IMGR2

I downsized my home dz.

I spent the last several years of my skydiving career working and competing out of turbine dz's.
I am now calling home to a brand new cessna dz outside of Austin.
For years I could never figure out the fascination with a cessna dz.
Don't get me wrong I do miss the fast ride to altitude and the ability to take more than 5 people on a skydive with me but here's my story.
Last saturday we had a long and very busy day. Most everyone was too tired to go out and party.
Right then and there I found out how fun the small dz's are.
I invited everyone who was left at the dz after the sun went down to come to my house for dinner and a sleep over.
I tell you what, that is the most fun and the happiest I have been in years.

So here's to all you cessna dz's out there!:D

God love you...

I tell you what, that is the most fun and the happiest I have been in years.

You get it!

There's a reason why I jumped where I jump for so long when a turbine was such a short drive away. Now we've got a turbine, but I still look at that 182 with a loving heart and look forward to those sunset load clear and pulls from the 182. There is nothing else like it in the world.

:)
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

the best thing is a small dz with a caravan;)

we get our caravan from oct-may during the summer we go to cessna. Thats when I build up my credit at the dz from filming so I jump for free during the turbine season;)

now all you need is a tunnel by your dz. We have skills camps and tunnel camps and its small enough for eveyone to have fun yet big enough to have a crowd.;)
My photos

My Videos

I hear ya'!

My old home DZ was spoiled rotten on turbines and the 182 sat idle most of the time...I liked the old bird and never whined about climb rate on those few days when we jumped it.

One of the major things I regret is not getting to fly the old girl enough to properly learn 4-way exits out of her.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I trained at a Cessna dz and know exactly what you mean. While I love my home dz now (which has a PAC), I definately cherish my time with the C182 dz. If I hadn't moved, I would definately travel longer to jump the Cessna.
Mrs. WaltAppel

All things work together for good to them that love God...Romans 8:28

One of the major things I regret is not getting to fly the old girl enough to properly learn 4-way exits out of her.

:D:D I didn't manage to learn how to launch a 2-way exit out of it... :):$:D

but the look on your face when I jumped off without you was priceless... ;)
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

When in Florida go to Palatka.

Years ago I wandered in for the first time, trying to get a jump in before they closed for the day. I was working a gig in Jacksonville, and boogied down there as fast as I could, as they said the weather was good and they were jumping.

When I got there, they said I was too late; jumping was done, and they had put the 182 away.

They pulled it back out and the staff and I did a four-way. Gotta love em.

P.S. They also have a nice King Air the last I checked :ph34r:

When in Florida go to Palatka.

Years ago I wandered in for the first time, trying to get a jump in before they closed for the day. I was working a gig in Jacksonville, and boogied down there as fast as I could, as they said the weather was good and they were jumping.

When I got there, they said I was too late; jumping was done, and they had put the 182 away.

They pulled it back out and the staff and I did a four-way. Gotta love em.

P.S. They also have a nice King Air the last I checked :ph34r:

They have a Caravan and a 182 and yes, Palatka reminds me a lot of Rome...it's not just a business, but it's family. When you get on a plane and you look around at all those that are on it with you and you think to yourself...Yeah, I'm home...It's one of the biggest draws for me...to share that experience with family.

We jump a Beaver in winter. Great aircraft. Not bad rate ofclimb really and has a fun element about it that I can't put my finger on. Also it has a snug heater which is ideal for UK jumping!

I don't think that's a Beaver. It looks like a turbine powered Helio of some sort.

...I didn't manage to learn how to launch a 2-way exit out of it... :):$:D

but the look on your face when I jumped off without you was priceless... ;)

One of my most memorable moments!
I'll always cherish that jump, Scott.
You be 'da Man!
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

We have a very small DZ.... with a grass strip... the DZ office is in a converted 40' 18 wheel trailer... witha deck out front of it. We have two 10'x20/ tents we use for packing.... and we dont even have a Cessna. Its saving grace is that we have a firepit for a nice small campfire weekly.... and some pretty good scenery of the mountains the sound and the San Juan Islands.

OH YEAH......:$

We have to content ourselves with our poor little Pilatus Porter that hauls us up to 14k in 12 minutes.

Its a DZ that caters to EXPERIENCED jumpers... with the occasional Tandem that helps to pay the bills.

Pictures

http://nwskydivers.com

Definatley a beaver. I've had a LOt of fun playing with that plane :)
Here's a vido of me playing with it in my wing suit.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.showvids&friendID=54769790&n=2&MyToken=dd082425-5c2d-47be-ac6f-6d4340d290b4

Very cool pilot :)
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

Definatley a beaver. I've had a LOt of fun playing with that plane :)
Here's a vido of me playing with it in my wing suit.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.showvids&friendID=54769790&n=2&MyToken=dd082425-5c2d-47be-ac6f-6d4340d290b4

Very cool pilot :)

That is cool
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

They have a Caravan and a 182 and yes, Palatka reminds me a lot of Rome...it's not just a business, but it's family.

When did they get rid of the King Air? *snif :(* A while after Mike left, I s'pose?

Dances
Muff Brother #2169

"You can take the girl out of the sky, but not the sky out of the girl!"