streaker

Most Memorable Skydives

:)
First Skydive - Tandem - Sky Van -WFFC Quincy - Thanks Bill!
Level 1 AFF Skydive - Otter -Skydive Carolina - Thanks Judy and Joey!
Coach Jump - PAC 750 - WFFC Rantoul - Thanks Mary!
Three way with Golden Knight - Casa - WFFC Rantoul - Thanks Steve and Bill
Two way - Helicopter - WFFC Rantoul - Thanks Paul!
Two way - Mullins King Air - WFFC - Rantoul - Thanks Steve!
Four way - DC9 - WFFC Rantoul - Thanks Steve, Steve and Tim! (Far and away my all time most memorable skydive).

Anyone else care to share some of their most memorable skydives?

Beautiful Landings!

Streaker
Have a yippee ki ya day!

i think there were 10 of us... attempting a "speedstar" i guess would be the best term for it, each person do a front flip on exit. I was first out, and the rest would make their way to me, well, i dropped frast, and had a backtrack going, so they all tried to catch me. instead of seeing one person at a time to connect to, i saw about 3 coming in at the same level, got a bit confused, saw one, started to go for that person, then realized it was the cameraman. haha. had some bumps and such, then broke off.. was a memerable/fun skydive. thanks to Elsinore's Excell that made it possible.
CLICK HERE! new blog posted 9/21/08
CSA #720

Jump #1: Tandem with Sean Maccormac
Jump #16: Running into runway
Jump #18: Running into a tree
Jump #36: Turning points with Tom Sr. in Z-hills!
Jump #37: Pink Mafia Skydive!!
Jump #55: Pitts Special acrobatics and jumping out!!
Jump #56: 4-way with Doug Park from deland magic and turning 12 points!!
Jump #58: Finally getting my SCR with Bill Newell!!!!!!!!!!
Jump #80: Fun 2 way with Kim!!!

PMS #449 TPM #80 Muff Brother #3860
SCR #14705 Dirty Sanchez #233

My all time favorite was a coach jump with Mark Guinto - "Shark" on here. The most memorable moment? Falling right over the I-15 and thinking to myself, "if I have a double mal, someone's in for a surprise" until I realized I should be a half mile west of the I-15.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

16-way, multi-Cessna formation load, honoring a club member. She is about to depart for the west coast.

Sunset. Balloon festival in the town just to the west. Balloons rising against the setting sun.

15-way built.

Guest of honor enters 16th, naked.

I wish I had video.

The first one, a Static Line jump (you know what they say, you never forget your first time).

The one that got me my A license.

The one where I got my first kiss pass (from livendive, no less, though I had to look at the video to realize I'd gotten it ... it was over pretty quick ;))

My first hybrid (three sub-100 jump wonders ... and we pulled it off!)

My various initiation jumps ... RB w/Bolas, PMS with Amazon, Muff Brothers with Mad John.

The one I got to do with mjosparky, especially glad I got the chance now that he claims he's "retired.";)

My two jungle gym jumps, with bbarnhouse using a two-way base as her own personal playground equipment.

My "milestone" jumps, my 100th at Perris and my 200th at Byron.

3ringheathen's ash dive, the sunset load on a beautiful July weekend near what would have been his 35th birthday. [:/]

A three-way tube with McBeth and monkycndo at LP last year ... memorable because we held it for a long time and because the only reason I let it go was because I had BOTH of monkycndo's flaps open in my face. :S

A great 9-way tube at the Eloy Boogie with a bunch of dot.commers and the incomparable Gasson on video.

They're all memorable in their own way, and there's others that I remember because they went awry, but I prefer to keep the happy ones in my thoughts.

Edit to add that interestingly, I looked back at this list and I remember them for the people and places, not the aircraft ... and I've been fortunate to be able to jump all different kinds of aircraft. Just goes to show you what really sticks in my memory. :)
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

First Jump: AFF
18th Jump: A license
19th Jump: Im a skydiver now!
49th Jump: Little cherokee pushing for time as the suns going down, pulled some points and managed to kick the token american in the head. good times!

People aint made of nothin' but water and shit.

Until morale improves, the beatings will continue.

Jump

9) First 5 way
60) First sucessful sit fly with Jeremy
200) First perfect dock in a sit fly with Lee in head down
201) First 12 way

Might not seem like a big deal to most but they were bad ass jumps!!!!B|B|B|
Some day I will have the best staff in the world!!!

My two jungle gym jumps, with bbarnhouse using a two-way base as her own personal playground equipment.

I feel honored to be in such exalted company.....jfields and I got used by her for two jumps in the same way. Is that girl amazing, or what ??

6 jumps with Eliana of Airspeed and katiebear.

Balloon jump with wingnut.

My first 7-way with Phree and Jess.

A sunset cross-country at Sebastian....exited a couple miles out to sea (having a major fear of sharks, I was soooooo happy when I cleared the beach !).

My first night jump.

The first time I broke 235 mph on a speed dive.

Don
"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."

