mattsplat

dehydrated water

One of our newer packers who started packing while I student status did something similar.

I had him go ask the pilot and the DZO (who were standing together) about the last time they had checked the radiator fluid in the 182, since it had been a long time and was very bad. He was very concerned and went quickly to ask them about it.:D:D:D
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

We have a can of "dehydrated water" on top of the refrigerator :)
Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

We used to do this all the time in Army. Asking for a can of squelch or a box of grid squares. I was once asked for a count of the blank tracers, to which I responded in a profanity laced tirade against that asshole who clearly had too much time on his hands (we were of equal rank).

I did, however, once ask an unbusy armorer for a set of handguard spreaders for the M-60. He looked for one. I'd often make sure to tell my guys to watch out for "TR Double-E's" and "ST-Ones"

My wife is hotter than your wife.

:ph34r: I think it's pretty funny to send new ramp rats where I have worked out to look for a couple feet of flight line for a job I'm working on. Or liquid stainless; which they usually come back with anti seize.

I know somebody who did the flightline and he found it, portible runway for military.

We still get people with the "ID-ten-T" forms and on a very rare case get someone manning a .50 cal watch to mind those low flying "GU-eleven" bombers when we are close to land.B|

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

I worked for a painter who did a lot of custom interiors. He would send his newbies out for a can of plaid paint. He warned them to make sure they didn't shake it at the store. :ph34r:

I've sent a kid looking for a metric cressent wrench.

A sheet rock stretcher is a classic.
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

the best one I've heard is form my buddy chris.

he works in a truck tire shop in NY.
he was getting fed up with the new stupid kid so he sent him to the other shop ( all the way across long island) to get a bucket of steam.

a few hours later the kid comes back with a bucket held upside down and says "they told me not to turn it upside right because the steam will come out"

it was easily a 2 hour drive round trip
My photos

My Videos

Worked as a Heavy Equipment Rigger for a while (Moving Massive Machines).. We would always send the new guy for a Sky Hook.

Also the ever popular Bucket of Steam..

But my favorite:
I was changing out the transmission in a Honda with a friend. His Girl Friend was going back and forth to the parts store for us. After the third trip.. She said that was it. She wasn’t going back again!! Well we begged and pleaded saying that we promised this would be the last time. She finally agreed, so we sent her after the Muffler bearings and Antifreeze Filter for the Honda we were working on.;);)

She was not amused when she went back to the same parts store and asked for the parts and everyone there Fell out laughing.

My brother used to work for a parts store. He said that people would come in all the time and ask for weird stuff, or just mis-describe it.

But the second best day was when a really nice-looking girl came in and asked "got some Motor Honey?" He said "I sure do :):P"

The best day was when a guy came in and asked if there was anything they could sell him to flush out his rear end. My brother said he told him that stuff to flush out your rear end could only be found at the drug store. He then went into the back room to fall down, and sent someone else to talk to the poor guy.

I can remember asking my mother where I could find some elbow grease, needed to remove crayon marks :D

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

One of my favorites for our probationary firefighters is to have them manually pressurize a 2 1/2 gallon water type fire extinguisher. Now for those who don't know, these type extinguishers require 100psi of air applied through a valve similar to a tire. We inform the probies that there are situations where we might not have a pressurized air source available. In these instances we tell them to vigorously shake the extinguisher, full of water, until the pressure gauge reads 100psi. (similar to shaking a can of soda pop). I've had several people shake for well over an hour before they would finally ask what they were doing wrong.:D:D:D

A few I remember from the Navy:

Sending someone to get a can of ohms or a board stretcher...

Sending someone down to engineering to get a BT punch...

New junior officer standing the midships rudder watch...

We had people looking for GU 11's too. And B 1 RDs
Owned by Remi #?

I'm remembering back from my days workign in the grocery store when we'd have newbies mop the freezer floor and they'd get worried because the mop stuck.

Or we'd send one to go shake all of the Italian dressing to make it look nice. It always settled before they made it to the end.

Jeez. I was such an asshole. WHat do I mean "was?"

My wife is hotter than your wife.

a few years back, in high school - we were building these "robots" for electronics class (yeah - i was a geek. not a nerd - cuz nerds are smart)

Anway, my buddy asked me how he shoudl go about putting a square hole in his chassis (read: metal box). I told him to just grab the square drill bit.

he spent about an hour looking for it :D

Years ago when I used to do construction I was working on a very large job sight when the foreman decided to mess with me by telling me to go find the sheet rock strecher.
I said no problem boss, and then went straight home for the day.
The next day the foreman was pissed and asked where I was all day. I told him that I looked and looked but couldn't find it and by the time I was done looking, it was time to go home. He never sent me looking for imaginary shit again

My dad got a couple of people...

Sent one to the hardware stores in town to get a board stretcher..he called ahead so they would all play along and

He sent another friend to the hardware store for a bucket of dots and dashes for the telegraph (it was a long time ago when the railroads still used telegraph)

:D
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey