Keith

I GOT A JOB

I'm finally back in the in the world of employment after taking over a year off of work B| I got a job as a paralegal for a start up viatical called Life Solutions. I report to the general council but will do work for another attorney as well. This means medical insurance which means I get to SKYDIVE B|B|B| I'm so excited. :)
A funny thing happened today during orientation. My boss was giving me the low down on sexual harassment and told me there were 2 homosexuals in the company and hoped I didn't have a problem with it. I said, "No I sure don't I'm gay." She smiled and said, "Well I guess you won't have a problem then." Theeeen at the end of the day I was told I'd be making 6k more than we had agreed on B| How cool is that? :)
I'll be seeing you all in the air some time soon :D
Keith

Don't Fuck with me Keith - J. Mandeville

My boss was giving me the low down on sexual harassment and told me there were 2 homosexuals in the company and hoped I didn't have a problem with it. I said, "No I sure don't I'm gay."

Since you told her you were gay, would it be considered sexual harassment if you grabbed her ass on the way out of her office?

Congrats! Of course, your boss would probably prefer that you spell his/her title correctly (General Counsel). ;)
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Life Solutions, is that the communications company over in Rancho Bernardo area?

Welcome to the paralegal world :S but, seriously, congrats on the job. The one thing about this field....SECURITY. Someone is always suing someone.

"Excuse me while I kiss the sky..." - Jimi Hendrix

"No I sure don't I'm gay." She smiled and said, "Well I guess you won't have a problem then." Theeeen at the end of the day I was told I'd be making 6k more than we had agreed on Cool How cool is that?

Because you're gay? Man did I pick the wrong orientation if that's true.:D:P

Congrats on the new job! Don't worry, you'll still be airtrash to the rest of us.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

And all this time Narcimund thought he was a second class citizen.

From what you've said in the past I know that comment wasn't meant in a friendly way, but I'm a gentleman so I'll pretend it was.

Let's all agree to assume the $6k isn't because Keith is gay. That would constitute unacceptable discrimination against the straight employees who don't get an equivalent fudgepacker benefit. Amusing but actionable.

But even if it were, a rare friendly boss hardly begins to override the obvious disadvantaged position 95% of the rest of the homosexual population is in. Oh, don't even START to deny it. Don't even try.

I've had a relatively safe, pampered, and protected life but I don't pretend my exceptional good fortune (or Keith's) disproves the rule. I know enough about the world not to make that mistake.

First Class Citizen Twice Over

and said, "Well I guess you won't have a problem then." Theeeen at the end of the day I was told I'd be making 6k more than we had agreed on B| How cool is that? :)
I'll be seeing you all in the air some time soon :D

Kaaachinggg! Bonus! Congrats

"You did what?!?!"

MUFF #3722, TDSM #72, Orfun #26, Nachos Rodriguez

Thanks every one :)
Remster: Funny you sould say that. I was so tempted to ask who they were when my boss said that but I held my tongue. Wishful thinking says one of them is a tall dark built studboy that works there :) Well I'm off to Work :)
Thanks again everyone.
Keith

Don't Fuck with me Keith - J. Mandeville