Icon134

verizon Phones

So, I'm comming up on the two year mark in my verizon wireless contract and that means that I'll get 100 dollars towards a new phone.

does anyone here have any experience using currently available phones or know of anything on the horizon... I'm hoping for suggestions... although I'll probably talk to people @ best buy or verizon to get an idea as well...

any thoughts on good bad with the current line up on phones.

btw: I won't be changing carriers... as I've had great service from verizon.

Scott
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

I have the Samsung SCH-a950 V-cast phone...I don't like it and don't recommend anyone getting it. I liked it at first, but like someone else, you can't hear on the phone, so I'm constantly asking someone to repeat themselves..I didn't have the problem from the start, but it started getting worse...my friend had the problem from the beginning. If I could do it all over again, I would get the Razor V3c...not the black though....while in the Keys, the guy who worked for the scuba diving company we went out with had one and once it was heated, it would get so hot that it would automatically turn itself off and was hard to turn back on. They offer other colors...maybe you could get a pink one, Scott. :P

They offer other colors...maybe you could get a pink one, Scott. :P

hmmmm... pink's not really my color... of course it would ensure to everyone that I was secure in my manhood... B|:D

thanks for the feedback on the SCH-a950...
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

I have the Samsung SCH-a950 V-cast phone...I don't like it and don't recommend anyone getting it. I liked it at first, but like someone else, you can't hear on the phone, so I'm constantly asking someone to repeat themselves..I didn't have the problem from the start, but it started getting worse...my friend had the problem from the beginning. If I could do it all over again, I would get the Razor V3c...not the black though....while in the Keys, the guy who worked for the scuba diving company we went out with had one and once it was heated, it would get so hot that it would automatically turn itself off and was hard to turn back on. They offer other colors...maybe you could get a pink one, Scott. :P

I have the black razr and the only thing bad about it is I have problems with the ring settings accidentally changing to mute while in my pocket. It's happened about 6 times in 6 weeks and I missed several important phone calls. I've got a buddy who has the same problem with his. Other than that I've been pretty happy with it. You can purchase it with a new activation at Best Buy for $29.95. Verizon will probably work you a good deal on it with a service renewal.

-

Hubby and I just got the razrs from verizon... they block the blue tooth..but he's hacked his enough (not the bluetooth but the phone) so he can put pics on it and what not. We like our razrs....

~ Lisa
~ Do you Rigminder?

I currently own the motorola E815 and LOVE it!!! I got the battery upgrade and i can talk for well over three hours with out bring the bat past half power. It has mobile web, a 1.3 megapixel cam, Vcast. It can play mp3's from microSD card. I'm not the kinda of person to get hung up on crap like camera's or looks of the phone. I prize function over form and this this is the phone i chose. My only gripe with the phone is that the battery life indicator on the inside of the flip doesn't go down in stages like the one on the outside screen, instead it changes color from green, yellow, red.
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

What about the new one with the funny commercial?

"My phone's at home"

"B/c it's LAAAAMMME":D

I love that commercial. I have no idea what kind of Verizon phone I have (I've had Verizon for 6 years and LOVE them). I just upgraded from my original 6 mo's or so ago. They laughed when they saw it.

I'm royally behind the times. You'd think at 25 I'd be in to all the gadgets, but nope---I hate talking on the phone. I'd rather be out riding bicycles or playing with my animals or fishing or shopping or anything else than be on a phone or on my computer downloading/burning doing all that other stuff. My computer is about to croak, too:D I'll be upgrading my entire office soon, though. I would like to get a nice digital camera and set-up where I can print my own pictures and send them in that Kodak Easy Share to family/friends if I wanted to. I can't even do that right now.

But these things don't bother me. People are way too caught up in technology these days, if you ask me, and not outside enough having fun. It doesn't count if you're texting outside, either.

And that's all I have to say about that:P
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

Not sure if it helps....
Here in the Uk I use a Sony Ericson K750i (has 2Megixel Camera) and I love it ... good battery life, Memory Stick, MP3 .... Oh and I get to make phone calls on it too.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

I've got a LG VX6100 that I had to get a new battery on scine after a year it was only holding about half the charge it used to. Nice phone, not too many options but is great as a phone. I have noticed a tendency to take pictures as its in my pocket if that button is held in on accident though.

I've also got a Motorola V180 for work. That thing is just amazing for its battery life. 3 hours talk time on the thing stright and it still has battery power left. The extended life pushes you out to upwards of 6 hours straight talk time or like 6 days off charger ability. Its as plain as can be, not even a camera.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

I have noticed a tendency to take pictures as its in my pocket if that button is held in on accident though.

Don't keep it in your underwear because you would have a bunch of pictures of your penis! :ph34r:

------------------------------------------------------------
Only if it has zooooom capability!:o
Beauty is only skin deep, but ugly goes clean to the bone!

I like to start my day off with a little Ray of Soulshine™!!

I have the black razr and the only thing bad about it is I have problems with the ring settings accidentally changing to mute while in my pocket.

If you lock your key pad that won't happen. It happens on my Motorola V710 too, w/o the key pad locked.

And I would recommend my V710, I believe they now have the E815 which is basically the same. One thing about the V710 is the camera on it sucks.

I have the E815 as well. If you want a phone that's easy to use, that's the one.

I had the previous version but soaked it in Gatorade. It actually works still, but lost many of the functions. I tried a few others and the software seemed pretty weak. The number keys were flat and difficult to read. Navigating the menu was not very intuitive and since the text was small, it was difficult to read.

I gave up and went back for the 815. The number keys are raised and easy to read. other. The text in the phonebook is larger and easy to read. Navigating the menu is easy too.

One thing I like is the voice command option. Any phone book entry can be brought up simply by saying, “Call ”. It’s not necessary to program each number with your voice because it will recognize it anyway.

Good luck.

Edit: Revised
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

Just recently bought the wife a phone to replace the one that got ran over by the car..yeah after it droped out of her coat pocket. When i was at the Verizon store, the clerk told me that a lot of the razor's are being returned for not working, or repairs, No experience myself. But that was enough to convince me that I would just stick with my old reliable clam shell type.

Mark
So, you bring your beer?

Its 5 o'clock somewhere
POPS #9344

I've had the Motorola V-700 for over a year with BlueTooth - I just got two more, for my wife and myself it's the new Blackberry 7130E. They are good PDA's - Phones - BlueTooth....etc.
-Richard-
"You're Holding The Rope And I'm Taking The Fall"

Sorry.. they only allow the blue tooth for the headset. The rest is blocked... ie connecting it to your computer via bluetooth. They want you to pay extra for that.

Hmmm.. I haven't tried to connect mine to the computer yet but it does connect to my car. I can use it hands free thru the stereo system while I drive.

-