lawrocket

No Alcohol April - Rules and Guidance

I'm in! But I've gotta talk to Skymama. I've got a birthday in April and I'm going to Vegas. This will be a challenge being there 4 days.

3. Easter Sunday - Automatic Special Dispensation - Easter is April 16. Some may want to participate in the Sacrament. Others may have a traditional gathering of family wherein wine is a festive centerpiece of the meal. Therefore, April 16, 2006 - Easter Sunday - will by this rule have "Special Dispensation" and not be considered for purposes of this test.

uh, Orthodox Easter is the 23rd. Can I still get a "special dispensation" for that? B|

Thank god I don't have any big plans for April... However the last weekend in April may be the deal breaker! :o :D

g

Raddest ho this side of Jersey #1 - rest in peace brother
Beth lost her cherry and I missed it
.... you want access to it, but you don't want to break it.

Discretionary "Special Dispensation" - is BULLSHIT. If you're going to stop - then stop it all - not one fucking drop, including cough medicine and Nyquil.

I'm with you on this. When alcoholics are in recovery, do they get to drink on special occasions? They don't get to say it's okay this one time because it's boxing day.

Can you get a "Special Dispensation" for an event rather than a particular day? I have one of my Big Three customer events in April and I need one for the day that I take out my airshow performers and one for the night airshow cuz that's the night I'll be hanging out with PsychoBob and we might as well drink together since he won't jump with me:P:P
I am not the man. But the man knows my name...and he's worried

Discretionary "Special Dispensation" - is BULLSHIT. If you're going to stop - then stop it all - not one fucking drop, including cough medicine and Nyquil.

I'm with you on this. When alcoholics are in recovery, do they get to drink on special occasions? They don't get to say it's okay this one time because it's boxing day.

I'm not thinking anyone doing this is an alcoholic. Obviously, something like this wouldn't be appropriate for an alcoholic in need of rehab. Here I'm simpling putting out a challenge. I have no plans on asking for any dispensation myself.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

I have stock in several beverage companies - I just can't see this as a good thing.:|

Financially I mean.:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Why are my odds so sucky?

Sucky?? You got the best odds of all. A Chance to make some real Money!!;)

BTW.. If anyone actully takes those odds.. I will be forced to follow you around with Jello-Shots and Shooter Girls untill you give in else I might loose money!:P

J/K Girl.. I wish you luck and hope you make it.

*sigh*

This is much against my better judgement, but it's so kinky I may just have to give it a go.

Special Dispensation for my birthday, though. And I reserve the right to other psychoactive chemicals when the abstinence all gets too much :P

The things I end up doing because of dz.com... *mutter*
--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?

I'm In ;):P;) Whats the Odds on me? Hope you have enough money to cover the bets.

Anyone want to borrow some money to bet on my making it without any special dispensations? :P

Seriously though. Anyone need someone to talk to during this, my phone is always on and will always answer or return a call ASAP.

One suggestions though give it 90 days not 30. If you don't think your life has greatly improved in 90 days your misery is easily refundable, just drive to the 7-11 and buy a 12 pack and get back on the train to no where.[:/]

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

It's an opportunity to make myself a better person.

Are those that drink alcohol worse people than non-drinkers?

Absolutely not. If that were the case, I'd be a horrible individual - at least I'd be more horrible than I currently am. "The opportunity to make myself a better person" comes from my personal quest to go for a month without something I really enjoy. In the end I will have saved money, improved on my coping skills, and who knows, maybe even saved a life.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Honestly, you'll be amazed at how hard it is to do this...

um... it isn't hard at all... I don't think I've had anything to drink in something like three months... (I think I had a couple on new years... but I probably shouldn't have... :|)
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

Honestly, you'll be amazed at how hard it is to do this...

um... it isn't hard at all... I don't think I've had anything to drink in something like three months... (I think I had a couple on new years... but I probably shouldn't have... :|)

It's hard when it's a habitual part of your life.

I'm debating doing this, but I will need a dispensation: I can't, in good conscience, buy beer for my 600th without being able to drink some of it :P.

It's hard when it's a habitual part of your life.

I'm debating doing this, but I will need a dispensation: I can't, in good conscience, buy beer for my 600th without being able to drink some of it :P.

I used to drink... my junior year of college I was drunk about every weekend... and the closest I ever came to puking (as well as the drunkest I've probably ever been...) was while I was living in Japan the latter part of my junior year in college... I had a rule... (hmmm... maybe I should tell a story... I have a couple I've been wanting to tell for a while.)

Then when I got back from Japan I basically just gave it up... I lived in a fraternity and you better believe there was peer pressure... I paid into a social fund that was in one way or another filtered into beer/booze, etc... and I didn't partake in any of it... regardless of what anyone tried to get me to do... I was dry for the entire year.

don't get me wrong I occasionally drink, a glass of wine, a mixed drink with dinner, etc... and I've even been drunk since then (I can count the number of times on my hands though and I graduated college in 2000...) peer pressure and habit is a difficult thing to break but for me... not drinking is a VERY GOOD IDEA!!! (not because I'm a mean drunk or anything... far from it in fact... I'm actually a very oddly amusing drunk, or so I'm told... I'm not going to go into why but trust that it's not a good idea for ME to be plastered...
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...