rmsmith

Turbine DZ & Home Prices?

I would appreciate hearing about the average home prices for a typical 1,600-sqft place within 15-minutes from a turbine DZ. The inland empire near Perris Valley is priced out of this world, and the small towns around Eloy are real estate bubbles too! Are there places out there where basic fundamentals still exist?

You could move to Davis and go to Skydance. Davis isn't that expensive.

I'm assuming that was supposed to be funny. Less expensive than Sonoma Co <> "isn't that expensive". Well, I guess Woodland or one of those podunks up I-5 may be affordable, but where would you work?

I believe you could do pretty well around Skydive Space Center at Titusville, FL. I recognize it's a long drive to the Inland Empire. Deland is just up the road and not too bad yet. A buddy of mine just bought a bitching place a stones throw from ZHills.

Good Luck,

A small 2-3 bedroom house would go for $180,000 ish.

Or the $120k range in the part of TX where I live.

Hell, a few summers ago I was living in Bryan, literally a 4 minutes drive from the DZ paying near nothing for rent. If I remember correctly that house sold for $115k and it was a 3-bedroom, 2 bath, with a 2 car garage and a decent yard front and back. It was an older house (15 yrs or so) but by no means a worn out house.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I havent looked into them, But I cant imagine Eloy itself is very expensive! lol...

Actually, there was an article about Eloy, AZ being the next boom area with some 7,000-homes planned not far from the airport. However, it looks like the Phoenix, AZ housing bubble is now losing air with 15,000+ homes currently on the market as speculators are now trying to get out of the market. The area's median income is less than $50k, and the median homes are running 6x to 8x that figure, way above the typical 2.5x that a family can really afford.

Sky Dive San Marcos is halfway between San Antonio and Austin. San Marcos is a nice town also. You have a huge range of housing options in this part of the state.
Still very reasonable in San Antonio and San Marcos, less so in Austin.
Most importantly...it's not Houston.
L.A.S.T. #24
Co-Founder Biscuit Brothers Freefly Team
Electric Toaster #3
Co-Founder Team Non Sequitor
Co-Founder Team Happy Sock

You can probably get something of that size for around $600,000 - $800,000 near my home DZ. But that is in England. ;)

I'm NOT totally useless... I can be used as a bad example

You could get something that size around Z-Hills. I live 4-miles from the DZ in a condo right now but am looking at buying some acerage before it is all gone.

Prices start in the high 100's

Tampa is only like a 30-min drive depending on what area of Tampa.

Laters,

K-MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! B|

The REAL KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!

"HESITATION CAUSES DEATH!!!"
"Be Slow to Fall into Friendship; but when Thou Art in, Continue Firm & Constant." - SOCRATES

Living in the cornfields around pretty much any midwestern DZ is dirt cheap. A small 2-3 bedroom house would go for $180,000 ish.

_Am

$180,000 would buy you a 3000 square foot brick house in a gated community here around Fayetteville, NC. Oh, and there are TWO turbine dropzones in town and another one 70 miles north of here.

It's very easy to find 1600 square foot NEW houses within five minutes of Raeford Parachute Center for under $100,000

Chuck

and the small towns around Eloy are real estate bubbles too!

I havent looked into them, But I cant imagine Eloy itself is very expensive! lol...

Did you look into Arizona City?

its not, but dont tell everyone that, or it will be..

and the small towns around Eloy are real estate bubbles too!

Did you look into Arizona City?

its not, but dont tell everyone that, or it will be..

The nicest place near Eloy is Casa Grande, AZ, which sits in a nice green irrigated valley, but homes there are anything but a bargain right now.

You could probably live in Thomaston, GA for peanuts. But I have no idea how one would earn said peanuts in that town . . . unless you wanted to be a Wal-Mart greeter.

Fun Facts about Thomaston GA:

http://www.homegain.com/local_real_estate/GA/thomaston.html
Y yo, pa' vivir con miedo, prefiero morir sonriendo, con el recuerdo vivo".
- Ruben Blades, "Adan Garcia"

Sky Dive San Marcos is halfway between San Antonio and Austin. San Marcos is a nice town also. You have a huge range of housing options in this part of the state.
Still very reasonable in San Antonio and San Marcos, less so in Austin.
Most importantly...it's not Houston.

You're right about San Antonio still being a bargain. Texas looks pretty good these days. I have a EE friend from school who was looking at San Jose, CA or Austin, TX; he went for Austin as the homes were 1/4 the price of those in San Jose!