lawrocket

Who was the Best James Bond in the Movies?

Connery number one, no doubt about it, just watch From Russia With Love. Brosnan should be second but you'd have to ignore the absolute travesty of a film called Tomorrow Never Dies:S.

I like Roger Moore but he made too many films playing it for laughs and kind of became a suave charicature.

Interestingly Dalton in his ruthless humourless manner is probably closest to the Bond character portrayed by Ian Fleming in his novels, but it doesn't work as well on screen.

OMG I'm such a nerd:|
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

The problem I have with the more recent Bond movies has less to do with the actors and more to do with the plots.

In Die Another Day he gets captured and tortured at the begining of the movie... WTF is that? James bond isn't supposed to get tortured. Sure he gets caught like 8 times in only 2 hours, but he's supposed to smooth talk his way out of it, or just bust out a gadget and cut through the wall or something.

He's a martini drinking spy, not an action hero soldier.

I sometimes hear this debate. I wonder what other people's opinions are. Personally, I'll take Sean Connery, Trebek!

What do you mean you "sometimes" hear this debate? This has been debated ad nauseum.

There are many arguments you can make, depending on what angle you're looking at.

For starters, George Lazenby was a snooty Australian fashion model who did one film and was by far the worst acting ability-wise. Oddly enough, I've read that people thought "On His Majesty's Secret Service" (btw, filmed in the Lauterbrunnen Valley in Switzerland where those BASE jumpers jump near Interlaken) was the best film of them all - I'm guessing since Bond "married" (how ever short it lasted), great scenery and good plot (even when most say "Who the f*ck is he?" wrt Lazenby).

Connery usually gets the nod as the best. He has the best acting skills, chicks dig him the most, guys love his machismo and chauvinism and he was the first Bond. But Connery is Shhhhcottish. James Bond is not a Scot. Connery fact: he wore a toupee in every single Bond film he made. I like Connery a lot.

Moore is about as well known as Connery and usually is just behind Connery in popularity, but in the past few years has to compete with Brosnan. Moore is in fact, the only actual "British" Bond. Interesting tidbit: the producers originally wanted Moore around Dr. No time, but he was still under contract for The Saint. Also, they felt he was still too young and pretty boy looking at the time. Moore is in fact older than Sean Connery. He was I think 42 in Live and Let Die and 58 in A View to a Kill. I think he aged well, although he did look old in hindsight. He is more suave and subtle than the brash Connery and my personal favorite - largely due to the fact that I grew up with him since I was born in the mid-70's.

Brosnan I think has elements of both Connery and Moore and people like him from his Remmington Steele days. In fact, we may have never seen Dalton if the Remmington producers wouldn't have hamstringed Brosnan with one more year on his contract. Brosnan is good, but is the "new guy", runs like he has a stick up his ass (as previously mentioned) and is Irish. James Bond is not Irish. I still like Brosnan regardless.

Dalton, appeared in two movies, with the second being rather weird plot-wise. Living Daylights was classic Bond though in almost all aspects of the film. That Aston Martin was an awesome car. Dalton was too serious for most people, is Welsh (close, but no cigar), is just not as interesting as the others (Lazenby disqualified). Still, as pointed out above, I've read that he is actually closest to the Ian Fleming James Bond.

Yes, I'm a fan. I think the series is one of the greatest ever despite the flaws. And I actually only own 3 or 4 of the movies, but I'd like to own them all.

Pierce Brosnan is also in a tie for best Bond Girl. ;)

What a wuss! :D

Bond is a man of action. Who would you want at a bad moment?

Brosnan "I'm going to kick your butt when I get my hair combed ?"
Roger Moore "I'm so charming that you should lay down those guns."

Connery "The name is Bond. James Bond."

Interestingly Dalton in his ruthless humourless manner is probably closest to the Bond character portrayed by Ian Fleming in his novels, but it doesn't work as well on screen.

OMG I'm such a nerd:|

Absolutely agree. But the movies took on a life of their own after Fleming died.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Did you know that Sean Connery wore a hair piece in all the James Bond movies? He's had thinning hair since his 20's. That doesn't take away from him being the best James Bond, though.:)
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Connery. Period. oh yeah, for those who vote for Moore, he is the only Bond to have a transexual Bond girl (Caroline Cossey - born Barry Cossey, in For Your Eyes Only - also one of, if not the worst Bond films in history). (s)he was not a love intrest, just a girl by the pool, but still....

As for me and my house, we will serve the LORD...

Did you know that Sean Connery wore a hair piece in all the James Bond movies? He's had thinning hair since his 20's. That doesn't take away from him being the best James Bond, though.:)

You obviously didn't read my post - I beat you to it!