lawrocket

What is Your Best Friend...

The old adage is that "A dog is man's best friend." Well, my best friend ain't my dog. I like the dog, she's cool and all, but she ain't my best friend. Of course, she may be somebody else's.

So, outside of people and your rigs/canopies, etc. (I'm nipping that in the bud right now in hopes of a more interesting thread), what is your best friend?

Mine is probably my Les Paul - I've been neglecting her a lot lately.

My kegerator may be another one that I have recently neglected (I used her to store a honeybaked ham last month :([:/]) and now have Coors Light in her at the request of family members.

Or we could ask what is REALLY a Man's Best friend, so that Skydive St.Mary's could add some lust to this thread...

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Whoa, a thread I probably won't kill...

My best friend is my wife, actually. Why? Well for one, she's pretty relaxed about all the time I spend with my other best friends: my Les Paul, my Wolfgang, and my Ibanez! :)
Course, that's just for starters, and certainly not number one...;)
Doctor I ain't gonna die,
Just write me an alibi! ---- Lemmy/Slash

My best friends are my hunny (#1) and my girl Sher since the K-grade (#1.5):P

My non-people best friends are my animals---most especially my big, fat, soft, fluffy Sabre cat:P I SWEAR he always knows what's going on with me.

Non-living best friends: Red wine, La Mer moisturizer and Vogue magazine;)
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

A storyteller every waiting to excite me.... an object willing to help me escape... a source of knowledge and education .... an adventure with daring and death / a romance affair with intellectual lust / a mystery to challenge and conquer... a book.

That or the lake by my house... beautiful, calm with annoyingly vocal geese.

Karen

Ooooo, good answer!

I could have said "something great to read" but instead I said "Vogue magazine." I think I got my point across, though:D

My hunny LOVES the lake. I know exactly what you mean. So calming:)

awesome visuals created by nature....

You're not kidding. Mother Nature never ceases to amaze me. I find even lightning storms eerily calming. I love sitting out on the porch rain or shine;)

One thing I see often that's calming, where I live in the bay area in the evenings the marine fog often comes pouring over the santa cruz mountains and it looks tremendously awesome! Like a huge tidal wave crashing into and over the mountains and flowing over. It's quite spectacular and humbling to see things like that. I find lighting and thunder storms to be soothing too. It's endless.... Those kind of things are my best freinds...

Well, I'm digging my new CuisineArt Grind n Brew coffee maker right now, but I'm not sure its reached best friend status just yet. It probably makes the best coffee I've ever had from a home coffee maker, though. I'd say we're bonding!:P

I just realized you crack me up:D

It's funny how great I feel after running and how much better I feel in general, when I've been running 4 mornings/wk for a while.

But for whatever reason, sometimes I just get sick of it and can't seem to remind myself enough how much better I really feel when I do it.:S

Why thank you:$.

But for whatever reason, sometimes I just get sick of it and can't seem to remind myself enough how much better I really feel when I do it.

Do you run on the treadmill? I find that running outside, taking different routes, and DEFINITELY listening to music while running helps keep it fun. ( And also, switching between days of doing fast intervals and running up hills with longer, more steady runs)

Also, you should try some other stuff besides running too, like rollerblading. Talk about a dangerous activity.:| I have brakes on my mine that I don't like to use.B|

Mother to the cutest little thing in the world...