that goes by the name of Sandman . . .

(America)

12 MPH steady with 22-24MPH gusts!!

Well,here comes another load in,time to go
watch the carnage ensue.

*cough* pussies! *cough*

Walt

Um, yeah.

Isn't the number one reason to downsize so that we can jump in higher winds? I know the Byron peeps are jumping in that.

The winds were not really that bad. The only turbulence I encountered was around 2k. My landings were uneventful and still had lots of forward drive at WL 1.4.

Secret was to not downwind of your landing area. A lot of people were flying over the taxiway and hangers and then landing on the taxiway. No reason for it really.

The reason I believe a lot of jumpers freaked out about the wind was because of the flapping from all the windblades made it seem a lot stronger than it really was.

Just my opinion. Remember if you feel it is to windy for you that is the right decision for you.

Blue skies,

Jim

>The winds are howling
>All the jumpers are scowling
>Turn on the beer light

Aint it foggy outside
All the planes have been grounded
Ain't the fire inside
Let's all go stand around it

Funny, I've been there
You've been here
We ain't had no time to drink that beer

Cause I understand you've been running from a man
that goes by the name of Sandman . . .

(America)

He flies the sky like an eagle in the eye
Of a hurricane that’s abandoned
The only naturals in this sport shit thru feathers...

12 MPH steady with 22-24MPH gusts!!

Well,here comes another load in,time to go
watch the carnage ensue.

*cough* pussies! *cough*

High winds I can handle... it was the turbluence below 1000 feet that many of us had a problem with... many of the canopies close to the ground were bouncing around a ton.

They did calm down later in the day on Friday... and were awesome on Saturday.

The Snow @ 9000 ft wasn't much fun on Sunday... :S:P
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

Yup for some reason it really sucked to realize that ones canopy was trying to stall or collapse below a grand :S

They (wind and skies) were awesome on saturday.... it was only that *cough* foot that was attached to *cough* superman that sucked on saturday lol
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

Yup for some reason it really sucked to realize that ones canopy was trying to stall or collapse below a grand :S

They (wind and skies) were awesome on saturday.... it was only that *cough* foot that was attached to *cough* superman that sucked on saturday lol

hey lm... got your text msg... so what gives? was the foot the cause of the you know what or was it a collapsing canopy?

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

lol ... I downsized cause of the winds... ask superman... I do owe him a shoe though... Ill call you tomorrow... Love ya man, missed ya at the boogie.

???? Wouldn't it of been better to stay on the ground! Don't do that again lisa. Whoever told you to downsize due to the winds is an idiot. Glad your ok but next time if its too windy stay on the ground please
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

lol ... I downsized cause of the winds... ask superman... I do owe him a shoe though... Ill call you tomorrow... Love ya man, missed ya at the boogie.

???? Wouldn't it of been better to stay on the ground! Don't do that again lisa. Whoever told you to downsize due to the winds is an idiot. Glad your ok but next time if its too windy stay on the ground please

ee gads no kiddin... unless you were jumping a super huge floaty canopy that was just so crazy large and you were downsizing to something that was still in your range of competency. still, sorry you're not too banged up, lisamarie. and sorry i missed you too. and lee, you fuckin ogre, you too. it was hard being up in our new place, staring at box after fuckin box after fuckin box to unpack, but that's my life right now...

glad y'all had fun.

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

You missed a good time. Oh well, i'll get to see you again no doubt. Lots of old faces i havent seen in a while

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

Lots of old faces i havent seen in a while

Hey, who are you calling old? :P

Your Jumpsuit:D

lol...ok, you're right! Now give me $300 and I'll get a new one. Otherwise you're stuck seeing this one until I wear the ass out from bad landings! :ph34r:
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Rookie and 2Fat2Fly PM me your mailing addresses so I can send the jumpsuit and helmet back to you.

Boy it is wet and cold in Dublin right now. I don't leave till 4AM tomorrow. The drive back to Atlanta is going to suck with the bad weather. At least I didn't have a cop at every bridge between the NASCAR track and Atlanta like you other guys did. Hope everyone watched their speed! ;)

Blue skies,

Jim

I didnt either until I got to the ground and we were told by a wuffo lol about the nose... It was interesting... this sometimes is such a forgiving sport

BTW the downsizing was not just cause of winds but the winds did encourage me to move to a .8 wingloading vs the .7 ish I was on. Loading the canopy just a bit more helped me not be so iffy with the turbulance. It wasnt a big downsize and at 70 jumps and losing the weight it was about time to down size.

Stitch, was fun getting back from the wheat with ya. Its always nice to land out in groups, makes the time getting back to the DZ not so boring ...
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this