Michele

My New Car (well, new to me...)

Sorry for the delay, but I have been tooling around Southern California for the last 2 days. Refilled the tank, and just kept driving. I have to get used to such a small car again. I've never had one this small, but hey, there's a first time for everything.

They were asking $34K. I got it for just under $25K ($24,780.52). I got my negotiation hat on, and went to work. At the end of the negotiations, I was offered a job closing deals, and we had an audience. Other people there were asking me to negotiate for them, too. LOL. For those in sales, it's ever so much fun to watch two good closers close each other...and for a sales person like me, it's even more fun to know when the other side let the one piece of information slip that made me the undisputed leader in the negotiations; I really enjoyed the whole experience, paid what I could afford, and got a sweet deal and a lovely, amazing car. Yes, I'm broke now, but hey...I was broke before. So that's nothing new.

So without further ado....presenting my '05 Honda.

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

:Dthe pic of that Gremlin cracks me up because when I was a teen..I remember walking to the beach and seeing one of those go by with a bumper sticker on the back that said

"HONK TO PASS...DEAF DRIVER" :D:ph34r::D

...best bumper sticker EVER IMO!:D

My trick is negotiation, know the product, and don't tell them the bottom line until they are close to it. When he ended up with cents on the figure, that's a big clue he's close to his "no deal" place. Also, realize that the resale price is not what they paid in trade-in value. That was my starting point, and the first step in researching...what did a dealer pay for this? And how much would be a fair profit for them, and still be feasible and reasonable for me? That's what I started with...and ended with.

Another trick is timing and knowing when to walk. And the last trick is never disagree with him, but don't take the deal until it's what you want. I told him he could sell it to someone else for about $30K...but that I really wanted it and thought we could work it out. And we managed to.

Fun, fun, fun. Also, that price was out the door; tax, license, all fees and et ceteras included. B|

Ciels-
Michele

I love your new car.

Oh my word, me too.

You just don't get into this car; you put it on, like an old pair of jeans, or like an attitude...it is something that you wear. And does it slide down the highway? Does it corner like nothing else I've ever driven? Does it accelerate like there is nothing else it would rather do? Oh my goodness, this car is amazing.

I can't find it's envelope. Not that I've tried really hard, but I just can't find it. I thought I was a great driver until I got onto Mulholland and Angeles Crest highways; twisty, turny, curvey and wild roads...and this car never once over/understeered, never slid, never even hinted at the least bit of difficulty, even when driving the curve at twice the posted speed limit (a few times I did that; scared myself, so backed off...).

This car is teaching me the finer points of driving, but at the same time, it's fine in the city. And like I said, I've got some learning to do...

I am loving this machine...incredibly designed, brilliant technology, and intense operation.

Ciels-
Michele

:Dthe pic of that Gremlin cracks me up because when I was a teen..I remember walking to the beach and seeing one of those go by with a bumper sticker on the back that said

"HONK TO PASS...DEAF DRIVER" :D:ph34r::D

...best bumper sticker EVER IMO!:D

We should get one those bumper stickers for Billy Vance...:P

Bisqit, I'd love to race, but this car is way above my current driving skills. It's such a sweet car that it doesn't misbehave like some cars will if you don't know how to drive them right...but I still wouldn't race it just yet. Catch me in a year, though...maybe we can play tag then.

Clay, this car really isn't a "live in"-able one...the trunk space is really limited, and it's a small car. But it suits me, and is perfect for this point in my life...so I got it. :$Besides, it's damned time I had a sexy car. Now, perhaps, I'll get a date. ROFL!

Squeak, it is flashier than most cars out there. I have to remember that people can hear me when the top is down and I'm singing away...

GravityMaster, I had such a scare today...going over Mulholland, a chopper buzzed me. I couldn't take my eyes off the road at that point (very twisty, turny, narrow road), and didn't know if it was a cop chopper or not...so when there wasn't a cop waiting for me on the other side of the canyon, I realized I wasn't being buzzed by a cop. I wasn't speeding, either...but still, reminded me that cops are lurking everywhere. And that is one reason I didn't get one in red or yellow. Aside from them looking too flashy (I like the silver; it really looks like liquid when it's moving), those colors draw far too much attention.

And I've got to say, Dad loves the car. He accompanied me on it's inaugural ride (200 miles round trip to a fantastic restaurant to celebrate), and we had the top down. God love that man; he was nodding and waving at everyone like it was the Easter Parade. Frank Sinatra on the CD (his favorite), and he and I were singing "Did It My Way" as we cruised up the coast. Yeah, Dad loves that car. Which makes it even more special.

Glad you all like it.:)
Ciels-
Michele

;)Explore the upper limits of the S2000 on the track.;)

Goto one of the SCCA drivers schools. The S2000 becomes a fierce racing machine when you hold it over 6000rpms thru the gears...

You shouldn't have any problems getting dates either.:$ Unless you're driving to fast!:D
"Buttons aren't toys." - Trillian
Ken

I'm so happy for you!!

Honda's rock...all of them...but the S2000 sizzles. Remember to be nice to it and rev that engine often, it's not going to enjoy living around town being short-shifted at 3-5000 rpm. Just be ready when the valve timing changes! >:(

B|
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Hondas are awesome cars, so have fun with it. Take your top off and just drive... I do it all the time with my Honda del Sol. :$ Although, in comparison, my del Sol has much more room than the S2000. I almost have a full-size trunk with storage bins behind the two seats, oh, and a glove box. You can stick alot of stuff in her... :o

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself