veter_

Tampering with equipment

Lets look at a big difference between you and me... Two of my mals were pack jobs from a paid packer... I still take responsibility for those mals, even though I believe they were both due to pack job, because it was MY JUMP, and MY RESPONSIBILITY to make sure I have gear thats good to go, and MY CHOICE to pay a packer. You have a small issue with your sllider, before you pack, at a time I would notice it 2+ more times, and wanna point the finger at everyone saying that they want you dead... Take responsibility for your own situations.

FGF #???
I miss the sky...
There are 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary and those who don't.

So, I haven't noticed that changes they made over the last year in the profiles. I guess I'm just unsafe.:( I should be in a dead pool.:D

Ah, another dangerous skydiver. First, you don't notice the changes in profiles. Then, you forget to uncollapse your slider. What's next? Forgetting to put your rig on before the jump? :D

I'm glad you learned that small things (like half-collapsed slider) may cause "NO BIG DEAL". Chop, pull, land, pay, repeat. ;)

How would you miss (and I suck at packing, even after 9 years), a 1/2 collapsed slider when you are quartering it?

You're asking him? I didn't miss a 1/2 collapsed slider. That's why I'm here. :)

If you suck at packing after 9 years, you should be put on a packing bingo list. :D

Two of my mals were pack jobs from a paid packer...

Dude, if your packer packed you a mal and you continued to use him... what can I say. And if you still use him after he packed 2 mals for you..... :|

I still take responsibility for those mals, even though I believe they were both due to pack job

I am still searching dictionary for a word that means "taking responsibility for someone's mistakes or wrongdoing". The closest I come up with is "Nylon Sodomy". Like when the guy on top of the 10-stack makes a mistake, wraps 9 others beneath him, and the bottom guy takes the responsibility. :)

now your changing to a less useful tactic then total denial.. you last three posts seem to be in the vein of "if you don't like whats said attack the speaker" at least your changing tactics maybe one day you'll get past denial, move on to acceptance and correct whatever the problem is.. The major difference between everyone elses humor in these posts and yours... theirs are funney .. maybe mean to you, maybe just tough love, but funney. your "humor" is only humorous to you and seems like another denial tactic, yet another way to avoid useful advice.

Good Judgment comes from experience...a lot of experience comes from bad
judgment.

Have a look here
http://web.ask.com/web?q=blame&o=8001
this is one extract

People have a tendency to find someone to blame when bad things happen. This behavior is certainly very prevalent and easy to observe in children. The burgeoning personal liability business in our country attests to the pervasiveness of this tendency among adults as well.

Psychological theory and research examining this observed human behavior is quite complicated and incomplete. There is some empirical data emerging to explain why people blame others but for the most part much of our understanding is based on theory and speculation. The authors cited below have developed a theory of blame prediction based on several situational and personal characteristics.

There are four situational factors that affect the likelihood that other-blame will occur. The presence of another at the time of the event increases the probability of that person being blamed. This is why surgeons and obstetricians seem to be blamed much more frequently than general practitioners. The former are more likely to be there when a bad event occurs while the latter deal with insidious or chronic problems that have no discrete starting point. In education, it is more likely, for example, that a teacher who retains a student will be blamed for the student's academic difficulties even ten years later despite the fact that the problems were there long before the event and continued afterwards.

Another factor is the perceived knowledge or authority of the other person. Individuals who are knowledgeable are expected to anticipate negative outcomes and avoid them.

A third factor is how well known the other person is to the victim. If the victim knows the other person well, blame is less likely to result. An example of this is the greater likelihood of one driver suing another for an accident. They are usually strangers. It is much less common for an injured passenger to sue the driver of the car he or she was I since they are more likely to know each other.

Finally, the more severe the outcome of the event, the more likely someone will be blamed. When two students argue in class, teachers are not usually concerned with who is to blame. In contrast, when two students fight on the playground and one is injured, it is more likely that some effort will be expended to determine who was to blame.

There are also two personal factors that are related to the likelihood that other-blame will occur. One is the person's ability to find the good or benefit in a bad situation. This ability is characterized by statements such as "Maybe it is for the better," and "Some good may come out of this." Similarly, people who tend to make downward comparisons (e.g., "I am fortunate for what I have. Others have lost so much more.") are less likely to blame others.

The other factor is the person's attributional style. Some people tend to find fault with others in many situations regardless of the circumstances. Every teacher has run across at least one such parent. No matter how illogical the rationale, some people cling to the need to blame others for everything bad that happens. In contrast, other people have an attributional style which leads to a tendency to blame themselves no matter how obviously blameworthy someone else is.

In any given situation, an analysis of the interplay of these factors can lead to a better understanding of when and why other-blame takes place.

This guy is madder than a big bag of mad things

"be honest with yourself. Why do I want to go smaller? It is not going to make my penis longer." ~Brian Germain, on downsizing

I am still searching dictionary for a word that means "taking responsibility for someone's mistakes or wrongdoing". The closest I come up with is "Nylon Sodomy". Like when the guy on top of the 10-stack makes a mistake, wraps 9 others beneath him, and the bottom guy takes the responsibility. :)

This is where you are blatantly clueless. Is the the guy on the bottom responsible for the wrap? No. Is the guy on the bottom responsible for his own well being? YES!!! He chose to do that crew jump. He chose to step out of that airplane. No matter whom is "technically" to blame, the ultimate responsibility is your own. In your example nobody forced that guy to do what he was doing. It is common knowledge that shit beyond our control can happen in this sport. Accept it, deal with it, or move on.

