Ugali

DZ Attitude

I was at a DZ where there was a fooze table at the bar. Now, if you lost without scoring a single point the deal was that you had to run aroung with your pants down around your ankles. This happened to a student one night and we never saw him again.
anyone see this happen a lot? seems a shame that stupid stuff on the ground gets in the way of someone having fun in the air.

Tom, Tom Tom, Tommy, Tom Love

I was at a DZ where there was a fooze table at the bar. Now, if you lost without scoring a single point the deal was that you had to run aroung with your pants down around your ankles. This happened to a student one night and we never saw him again.
anyone see this happen a lot? seems a shame that stupid stuff on the ground gets in the way of someone having fun in the air.

A bets a bet, if he couldnt handle the payout he shouldnt have been playing.

the drop zone where i am now is good but utterly boring. the fun is missing but far more students come through. everyone jumps, packs then goes home.

What, it's the DZO's responsibility to entertain you now, as well? If you want it to be more fun, then make it more fun.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

This one didn't last long before it went downhill. It's a worthy discussion, so I cleaned it up a bit - please keep it that way.

And for the record . . . Scotty Carbone is not worthy of that moniker. I've only met Tami once, but that would not be a word I would choose to describe her either. Then there's Hercules - and he's a hero story all by himself.
Arrive Safely

John

People learn to skydive for different reasons, and some never assimilate into the stereotypical skydiver image. As Instructors we should be professional enough to allow our students to be themselves as they learn, rather than pushing them in one direction or another.

Somebody should have let this fellow know what he was getting himself into. If he chose to do it anyway, then (as already stated) a bet's a bet. I used to play golf with three of my GK team mates, playing "hanger rules." If a tee shot didn't make it past the ladies' tee, the owner had to go get his ball with his pants around his ankles. It was accepted by all, and embarrasing but fun.
Arrive Safely

John

This one didn't last long before it went downhill. It's a worthy discussion, so I cleaned it up a bit - please keep it that way.

Comeon greenie.....I was just buzzed and trying to have a little fun with him ;)! Not sure what he name he called me but I would have probably got a little chuckle out of that too :D
<>
Tami

Errr...that's a fussbal rule. Not a skydiver's rule.

I don't know how the attitude was (arrogant, bullying) but if he quit because he had to run around the table with his pants down, he's kinda pathetic. I'd do it in a sec providing the athmosphere is right. Edited to add: I mean if the dropzone was full of dicks who were being arrogant assholes about it, he's did the right thing by chosing another DZ

No score = trousers and pants down and round you go! If its not your cup of tea, just say so or buy beer instead! I can't see many jumpers in Oz enforcing the rule against peoples will. One of the lads at Ramblers, (You know who you are!), saved my dignity with a deliberate own goal last year. The boys at Elderslie rightly sent my drunken, (and naked!!), arse round the table at Black Death!

It sounds a bit like a variation of pizza rules at my fraternity... If you were ever skunked playing Ping-Pong (11-0 score) or if you zeroed in 8 ball then you had to buy a Pizza for the other guy.

I'm not a fooze ball player and I "don't" run around naked... so... I wouldn't play.

And that's always a choice.

Scott
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

He didn't have to pull his fucking pants down play a game of fooz....

In Australia, welsching on a bet is very bad form.:|

In the NT, even worse. ;)

As someone said above, if you can't handle the stakes, stay out of the game. And everybody knows the fooz stakes.

nothing to see here

As someone said above, if you can't handle the stakes, stay out of the game. And everybody knows the fooz stakes.

Eiley when the hell did we start calling Table Soccer FOOZ, we're not friggin yanks>:(
Before skydiving I'd never ever heard anyone call it fooz, look like another stupid americanism has been adopted in OZ:(
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Eiley when the hell did we start calling Table Soccer FOOZ, we're not friggin yanks
Before skydiving I'd never ever heard anyone call it fooz, look like another stupid americanism has been adopted in OZ

OK, that kicks it. We're revoking your visa, and saving a cage with your name on it at Guantanamo.

See, the Yanks and the Ozzies took 2 very different approaches to the Beta version of English that the Brits developed. The Yanks perfected it into something usable. The Ozzies turned it into a foreign language.
Hell, you can't even flush your toilets in the right direction.

Eiley when the hell did we start calling Table Soccer FOOZ, we're not friggin yanks
Before skydiving I'd never ever heard anyone call it fooz, look like another stupid americanism has been adopted in OZ

OK, that kicks it. We're revoking your visa, and saving a cage with your name on it at Guantanamo.

See, the Yanks and the Ozzies took 2 very different approaches to the Beta version of English that the Brits developed. The Yanks perfected it into something usable. The Ozzies turned it into a foreign language.
Hell, you can't even flush your toilets in the right direction.

Yeah...YEAH!

And what's the deal with the 'Big Rock' as a tourst attraction???

IT'S A ROCK!

"Oh...but when the sun hits it just right...."
:S:S:S

At least ya'll coulda put it CLOSER to civilization!:ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I first heard it referred to as "fooz ball" when I lived in Germany, twenty-some-odd years ago.

shouldn't that be "fussball"...? it would seem to me "fooz ball" is some americanised version of the original... americans being well known for putting Zs where others have Ss...

btw... back to the OP.. do you know for sure this is the reason the guy didn't hang around? some students just don't come back one day no matter how keen they seemed...
Skydiving: wasting fossil fuels just for fun.

Yup.

I love the NT, but it's a very long way from civilisation. The roadhouse at Humpty Doo is apparently damn odd. We were warned away from it by some locals.

It's not a rule I'd come across before Oz, but it was explained to me before we started playing. Besides, it's the DZ; who gives a shite about nakedness?