VanillaSkyGirl

Match.com?

Sorry about the PM thing.

And I echo the sentiment here - if you have to go to match.com with your personality and looks, us common folk are screwed.

That just makes me feel a little uncomfortable, although I know that you're joking!

I meet and have pretty good chemistry with a good number of quality men in real life. They are wonderful people, but they just are not right for me. I tend to place most men into this "friendship" zone, and I don't really think of them as anything more, than a friend with good chemistry. If I am attracted to someone enough to have it go beyond a friendship, that is very, very rare. It just doesn't seem to happen very easily to me. I would rather be alone, than not content.

The only people that I know who were "successful" on any of the dating sites were people who were "serial dating".

They wanted to casual-date 3 different people a week. Go out for dinner, movies, or whatever. They weren't interested in a relationship. They were just bored and wanted people to do stuff with.

This was exactly why my co-worker stopped using the site. He was having to keep up with 3-4 people at once, each in various stages of dating and it was too much work. I think the site even promotes this method of dating.

This was exactly why my co-worker stopped using the site. He was having to keep up with 3-4 people at once, each in various stages of dating and it was too much work. I think the site even promotes this method of dating.

That sounds horrible and exactly the opposite of what I am looking for in someone. I really am a one-man type of woman, and I am only interested in a one-woman type of man. I don't think that I would want to go through that other process.

Someone told me that it was a bar atmosphere without the competition. People in bars determine if they should talk to you and miss better opportunities.

You can contact 30 people who would not talk to you in a bar and set up that exact scenario. Electronic speed-dating.

I am sure that there are relationship success stories.
I have mainly talked to guys who were not looking for that.

(There is also a local weekly paper with personals that shines a light in dark corners to see what comes out.)

That sounds horrible and exactly the opposite of what I am looking for in someone. I really am a one-man type of woman, and I am only interested in a one-woman type of man. I don't think that I would want to go through that other process.

It's not that they're "cheating" on the other people, after all it's just entry level dating, but it does have a sound basis because you're opening yourself up to meeting as many people as possible.

Really Ro, I think you're gonna get flooded at Match just like you got flooded here and it'll probably take a good deal of email chatting to narrow down some dates from that which would work for you. I'm not saying that's bad, it's not like you couldn't spend a half hour a day on it to see if anything comes of it, but you should probably hedge your bets by doing other things too.

I see. Thanks for the clarification, Mark.

I don't want to make meeting "Mr. Right" a mission of mine. I can be happy, either way. Generally speaking, I am not the kind of person who needs a relationship or needs to be in love in order to feel complete. It's just that I have so much love to give, and I feel as though I have nobody to give it to right now. (At least, not the right person.)

And I echo the sentiment here - if you have to go to match.com with your personality and looks, us common folk are screwed.
:S

If you're saying what I think you are (even jokingly) I kinda felt the same way before I tried it, i.e. that the only folks who would turn to match.com are the desparate ones, but I was wrong. It is useful as a filter, so a person doesn't have to waste their time with automatic deal-breakers. There are plenty of people on there who "check all the boxes" but who just seem tired of having to meet 50 people to find just one who piques their interest even a little. That's the way I approached it too, i.e. that it was unlikely I'd meet a fantastic woman on there, but that at least I'd be able to avoid those who I know immediately aren't my type, without having to get uncomfortable while telling them "Sorry, not interested." Rosa mentioned in a later post looking for "chemistry", and that will admittedly be tough to do in an electronic setting, but at least she'll be able to narrow the field and only look for it in men who she finds otherwise attractive.

What can I say...last night was your turn to drunkpost, and tonight's mine! :D

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

I guess Im just in shock you posted something this personal on here, people will see your name on the post you know :P It seem like you have a had a reversal on your privacy issues....congrads its nice to see you so open!:)
Beauty is only skin deep, but ugly goes clean to the bone!

I like to start my day off with a little Ray of Soulshine™!!

Haha...thank you! :)
I just really want to hear what people's experiences have been like using Match.com. I've hear good and bad things. I never thought that I would want to use a site like that, but I guess that I've become more curious about it, recently. You never know, until you try something, whether or not if may work out nicely.

Before you spend money, why not try a free site?

Because the members have nothing vested and therefore less interest in the outcome.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

Because the members have nothing vested and therefore less interest in the outcome.

Plus I'd wonder if they're cheapskates or unable to afford $20/month. :D

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

By that reasoning, prostitution would be preferable to dating.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

As with any online site, you must be VERY careful of who you meet, but this also goes with everyday life as well. I used match.com for a bit and met some nice people, no "matches"[:/] but also I met some not so nice people as well.

I also know first hand that some male predators thrive online. I had an ex that was like that[:/]

Just use it as another avenue to meet new people and don't put much stock in the "relationship" aspect of it. Be careful, but be open. There are lots of good people that just don't have the time to meet people in their everyday lives so they use online dating as another means to meet people.

Have fun with it, but just FYI......it can become a second job!!!! LOL.... and I have NO DOUBTS that you will get TONS of responses, so sifting thru them will be tedious;);)

Hugs

till later have fun & love each other seeya mb65johnny gates....
In skydiving, the only thing that stops you is the ground..............
PMS# 472 Muff #3863 TPM#95

Although I never used match, I did use another one, matchmaker. One thing I learned from the women I became friends with was to not post your picture.
It stood to reason that a lot of people would just look at the pictures and would try to contact the person based on how hot they looked. Few if any would even bother to read what was in the profiles to find out what was important to the person they were interested in meeting.

Have fun and good luck
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

I'd have to agree with one of the other posters eHarmony seems to me to be better then Match.com

they have a much more in depth process then match.com did... I did try match.com a couple of years ago and I did meet a girl but like your conserned about there wasn't any real chemistry between the two of us and it ultimately didn't work out... :|

I explored eHarmony earlier this year and it did seem more in depth... and a somewhat better appoach... I put the account on hold because I decided I didn't have the time to put towards it at the time... (still don't because of school...)

I hope this helps...
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

Weirdly enough, my dad met his new wife on a dating site and he is now very happy so it works for some!
I reckon you just have to be very careful deciding who genuinely would like a date and who just want........ something else
Never try to eat more than you can lift

Eh I refuse to pay a website for those kinds of services.
Especially when nothing is guaranteed, which they CAN't guarantee anything.
However plentyoffish.com is free and is a decent website IMO.
Though I've had no luck.
But Im just unattractive in so many ways.
It's hard to find a lady that like being spanked.
Umm I think I'll shut up now.
Plentyoffish.com
or collarme.com if your into that kind of stuff.

Jodans

I'm a nobody, nobody is perfect, therefore I'm perfect.

I've used match.com and matchmakers.com; didn't get much out of match, matchmakers (don't even know if they still exist) was better.

It was OK; you have an opportunity to do some screening -- you can find out if the other party can put together a complete sentence and discuss something other than NASCAR/beer/whatever. You can get a first hint if they're going to be freaked out about the skydiving thing.

One thing is that a number of guys will email every single woman who shows up; so right after you first get on there, you can expect a flood. You'll have to pick through that particular flood carefully, then you can go on to talk to real people.

I didn't meet any freaks; someone I dated for a few months, and someone else I could have but location was bad. I'd do it again if I were single. If you're careful about the pictures you put online, you can have some idea that they're not only after you because of your looks.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I find it hard to believe someone like yourself is having to go to a dating service.

What is this world comming to?

Is it that bad in that part of the states?

Maybe it's time to step back and reflect for a bit, helps a woman grow. Men to. Good luck.

Oh no pro's and cons. I think those sights are just for entertainment.

Aren't you having enough fun on DZ.COM?