sunshine

I'm in pain...help me

Sebby ~ I was not given any pain meds, they told me it would be sore today, but my god it's beyond sore.

Chaos ~ I know you went through waaaay worse with your jaw/teeth so if you say ibuprofen, i'll give that a go.

And of course thanks everyone else for the pervy answers, ya'll make me laugh. :)

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

yeah i'd say either ibuprofen or aleve - and if you can help it try to sleep a little upright for tonight so the blood doesnt put a lot pressure in your mouth... the first two days are the worst but it will get better pretty quickly - soft foods and lots of tlc - good luck :)

edited to add - if they gave you wax use it so your lip doesnt get chewed up
"life does throw curveballs sometimes but it doesn't mean we shouldn't still swing for the homerun" ~ me

Bottom braces hurt probably as much as a hemmoroid I had one time. I was packing and it hurt everytime I sat on my ass. When I went home and laid on wood I could feel it bleeding. I said laid on wood because I did not have bed just an air mattress on a wood frame and the air mattress deflated after it got a hole in it from a huge joint (cigar size) that I dropped on it.

Now I wake up with wood and I don't sleep on it.

B|

I got my bottom braces on yesterday and my jaw fuckin hurts. Can someone please please please make it all better? :(

You can take up to 800mg of ibuprofen 4X daily (may cause stomache problems) plus 1000mg of acetaminophen 4X daily (may cause liver problems especially if you also drink alcohol). If that combination isn't enough, you can smoke a little marijuanna and replace the acetaminophen with a opiate+APAP combination (they include the acetaminophen so recreational use is limited by liver damage)

Pain sucks.

My 10-year-old gets her braces off the day after her 10th birthday!

Pretty smiles are worth it!

Thank you. I was beginning to regret my decision to get braces, but now i'm thinking of how pretty my smile will be in 1.5 years.

Opiate = hydrocodone, oxycodone, codine, tramadol, morphine, etc.
APAP = acetaminophen

Vicodin and Lortab are hydrocodone + APAP.
Percocet is oxycodone + APAP

Umm....i actually have all these drugs except for Morphine. :D Not sure i wanna mix them though.

Doctors are responsible for their patients' pain management. Your orthodontist is a doctor, and has prescription-writing authority. Discuss your pain issues with him; he might give you a script for something more effective than over-the-counter. There's no reason why you should be left to manage pain on your own with nothing more than OTC's.