spiccoli

is my chest strap too low?

I just got my new container, and noticed the chest strap is about 2-2.5 inches below my nipples, across the bottom of my stirnum. Every other rig i have worn previously has been rented or borowed, but they all had chest straps that came across my nipples or close to. Given that my new container was custom built, its hard for me to imagine the strap being in the wrong place, however logic tells me its better if the strap comes across the bulk of the chest, and not an area that has less flesh and may be vulnerable in the event of a hard opening. So far, its not uncomfortable to me just walking around in it, but I have not jumped it yet (will tomorrow for the 1st time). Can this be fixed, or am I just being too particular and its not a problem in the first place?
we need to talk about your flare..

Mine's there, and that's just where I like it. If your shoulders are loose or too wide and you freefly I can see getting worried. But while it's not ideal to have a rig that's loose in the shoulders, until they began making narrower yokes, all rigs were wide in the shoulders on me, and I haven't fallen out of one yet.

Keep it to where your main lift web comes straight down the sides from your shoulders and you'll probably be fine.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Is it an Infinity ?
Did you ask for the Amazon mod ?

I resemble that...

I can't help myself:):D

Great posts!! Thank You:)
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

I just got my new container, and noticed the chest strap is about 2-2.5 inches below my nipples, across the bottom of my stirnum. Every other rig i have worn previously has been rented or borowed, but they all had chest straps that came across my nipples or close to. Given that my new container was custom built, its hard for me to imagine the strap being in the wrong place, however logic tells me its better if the strap comes across the bulk of the chest, and not an area that has less flesh and may be vulnerable in the event of a hard opening. So far, its not uncomfortable to me just walking around in it, but I have not jumped it yet (will tomorrow for the 1st time). Can this be fixed, or am I just being too particular and its not a problem in the first place?

Coming from a manufacturer the best would be to have photos taken when your fully geared up, in your normal jumpsuit with the chest strap and leg straps secured as if you were about to jump. Send these to the customer service department of the manufacturer and see what they have to say about the fit of the harness.

Blue Skies

Mine's there, and that's just where I like it. If your shoulders are loose or too wide and you freefly I can see getting worried. But while it's not ideal to have a rig that's loose in the shoulders, until they began making narrower yokes, all rigs were wide in the shoulders on me, and I haven't fallen out of one yet.

The rule of thumb I have heard is that when fully geared you should not be able drop the yoke off your shoulders. If you can, and you have, say an inadvertant deployment while head low (diving toward the formation or poor track) you could come out of the harness.

BTW Wendy - a friend let me borrow his Jav Odyssey (he's my size) and I'm very impressed with its fit around the yoke. Much more comfortable and sculpted to hug the shoulders.

JW
Always remember that some clouds are harder than others...