caress

what was the very first 45,album,cassette,or cd you ever owned?

I mean that belonged to you whether it was a x-mas or birthday present, your first piece of music that belonged to you. Do you remember what age you got it at?

one tin soldier on 45 I was young and it kind of belonged to all three of us kids. we listened over and over and over:)
I've learned.... That being kind is more important than being
right.

I mean that belonged to you whether it was a x-mas or birthday present, your first piece of music that belonged to you. Do you remember what age you got it at?

one tin soldier on 45 I was young and it kind of belonged to all three of us kids. we listened over and over and over:)

Other than the ones my parents already had, the first one I picked myself was the self titled "Pretenders" album. I think I was around 10. My dad bought it for me. Or maybe that's the first one I remember picking...

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Band on the Run- the 45 is the first one I remember owning. I'm the youngest of 4, and I definitely commandeered a few of my sister's records! Carol King's Tapestry is still one of my all time favorites, and I don't know how many times I took that from my sister's room! After I wore hers out, I bought my own copy and its also one of the very first CDs I bought.

But even before that was a Beatles album (cassette) that belonged to my dad. The one with Paperback Writer? I listened to it all the time!

The first album I ever had was The Clash's London Calling album, which happened to be one of the best they ever made. They were my favorite band in my teen years. I eventually moved to Van Halen, U2, Def Leppard, AC/DC and a few others... but The Clash was the first.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Tough, tough call. Many, many brain cells have died slow painfful deaths since then, and the life-force has been drained from many an innocent beer...however...

1st LP (for real, now): "Hejira" by Joni Mitchell. Released in 1976 on Elektra/Asylum label. I do not have the LP anymore (I gave them all away about ten years ago), but I've got it on CD.

mh

"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

the first I remember which was really MINE was ABBA, I think it was the GOLD album not sure... I received it with my first walkman... Had to put 4 batteries in it, and couldn't listen to the complete tape without changing batteries...
That was the good old times....

Before that I appropiated myself a CHIEFTAINS album which was at my grandparent's house in Ireland... And the Chieftains used to play at the local pub every once in a while... Last time I saw them was a couple of km from my place in Switzerland, at a festival called www.paleo.ch in front of 25'000 people :)
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

I don't rememebr the 1st one I got. My mom used to buy KTel compilations when I was little.
but the 1st Album I bought was
[B][RED] MEATLOAF' BAT OUT OF HELL[/RED]
I bought it in 1977 & I still have itB|B|B|B|
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Would have to be "The Sisters Of Mercy - Floodland" the record was imported and cost me 2 months pocket money at the time ... still got that record and is in immaculate condition

"Most of us can read the writing on the wall; we just assume it's
addressed to someone else!" Ivern Ball