Just Because
1st jump - Tandem - Kingair - Skydive Virginia

Mistakes I made
Dislocated toes - Around jump #300 - CSS
Broken Ankle - Around #500 -SDVA
Broken Foot - #700 - Skydive the Point

For my Heart
Patrick McNamara's Ashdive - This past Saturday - Skydive Virginia

In no particular order:

My first Bell 412 sunset jump (topless)
My first Muff Dive (er, also topless)
"Magic Carpet Ride" (Johnny Gates, organizer)
"Double Tube" (Tandem Terry, organizer)
My first high altitude w/my boyfriend Alan (thanks Mike Mullins)
A two-way with Alan with a rainbow in the sky
When Billy Weber taught me how to turn on my index finger as the axis
The "Millennium Jump" on New Years at midnight @ Gold Coast Skydivers (thanks Mike Igo)
A two-way with Chris Irwin at Titusville (—more points than I could count with vertical transitions, etc. I only had jumps in the low hundreds at the time.)
A bi-plane bandit jump over the ocean in Hawaii
The first time I flew a canopy through a cloud
The first time I was in a 4-way in a cloud
The fact that I actually survived several jumps with Peanut
And being flung like a booger out of the Jet.

God, I owe a lot of beer. :D

!
Dances
Muff Brother #2169

"You can take the girl out of the sky, but not the sky out of the girl!"

Coach Jump - PAC 750 - WFFC Rantoul - Thanks Mary!

Yeah baby, I made the list;) We even got a kiss pass on that jump:)
Let's not forget about how you scared the shit out of me when you did your hop n pop :ph34r:
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Couple months ago in Puerto Vallarta Mexico we skydive into the our good friend Marco's wedding reception by the beach we were 5 skydivers included him it was rainy, low ceiling we gave it a go, I got engage that night too. Marco described the jumps (2 actually) as EPIC JUMPS in Pto Vallarta by far the best jumps we had in many levels.

And Marco if you're reding this, we miss you, hope we get to jump before the Keys.

Later
http://web.mac.com/ac057a/iWeb/AC057A/H0M3.html

Here's one that sprang to mind...

It's a night jump in Lodi, CA around October, late 80s. The Twin Beech was flying, and there was 8 or so of us going up on the same load. There was a foot rail welded onto the outside of the door, to get floaters out. Me and a friend went out first and hung onto the foot rail while everyone climbed out for exit. There was a huge silver dollar moon over Lodi, with a thin cloud layer at about 6K. Huge blue flames (3 feet?) were shooting out of the engines. My friend and I were inside the laminar air flow under the plane, so we could hear each other woo-hooing, etc. It was spectacular.
We are all engines of karma

Probably the one jump that a lot of people remember me for would have to be the New Jersey 101 way state record in 1999 at Skydive Cross Keys. I went into my killer swoop from near the end of the line from the Casa, but came out of the track a tad too late, and ended up about 10 feet low on the rapidly building formation. I was lucky that my slot was on the end of an outer wacker but it was at 90 degrees from jump run direction so it would not be the last wacker to build. Well fuck... there I am straining to float back up and the formation's nearly complete for a few seconds. I got closer and closer to my wingman Chris Talbert (Golden Knights). So tantalizingly close, finally reached his arm! A scant 3 seconds later break-off was signalled. Back in the hangar watching the video, it was shown that I had closed the last grip and everybody's cheering and high fiving me, and one huge bastard plants a sloppy kiss on my mouth! :S :D And yes, that got on the state record videotape... :$

That's my most memorable jump, in addition to all the Deaf World Record jumps that I co-organized and completed with John Woo and Fred Goebel and all the rest.... :)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Let's not forget about how you scared the shit out of me when you did your hop n pop :ph34r:

Yea, isn't it amazing that that is one of yours and my most memorable "streaker" skydives, but it didn't even make his list!

Duh....the PAC 750 skydive was the hop and pop!!!

You gals must be gettin' old cause your memory seems to be failin'.

Mary the kiss pass was on one of our Otter jumps.

LOL to both you hotties!

Streaker.
Have a yippee ki ya day!

1st jump static line
1st delay
Last jump in ’77…realized I probably wouldn’t be able to handle EPs.
Tandem lost goggles
AFF 1…tip-toe stand-up
Jump 11 dock on 9 way with brother
Jump 71…organized GA state POPS record
Derek Thomas 13-pt 5-way
Derek Thomas 30th anniversary jump
1st tailgater jump
Beach jumps in FL keys and Destin
Kiss-pass from J. Schrimsher (thank God for full-faced helmets)
Kiss-pass on BlueSkySerenity
1st raft dive
Jumping on load for sister’s tandem
POPS record attempt with Scotty Carbone and Danny Page
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

My first tandem - my sister and I did them together for my 31st birthday.

Aff jump - D-arched, had a chaotic freefall, suffered
a panic attack after landing and went to ER

9th jump - hit my nose on step of C182 and bled
everywhere, first jump without radio and I still managed to land where I was supposed to.

New Years' Eve - First jumps with Walt Appel

My SCR jump - Took place at Skyfest with several
dz.commers!

First jump with Lindercles - My alti froze right before exit and I freaked, borrowed Walt's and left the plane with Lindercles. We nailed the exit and had a fantastic jump, but I had a look of sheer terror on my face the whole time. But it was all worth it to see him in Walt's RW suit.:P

CRW jumps - I will always remember the day I did my first CRW jumps. Falling in love sure is grand.

It's hard to pick just a few jumps, because this first year of skydiving has been incredible!
Mrs. WaltAppel

All things work together for good to them that love God...Romans 8:28