Rdutch

Vibes please (Blood needed also)

Ten days ago, my Mom in the middle of the night went looking for her cat. SHe walked around the block and somehow ended up falling and breaking her Femur/Hip. She spent the whole night unable to move until her neighbor went outside to go to work and found her. My mothers health was already not very well, and the complications from her previous health and the trama from the surgery put her in very bad shape. They had to put her into a Coma to allow her body time and strength to heal. She has severe liver damage due to Hepatitis she caught years ago, and now her ability to form clots is seriously diminished, and she is bleeding a lot with no sign of slowing down.
They have to give her fresh frozen Blood and Blood products daily to keep her alive. and replenish the blood she has lost.

Anyone that has had the pleasure to have met my mom can tell you, she is a very special lady (well aren't all our mothers)?. Very full of life and caring, she has a yard full of pets because she wont allow herself to turn away any needy animal. When I was a kid it was the same with my friends, our door was always open to stay at my house.

So if you have a chance can you please just take a second to say a short prayer, or add onto your normal prayer.

Im trying to find out now how to arrainge it, but the hospital told me that I can ask friends, and myself give blood in her name, and she will get blood credits. My Mom is using a huge amount of Blood, and every little bit will help. If you have any experience with this, please PM me with some help. The hospital knew enough to tell me it was possible, and reccomended, but didknt know how to arrange it.

If you have time, and if you would like to offer help, you can give blood and have the credit applied to Christine Dutch, she is in Munroe Regional Medical, in Ocala Florida.

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers.

Ray
Small and fast what every girl dreams of!

So if you have a chance can you please just take a second to say a short prayer, or add onto your normal prayer.

Done.

In our prayers for a fast recovery.

Do you know if blood credits from other states will help your mom?

Please let us know.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Ray -

Dude, I am so sorry to hear that. I'll see if I can get off early tomorrow and donate a pint in her name. Never donated in anybody's name before - hopefully the donation people know how to do that.

Prayers and vibes,

Vinny
Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

Please let us know.

That's my question too, Ray.

I'll be thinking of you both. Let me know if there's anything else I can do.

Hugs,
rl
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

I'm so sorry to hear that, Ray. Your family has had some tough times in the past year. I hope she pulls through and things start looking up for you all. :)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Ray,

Your mum will definitely be in my prayers and so will you.

I personally cannot donate blood right now due to medication I am on, but my brother donates regularly and I will talk to him about your mum tomorrow.

Hang in there and have hope,
Chris

Please let us know.

The Doctor told me that they use a specific supplier, but what happens if you donate to a different supplier they give partial credits. Arlo has an idea she is looking into, and I will post any updates on my Mother, and information on how to donate blood in her name. The ER staff were a little help but everyone there had a different answer.

Thankyou all for your support and vibes. I am going to print this our and give it to her husband, he is taking this all very very hard, Im sure it will make him feel better.

Ray
Small and fast what every girl dreams of!

That, at least, I can answer, and the answer is:

No, it doesn't matter.

More than likely, if the hospital is using the American Red Cross, the credits can be passed along no matter where we live, but with regional blood collection centers, I don't know what the rules are.

rl
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

I'm scheduled to give blood towards the end of April .. it's the earliest I can give from my last donation. If she is still in need, PM me. I am in a different state though... wonder if I can still do that?

You're family and mom are in my prayers.

~ Lisa
~ Do you Rigminder?

Many vibes and prayers -- she sounds like a great lady.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)