jtval

MR.Bill LAnded

never happened ... someone just put the video up there to mess with you ...

Nope, it happened at Rantoul in 2004. I saw them land it out of the corner of my eye. Bad weather, hop n pop day = a whole bunch of stupid skydiver tricks that day. We lost track of AAD fires and Mals that day there were so many. Everyone kept trying to one-up each other including a 3-way low pull contest (which IIRC had one of the Mr Bill guys on it)

Yep it happened on the load I was on. I landed and then they landed. Top guy slid off about 10 ft to a plf. I saw him get off the ground with his rig still packed and thought wtf?

Later talked to both of them about how they did it (after the AFF got through talking to them!)

Blue skies,

Jim

McBain and King... "Team Crater" lol..

A bunch of us sat right there and watched it from the BirdMan tent. It was pretty nuts. John was up there going "WOO HOO HOO" before they landed. It was slick. Like Bo said though, there were litterally four mal/CYPRES fires in a row out of that PAC.

pretty damn cool if you ask me.

-would it still have been cool if he fell off at 200'? How 'bout if he fell off at 600' and took out someone on the ground when he bounced? :|

That stunt reminds me of the aptly-named TV show 'Jackass'... :S
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

-would it still have been cool if he fell off at 200'? How 'bout if he fell off at 600' and took out someone on the ground when he bounced? :|

That stunt reminds me of the aptly-named TV show 'Jackass'... :S

Indyz came up with a pretty good descriptor for this at that year's Rantoul (I got to see the Mr. Bill landing in-person as well).

It's called the "Hero or Zero Principal". If you make it, you're the hero. If you fuck up, I think you can figure it out.

Was it smart? No. But then again, that's what the average whuffo thinks about skydiving in general.
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

It's called the "Hero or Zero Principal". If you make it, you're the hero. If you fuck up, I think you can figure it out.

Was it smart? No. But then again, that's what the average whuffo thinks about skydiving in general.

You're absolutely right.

-I guess nobody ever accomplished anything in history without taking a chance.

Of course, when there is nothing to gain but personal glory and you risk others, that's when I personally consider it the 'jackass principle'.

I will go so far as to admit that in my past I would have fallen into my own category a time or two. :$
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Am I wrong in stating the following? If so please forgive the ignorance and explain why I am wrong.

I was under the impression it is against the law to land like that without a tandem rating. Isnt there something that states all skydivers must attempt to get their own parachute over their head or something?
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

I was under the impression it is against the law to land like that without a tandem rating. Isnt there something that states all skydivers must attempt to get their own parachute over their head or something?

Technically, you only have to leave the plane wearing a TSO'd dual-parachute system. I don't think the FAR says anything about usage.;)

Anyone care to check this one out?
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™