Why are you even bothering to continue to post? I am loving life reading all 3 of your threads but my god you are a glutton for punishment. Dont know when to shut up do you?

I'm glad you learned that small things (like half-collapsed slider) may cause "NO BIG DEAL". Chop, pull, land, pay, repeat. ;)

How would you miss (and I suck at packing, even after 9 years), a 1/2 collapsed slider when you are quartering it?

You're asking him? I didn't miss a 1/2 collapsed slider. That's why I'm here. :)

If you suck at packing after 9 years, you should be put on a packing bingo list. :D

Well, since you're down to "I know you are, but what am I" type of discourse, I'd suggest you start another thread on some related subject so we can get on with round 3 of you against the rest of dz.com.

Or you could get a case of expensive imported beer, as was already suggested, take it to the dropzone next time you go, swallow some pride and employ the sense of humor that you've been displaying lately to sit and have a laugh with the other people at how you freaked out on the internet over some completely banal and probably imagined issue...

Holy crap, I had no idea how prevalent gear tampering was! I'm really thankful that I read this. I'm walking around with my gear on all the time to make sure nobody tampers with it when I'm at the Ranch this weekend. I think everyone should do this, as well, just to be safe. You can't be too careful, you know.
Well, the door was open...

I'm thinking veter_ has earned a banning...................:)

Derek

But then who would entertain us? Its been really slow at work this week and his posts are, well, funny. Unfortunately he is serious in most of his posts, but he is still very entertaining.
;)

J
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

I thought I'd make a few jokes and have fun before someone makes a "cover for the reserve pin... Really nice work, very hard to see". LOL!!! Someone said:

Live every minute, there is plenty of time to be dead.

Forget about filling in your profile, just go away.

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

This is where you are blatantly clueless.

Here and everywhere else, as you can see from his jokes and posts. Just a generally clueless person.

Why are you even bothering to continue to post? I am loving life reading all 3 of your threads but my god you are a glutton for punishment. Dont know when to shut up do you?

I wonder the same thing... being a door knob is the only answer that comes to mind.
SoFPiDaRF - School of Fast Progress in Downsizing and Radical Flying. Because nobody knows your skills better than you.

they are plotting as we speak, they know where you live, they break into your house when your away to touch your stuff

those people walking into the woods are going there to talk about you! ever notice that its 3 or more at a time!!! they take turns talking about you!!!
the girls are whispering about you on the intercom...
when they step over your unpacked rig they are sprinkling malfunction dust on your canopy and then placing another bet

every wed nite they have secret meetings at grouper's dungen and they play secret videos of you from your house
we wont go into what else they do but they do talk about you.....

those people who are walking to the plane with you are not there to jump, they are in the (witness a fatality pool) they only high five you in hopes of breaking your pull hand and winning the pool.
the pilot is in on it to.....those bumps on the way to altitude......are to knock your pin loose and cause a horseshoe that wraps around your neck, thus making it an suicide

they are also spitting on your pizza
and pissing in your beer
then they go in to the woods and laugh about it behind your back

i hear they are digging a hole in the woods for you!!!!

be afraid!!!!!!

Two of my mals were pack jobs from a paid packer...

Dude, if your packer packed you a mal and you continued to use him... what can I say. And if you still use him after he packed 2 mals for you..... :|

BUT if you think someone at your dz is trying to "kill you" (with a half collapsed slider, no less) you should definately keep jumping there because that's the only option (if you dont count the thousands of other dz's in the world). :S

Admit it, you've lost the plot. You don't belong at the Ranch and you have just managed to ostrasise yourself from pretty much any other dz. If I were you (and I thank god I'm not), I would take up bowling (once the medication has kicked in), because you will find that you are probably not going to receive a warm welcome at any dz again, which is unfortunate, but we all make our choices and deal with the consequences (although, it seems you're having a hard time dealing with consequences, but one day you might get it).

Oh yeah, and check out my sig line, I think it applies to you.
www.TerminalSports.com.auAustralia's largest skydive gear store

I want in on the "next ridiculous post" pool. I sense another one coming to Gear and Rigging within a week. "How can I prove that someone has been tampering with my gear?" Any bidders?

Seriously though. I hope you aren't serious, but I'm beginning to think you truly believe what you are posting. It sucks to be an outcast, especially when you put yourself there.

Skydiving is not your RIGHT veter_ it is a PRIVILEDGE that all of us hold very dear and will do whatever we think will work to protect it and to try to save a brother who is headed down a dangerous path. You think everyone is "out to get you" while we all think that you are "out to get us" with your total lack of respect for your life and the danger you put others in with your behavior. Ironic, isn't it? I don't pretend to know what exactly you have been doing that has people so worried, but they are and you need to pay attention to that. Even if it's the simple canopy kiting in the main landing area, that's enough because you have been talked to about it and yet you continue to do it.

Step back from the situation, get over your paranoia, and apologize to these people. Be humble and admit your mistake. No one is trying to kill you, they are, in fact, trying to SAVE you. They might not welcome you back with open arms, but at least you will have done the right thing. Stop blaming other people for the situation that you're in and take responsibility for your part in it. Be an adult.

I wish you the best and I hope that I don't have to read about you in the "other" forum where all bets are off and the damage is done.

Peace.

Kim
Watch as I attempt, with no slight of hand, to apply logic and reason.

and pissing in your beer

It's funny that you mention it, because as you turned I took a DNA sample and switched the bottles with you. :D

be afraid!!!!!!

I am afraid, Gary Collingwood. Don't you see on the video from my house that I'm writing this under my bed? :P