peanut4040

Ben and Cary

Ben and Cary banned for life... August 16

That's so freakin KICK ASS! It's been years in the making but I am SO glad to see it. It's a great day! Fuck You Fuckin Fuckers! :D

What he said....but you know what? I seriously doubt any impact on their scam...only courts will do that.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

My personal favorite now? Did anyone know there's now a SkyVan in Green Bay? Anyone recognize this plane? :) http://www.skydivegreenbay.com/aircraftexp.html
B|>:(

Dude...you didn't read the caption...

Our 24 passenger SUPER Twin Otter, pictured here...

You don't understand; What is pictured is the box the Otter came in. ;)
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

no. ben and carey are skyride.

SDLV is not. they have a shitty reputation for completely different reasons.

Everyone can thank SDLV for keeping your home DZ open. The lawsuits that caused SDLV to start their policies about fun jumpers and the such came about from some lawsuits from family members after a fatality. Their release of liability stood up firmly in court and also created a modern example of such for future reference. This was the first lawsuit in the recent past that was taken fully through court, a very important step in proving those signed documents.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Why would they need a "silent owner"? They don't give 1/2 a rats ass about USPA anyway! ...Remember, they have THEIR OWN "National Sanctioning" Body (organization)!! :S

DOH!

Unfortunately, although it DOES show CHARACTER (and "spine" as one other has called it) on the part of USPA ...that really is, pretty much just about it. I would not anticipate this "action" to have ANY (real) impact on their SLEAZY business practices otherwise, whatsoever. [:/]
coitus non circum - Moab Stone

I don't know if it was the first ( and I am not saying youre wrong) but I do know the the lawsuit was fought tooth and nail and he won. even though I am pretty sure he spent almost half of his left nut on the case.

I also believe that he was a tandem mill at that time already. Its NOT his business practices that I dislike. (actually he made a HUGE dropzone work) it's his attitude towarxd fun jumpers that gets under my skin. but like I said in the first response, he doesnt really own the DZ anymore. He's just pulling the strings
My photos

My Videos

Everyone can thank SDLV for keeping your home DZ open. The lawsuits that caused SDLV to start their policies about fun jumpers and the such came about from some lawsuits from family members after a fatality. Their release of liability stood up firmly in court and also created a modern example of such for future reference. This was the first lawsuit in the recent past that was taken fully through court, a very important step in proving those signed documents.

You're giving Hawkes too much credit. Mr. Booth has done a nice job of representing us on the legal front (as do other people/businesses) and Laidlaw vs. Dyck was a black eye even if it did happen in a Canadian court. The Pappadato suit was not a cornerstone, it was just another brick in the wall.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

...it's his attitude towarxd fun jumpers that gets under my skin.

A couple years ago, I had a long convo with Mr. Hawkes and as jtval put it above, this is the story he gave me as well. Unfortunately, it falls into the category of the few ruining the fun for the many. He eliminated the general cause of his headaches and didn't have anymore.
------
Michael

Right, we wouldnt want regualr, dues paying USPA members knowing what goes on would we ;)

LOL I guess not. but from the original post I think its the Active member data log(or whatever the USPA callsit) that shows this info.

y know like when you visit a DZ and forget your license they can look you up and see you are still a member. I think its in that section
My photos

My Videos

I was at Cedartown a couple of years ago and I asked Ben what he thought about the flack he gets from their business practices. His reply was, "I just laugh my way to the bank." [:/]

Hopefully this is just the beginning to running their dz's and Skyride out of business.

Has chuting star also lost their group membership.... if not they will probably turn the dz over to them and continue to "lease" the aircraft and still be a uspa dropzone... looks to me as they have already found a way around the system

no, mike has not lost it.

hopefully he is smart and gets out.

Has chuting star also lost their group membership.... if not they will probably turn the dz over to them and continue to "lease" the aircraft and still be a uspa dropzone... looks to me as they have already found a way around the system

no, mike has not lost it.

hopefully he is smart and gets out.

If I understand USPA's rules right, a school or rigging business that obtains a DZ GM has to be affiliated with a real DZ that has a DZ GM. Now that ASC will lose its DZ GM on August 16, Chuting Star's GM will cease to exist as well.

They're fucked, plain and simple. But will that keep them from jumping? No. They just won't enjoy the benefits that USPA gives its members, like 3rd party insurance, DZ defense funds, etc...
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

So, what realistic changes do people think will come from this?

Other DZO's might hesitate a bit before doing business with them. Whether it affects what they do directly or not, the black eye ought to have some effect on their ability to attract business "partners".

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)