PsychoBob

Yes, no or maybe

I am sure some people have questions that are unanswered but they they think they know the right answer.

So, this is the "Ask your own question and then answer it yourself" poll.
"I'm not a gynecologist but I will take a look at it"
RB #1295, Smokey Sister #1, HellFish #658, Dirty Sanchez #194, Muff Brothers #3834, POPS #9614, Orfun Foster-Parent?"

If a tree fell in the forest and amonkey witnessed it, would he find a person and let him know if it made a sound?

Maybe. It depends on the type of monkey, the type of tree, and relationship betwen the human and the monkey, and where the human is at the time.
This ad space for sale.

If you were traveling in your car at the speed of sound could you hear the rear speakers? I would say no since you would be several feet in time ahead of the music unless of course sound can travel into the future.

I picked a bad day to stop smoking crack!:D
RB #1295, Smokey Sister #1, HellFish #658, Dirty Sanchez #194, Muff Brothers #3834, POPS #9614, Orfun Foster-Parent?"

it depends on whether your car had an enclosed cabin. the air in an enclosed cabin would be traveling at a velocity of zero relative to the speakers so, you would hear the sound just fine. :P
"Don't talk to me like that assface...I don't work for you yet." - Fletch
NBFT, Deseoso Rodriguez RB#1329

If you were traveling in your car at the speed of sound could you hear the rear speakers? I would say no since you would be several feet in time ahead of the music unless of course sound can travel into the future.

i would thing you could hear it because the source is also traveling the same speed you are... so it is going twice the speed of sound per say......

doesn't work like that. the only concern is what the air speed relative to the speaker is. if you set a speaker up and then moved air past it at the speed of sound, you would not be able to hear it. it would be like dropping a rock into a body of water that is flowing at the same speed that the ripples propagate. from your pov, the ripple would be standing still while from the ripple's pov, it would be moving just as it should.
"Don't talk to me like that assface...I don't work for you yet." - Fletch
NBFT, Deseoso Rodriguez RB#1329

If a tree fell in the forest and a monkey witnessed it, would he find a person and let him know if it made a sound?

Maybe. It depends on the type of monkey, the type of tree, and relationship between the human and the monkey, and where the human is at the time.

*raises hand* From first hand experience, the tree does make a sound. And I'm gonna kill that f#cking lumberjack that didn't warn me before cutting down my tree.:| I miss my tree.:(
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

i would thing you could hear it because the source is also traveling the same speed you are... so it is going twice the speed of sound per say......

Yeah, what he said... and if I'm traveling at the speed of light and turn on the headlights... the light (from my headlights) would travel away from me at the speed of light... because at least in my reference frame my velocity is zero.

I AM the center of *my* universe I can make you the center of *my* universe but the math is just ugly and annoying and so I'd just as soon keep myself there... :P
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

I am sure some people have questions that are unanswered but they they think they know the right answer.

So, this is the "Ask your own question and then answer it yourself" poll.

Our little PB is all grown up into a proper PW.:D

Aren't we proud?;)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

If a tree fell in the forest and a monkey witnessed it, would he find a person and let him know if it made a sound?

Maybe. It depends on the type of monkey, the type of tree, and relationship between the human and the monkey, and where the human is at the time.

*raises hand* From first hand experience, the tree does make a sound. And I'm gonna kill that f#cking lumberjack that didn't warn me before cutting down my tree.:| I miss my tree.:(

Actually, i have to disagree with you there. I spoke with billy vance who was at the scene of the tree being cut down. Apparently, trees don't make a noise..
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

doesn't work like that. the only concern is what the air speed relative to the speaker is. if you set a speaker up and then moved air past it at the speed of sound, you would not be able to hear it. it would be like dropping a rock into a body of water that is flowing at the same speed that the ripples propagate. from your pov, the ripple would be standing still while from the ripple's pov, it would be moving just as it should.

but he said he was in his car, so there would be no air passing over the speaker ( that is if the windows are rolled up and it is a seal enviroment..... that's the senarion i was going for...

***Our little PB is all grown up into a proper PW.

:$:$ Golly Paw, I finally became a whore.:P:D

If anyone of you would see me anywhere or anytime and I would ask "Who is the most attractive person with th best personality"?"You,Bryan without a doubt" ;);)B|
--------------------------------------------------
Growing old is mandatory.Growing up is optional!!

D.S.#13(Dudeist Skdiver)

***Our little PB is all grown up into a proper PW.

:$:$ Golly Paw, I finally became a whore.:P:D

Go back and make me a sammich beeyach
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

it depends on whether your car had an enclosed cabin. the air in an enclosed cabin would be traveling at a velocity of zero relative to the speakers so, you would hear the sound just fine. :P

Is that why when you fart in a car going really fast the smell stays with you? :P Not that i've ever done this of course :D

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky