time alone[:/])
BUT!!!!!!!!!!
most scared was when I realized I should get an annulment on the 2nd day of my honeymoon.
(living apart no and then over the years...seem to help.)

I've been:
shot
arm cut open to the bone
hit with a boat prop
skeleton
Bobsled
32+yr motorcycles
hit with Hi voltage on the on the job(7,200V.)
then cardio-inverted 4 times that month after.
came off/fell from pole(20ft. up) and had wood go THROUGH the muscle in my arm
Broke leg 2nd yr of skiing at age 4 (1st time alone[:/])
BUT!!!!!!!!!!
most scared was when I realized I should get an annulment on the 2nd day of my honeymoon.
(living apart no and then over the years...seem to help.)

you have a new name dude...."the cat with ninelives"...wow....

doing 80mph down the turnpike and the car 2 ahead of me locks up all 4 and does a 170deg spin and heads across my lane into median missing me by mere feet......almost got my wings...:)

Hey john...I'll be back up to Deland soon. Miss you all..BTW...thanks for the bottled water;)(remember me now?):ph34r:

I forgot to mention having my Oyxgn faceshield tear off at 241mph and only half way through my jump[:/]
and Damn! I still had to home at 3pm in time for Church(Sat. night) Been a long time since I got to play by MY rules.[:/]

Probably my bounce at Quincy -- on the first impact I knew my femur was broken and didn't even know if my leg was still attached to the rest of me. On the second (or was it the third?) impact I felt my neck sprain and felt a snapping, popping sensation, so wasn't sure that if I survived that I would be able to move anything.

Once I stopped hitting the ground and realized I was still in this plane, I reopened my eyes then started taking inventory. The relief I felt once I was able to see that my leg was indeed still attached was great.

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Why do they call it "Tourist Season" if we can't shoot them?

I forgot to mention having my Oyxgn faceshield tear off at 241mph and only half way through my jump[:/]
and Damn! I still had to home at 3pm in time for Church(Sat. night) Been a long time since I got to play by MY rules.[:/]

All I can say after all you've been through is that you are truly blessed and your "purpose" here isn't done yet.;) Perhaps one day that "purpose" will be clear to you if you don't know yet...:S