Skyspirit

Traveling across the US DZ by DZ

Hi,

I am jumping in my car and going west DZ by DZ, Been in the sport for 2 years, 221 jumps and looking to pull the rug out from under my life and reach out into the more exspansive world than my little corner of NY.

What DZ are you a part of? Where are you located? What else do you do beside skydive?

Looking to be challenged, make connections and be free!

Wow! Here we go.......
"Blow wind come wrack, at least we'll die with harness on our back." William Shakespeare

I am all the way over on the other side of the country near Seattle.. Kapowsin is the place to be out here. Summer is AWSUm with spectacular views.. and the best jumpship in WA....the Super Otter.

On the way across the country you could stop at the Lost Prairie Boogie.. a whole week of some of the best parties and skydiving that there is.. with nearly perfect weather..low humidity... nice and warm.. cool nights..and the airplanes from Skydive AZ and afternoons spent in the crytsal clear waters of the lakes...come on out ahd hang.

Besides skydiving.. In Aug I usually spend some time sailing on my boat at the mouth of the Columbia River and we usually throw a few salmon in the cooler while doing it.

There are two in my neck of the woods, Eugene Skydivers in Creswell, and Skydive Oregon in Molalla.

I live outside Salem, I go to school, Scuba, and try to be outside as much as possible.

Heather
Garbage bags do not make good parachutes.

I can reccomend a bunch that are or could be on your path.
Archway in Illinois- Caravan-Awsome people-great landing areas
Freefall Express-I dont know their current aircraft-awsome people-great landing areas
OSC(oklahoma skydiving center)-182 (very fast)-great landing areas-the owner rocks and people are great.
WTS(west tennessee skydving)-Mullins super king air- air conditioned/heated packing- RV hookups-camping-pool.. great vibe-great people-did I mention Mullins super king air?
SDD(skydive dallas)-If you are far south- caravan and super otter, bunkrooms, huge facility, usually jumping friday-monday, lots of people to jump with, lots of tallent, quite a bit of team training though.

anything else just ask or PM me about those places, Ill tell ya what I think/know.
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

Hiedi,
You are making me happy and sad. So happy to see you go out and take on a big adventure, sad to see you leave. Is you foot healed yet?

Whichever DZ you stay at will be very lucky to have you visit. Heidi will bring a sense of calm and happiness to any DZ.

All the best Heidi!!

The only time you should look down on someone is when you are offering them your hand.

There are a bunch of dz's you could come visit in FL. I'd schedule your trip so you'd be down here in the winter time.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

If you make it to WA and are on the east side there is Richland Skysports my home DZ and to the north near Spokane there is Westplains Skydive in Davenport. Were doing night jumps this friday at Richland if you feel like skipping the rest of the country and head this way.

CSA #699 Muff #3804

You can come freefly with me, Chrissay, Downwind, Countryscrub, Cocheese, and a couple other dz.commers at TECUMSEH!!

We're located near Ann Arbor, Michigan, and the scene there is AWESOME. Good people, good flyers, good times before and after the beer light comes on. We have a speedy Otter too!

PM me if you're gonna be comin' out! :)

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

Ya gotta come to IDAHO!!!!

Whitewater rafting, kayaking, waterskiing, naked potato sack races, we have it all.:ph34r:

"Make your plans dark and as inpenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt" -Sun Tsu

rocket

that's so cool! where do you plan to end up(nw/sw)? texas would love to have ya if it's on the way... or even if it's not!:D have fun!!! clicky

edit: sorry, just saw this in a thread above... hehehe!!!
"....naked potato sack races, we have it all."
i didn't lose my mind, i sold it on ebay. .:need a container to fit 5'4", 110 lb. cypres ready & able to fit a 170 main (or slightly smaller):.[/ce

If you are going over along the northern edge of the US, I would stop by at Aerohio, Super Otter, nice people, etc. and then head on up to Skydive Chicago which has always treated me nice as well.

Ya! Come on over to Skydive Chicago!! Its an awesome place with 2 Otters and lots of great people. (Campground, cafe, bar, etc.)
I have also heard good things about Chicagoland Skydiving, which is only about 40 minutes from SDC.

I hope you have an awesome road trip!! :)
"At 13,000 feet nothing else matters."
PFRX!!!!!
Team Funnel #174, Sunshine kisspass #109
My Jump Site

yea! Definitely do Illinois BIG time, we have lots here. After you leave the DZ's in the Chicago area, come to Quad Cities, we're at the junction of Interstates 80 and 74. Quad Cities Skydiving Center is here, you can stay with me. If you head north, go to the Superior Skydivers, and stay with my husband. We are both pretty easy to get along with.
If you come to the WFFC, come early and help us set up, it's loads of fun, and really neat people from all over the world show up to join in the work/party. We start working July 29th, in Rantoul. There may be a couple loads in the air prior to the actual convention beginning on Aug 4th..
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]

I am doing the same thing. I recently resigned from my job, got out of a long term relationship and decided that I need to get away from New Jersey for a while before I go insane. So I am packing up my SUV and heading out Friday. I have no real plans set, but I am goingto travel from DZ to DZ, jump, camp, meet people and find myself. I hope to start out heading southto Florida and then to the west coast, looping back hitting the central states and a few northern. I figure I will be gone for a month maybe more. I will be going alone (since no one I know can just take off with me), which is good and bad. So, not to steal this thread..But, anyone fun who wants to invite me to hang out or whatever feel free to give me a shout. Skyspirit, if you want to split gas you can catch a ride with me. ;)

On the way across the country you could stop at the Lost Prairie Boogie.. a whole week of some of the best parties and skydiving that there is.. with nearly perfect weather..low humidity... nice and warm.. cool nights..and the airplanes from Skydive AZ and afternoons spent in the crytsal clear waters of the lakes...come on out and hang..

I'LL be there the last weekend for my FIRST TIME! Yes I will also bring a case of beer for saying that! I think most of the people from Richland Skysports will be there. I can't wait I think about it every day!!!!
B|
If you make it to Washington, stop by Richland and jump with us on your way down to Kapowsin. :ph34r:
Stay safe, have fun, LIVE LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wish I could be you.
Jason
Some day I will have the best staff in the world!!!