kansasskydiver

Childhood dream

I just bought a book called "101 things to do before you die" It's pretty good, though I have a lot of things left to do still.

One of them is to achieve your childhood dream and I started thinking of what that was and remembered. When I was 12, I had a dream of opening a club/resturant. I went to the extent of learning a drafting program, made the floor plans, spreadsheets of costs involved etc then actually sent my proposal off, only to be laughed at. It's still a dream of mine, though I don't think of it 24/7 anymore, when it gets brought up in conversation I always get giddy and excited about it. One of these days and $450,000.00 later, I'll have my club.

So 2 questions: What was/has been you childhood dream and have eyou achieved it

And, who wants to invest in my club idea?:ph34r:
<--- See look, pink dolphins DO exist!

Wanted to be an astronaut. I think skydiving will be as close as I get.
----------------------------------------
....so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."

when i was 12 or so,, i dreamed of becoming a veternarian.. when i got a bit older wanted to be a counsulor(spelling) for troubled teens..niether one has come about.. had a time as well that i wanted to open a CLUB/ resturant. Damn it's hard to find the financing for such an adventure..
Hang onto ur dreams:)
If there are no trials in life,how will u know what is really imprtortant
liv2luv
luv2liv,,,SUMMOOO 1

lucky

To be a pilot so I got my license. Then I decided that I would rather control them and jump out of them than fly'em. So I went to the darkside.
"I'm not a gynecologist but I will take a look at it"
RB #1295, Smokey Sister #1, HellFish #658, Dirty Sanchez #194, Muff Brothers #3834, POPS #9614, Orfun Foster-Parent?"

I wanted to be a skydiver.

That, and I wanted to be a doctor. But, well, while I might make a good doctor, I'd've been a lously medical student.

So here I am...

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

i always dreamed of growing up, going to college, hating beer but loving my liquor, being a smartass, but a hard worker, always attracting the asshole guys who wouldnt recognize a girl worth keeping around if she kicked him where the sun dont shine, to be a cute chick with determination, heart and desire....

oh wait, all that did come true...booya

no but seriously, i wanted to be a dolphin trainer...but im going to be a speech-language pathologist instead...

later kids

they may have given me life but skydiving gives me breath
..katie..
http://community.webshots.com/user/goalie85

FM radio DJ

Me, too!!! I was such a geek, and I had so many tapes of me and my "show." My best friend Erin and I had the best radio show ever! :D Now, my friend Phil and I talk about the radio show we should have.
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

My childhood dream was to survive the 60's.
Later, the 70's...now, survive jumping out of airplanes and becoming a skydiver.

In all seriousness, folks....:|
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I always wanted to fly. Just run, lift off and fly.. I always dreamed of jumping from buildings or mountains. I guess I have the "Peter Pan Syndrom". Maybe someday my dreams will come true.. I'm not in a rush to fullfil it in the next few years, but sure before I die :)
Max

I had 4 childhood dreams that I can remember.

1. Flying
2. Being a soldier
3. Playing Football
4. Being a doctor
5. Be a dad

When I was small. I always had dreams when sleeping of flying. No plane, just me and the wind. When I did my first freefall, it all came back to me and is exactly what I had dreamed.

When about 11 or 12, I would see listings in Boys Life for military schools. I always thought that would be great; maybe even go to West Point. Unfortunately, I was not the best student so at the ripe old age of 18 in 1967, I enlisted for Infantry Airborne. Somehow passed some tests that were noticed, got pulled out of the normal enlistment track and later went to Infantry OCS at Ft Benning, GA.

Being small in those Jr High days (90 lbs), I played on the football special teams till 9th grade. Then at the great weight of 130 lbs, I became a first team cornerback and third team fullback. Stayed with those positions through High School. The last year, I actually became the rover which in our defense was a cornerback who could move between the guard and tackle, or the tackle and end at will. It was a great year!

As a senior in High School I did volunteer work at the county emergency room. Got trained and worked as a ambulance driver/medic in the pre-EMS days. My wife is an MD, so that's the closest I got to the Dr thingy.

The summer I was back from Vietnam, I crashed a girl's slumber party and met a girl who 4 years later would become my wife. 2 years later Trent came along.

Looks to me like I got everything!!! :)

Blue skies,

Jim

I had 4 childhood dreams that I can remember.

1. Flying
2. Being a soldier
3. Playing Football
4. Being a doctor
5. Be a dad

Glad one of those dreams wasn't learning how to count.;):P

Growing up I use to dream I had a small board that would make me fly. I would fly over all the houses in the neighborhood, over the trees, etc. I would always wake up and be jealous that I could not do that in real life.

Luckily when I got older I discovered skydiving.:)

Childhood dreams :

work in a ski show for Sea World

Achieved none of these, but have found joy elsewhere.

No way! I always dreamed of doing that, too!
I don't have an M.D. or a law degree. I have bachelor's in kicking ass and taking names.

Glad one of those dreams wasn't learning how to count.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's great!

....and I'm a CPA...

Actually I remembered one more and forgot to change the first line.

I figured that is what happened, but being the smart ass that I am; I had to jump on it.:)

Instead of focusing on the ones I haven't achieved, I'll focus on a few I have:

1. Be a competition skysurfer.
2. Work on movies.
3. Work as a stuntman.

Sometimes when I start getting down on my life, I remind myself that I'd have thought I was living the dream if I could have seen at age fourteen what I'd be doing now.
I don't have an M.D. or a law degree. I have bachelor's in kicking ass and taking names.