Big_Lotz

Statistics project that i need everyones help

First cutaway was jump #221 due to packing too quickly and the line over clearing the wrong side, leaving me with a spinner with some right side A lines wrapped around all the other lines. I cutaway before I'd consciously thought to start my ep's by looking for my handles.

This might actually fall under you definition of lowtimer complacency as my cypres was not turned on that day (I forgot?) and my reserve handle had fallen out of the needing-to-be-maintained velcro for at least the second time and was out of reach between my rig and my back- I pulled the cable where it leaves the housing at around 800'. :S

I've had 3 reserve rides in 640-ish jumps; the other 2 were much less intense than being back in freefall without an AAD/RSL/reserve handle and my reserve was open by 1800' or so.

When i said complacency i mean it towards packing.

Doesn't that assume that all cutaways, unless due to some structural failure of the gear, are due to packing errors?

Walt

and that you are the one who packed it? would it be right to include it if the packjob was from a packer?

Where is my fizzy-lifting drink?

Zero cutaways with 1343 total jumps.

Can I pack for you at the boogie?:)

Mine was #43

It wasn't complacency - it was inexperiance.

I could have probably cleared the tension knot. But I chopped it anyway.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I need this data because i am trying to prove that the majority of skydivers will have their first cut away from 100-200 jumps based on complacency issues. If you first cutaway does not agree with this hypothesis please post it anyway,

That's me. No (knock on wood) cutaways, more than 200 jumps.

I should note: Well, before I note, for the record, this will show just how royally spoiled I am. OK, back to the note:

My boyfriend has packed 98% of my jumps. I'm precious cargo to him. He takes care in packing. Not to mention I jump a 1:1 ratio. So, I've had a couple easy-to-fix malfunctions. I mean, when you're lines are twisted all the way up, but you're only at a 1:1 ratio, your canopy is (at least mine always was) still fat & happy and it's like untwisting your chains on a tire swing---Weeeeeeeeeee:P
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

#532 first chop lineover
#558 cypres fire after deploying main at 1200' two out (complacent)
#1283 chop Another lineover
# 2235 Tandem chop broken lines
# 2245 Tandem chop misrouted drouge bridal
complacency can kill ........sometimes it is better to be lucky than good.
always check your gear before you board the plane
stay Safe,
Jim OKe
The ground always, remembers where you are!

#229 but complacency was nowhere near the place. I was sharing a rig with a rigger friend who had no container but had a main. I had no main. So we pieced together what we had and shared. His main, a PD 170 (F-111, pre- Zero-P days) had a tear at the bridle attachment point but we didn't know it - yet. He had jumped it last and when I noticed it wasn't up to par, I cursed his sorry ass. But as I reached for the reserve rip cord I remembered just who had packed the reserve and I rather quickly took back all that cursing and praised his sainted ass. I now have about 4,000 jumps and five mals. God I love this shit!

how am influencing the data set?

I suggest you show this thread to your professor and ask them to tell you what you did wrong. There are so many factors here that I'm not going to volunteer to educate you. That's what your professor is paid to do.

First Class Citizen Twice Over