northern

The worst experience ever.....Aerodyne

I sent my vision down to Aerodyne in January to have a reline done. Aerodyne have some issues with there canopies on opening line twists and diving canopies. They were aware of this and said they could fix it. this is a line set issue.

I fly a camera and did not want to deal with this problem on top of all the other stuff I have to deal with.

It took them 5 months..,,...yes 5 months to do a line set and when I asked them to send the canopy this past wednesday air mail so I could jump it. what do they do????

these idiots send it ground and I will not see it for another 2 weeks.

This will bring the total time to almost 5 months 2 weeks for a line set.

like alot of other skydivers I do not have the luxury of a second rig or canopy so I have had to rent one from my DZ. extra money out of the pocket.

I talked to them over the last couple of months asking for a status report and I got lies. I was told your canopy is done and we are sending it back to you or we are waiting for the lines or let me get back to you.......That was 3 months ago.

If you are planing on buying any aerodyne product...I strongly not reccomend it. not because there products are bad...I like them, but because of the customer service.

I rate their customer service at an all time -10%.

They have dropped the ball badly and I feel the people that dropped it are the people that run this company.

I wonder if this was an isolated inncident or if this happens on a regular basis.

I will never buy another Aerodyne product as long as I live and if anyone asks I will be the first to tell you about the incompetence I feel for this company and how they treat there fellow skydivers.
change your break lines. for the love of your femurs.

for what its worth ive only experienced great customer service, both with my own rig and two complete aerodyne systems i look after for my club, they went out of their way to fix a problem we had on one of our rigs before a competition. your experience could have been a one off, but then so could mine...

Jeff

Being the first point of contact you had with Aerodyne in January I was at that point very confident that we were able to correct the line trim and have the canopy out to you within a few weeks.

You are correct in saying that we had dropped the ball on this, and thus you have been left feeling less than confidant in Aerodyne, and we do apologies for this. Over the last few months we have been sending all our repairs to our facility in DeLand, but as of Monday we have Patrick on board at the Tampa office who will be doing all the needed repairs and rigging, and this will ensure a quicker and more focus customer service level.

On a few occasions we had offered you a Demo canopy in the same size as the one you had sent us you had declined this offer.

Your canopy was shipped and labeled over night via UPS, the glitch in the shipping in from UPS and not us, and we have our shipping guy working on having that re-routed and in your hands as soon as possible. Once we have a feed back from UPS we will be getting in touch with an update for you.

Please feel free to contact me in this matter if you so wish.

Blue Skies
Karl Meyer
Sales Representative
Aerodyne Research
Office: 1 813 891 6300
www.flyaerodyne.com

sorry to hear about your bad experience, but i hope this wont lead you to believe that the customer service at aerodyne is anything but top notch. karl and bushman have been more than happy to assist me with whatever question ive had, and the folks at my dz who have demoed, bought, or had repairs done on their aerodyne stuff have been nothing but completely satisfied!
blues, my friend.

I wonder if this was an isolated inncident or if this happens on a regular basis.

I'm pretty sure its an isolated incident. I've had nothing but great experiences with Aerodyne over the past 11 years that I've jumped their Triathlons and the service they've given me when I sent them back for relines or repairs.

Kaerodyne, great post. Every company drops the ball once in a while. They can't be perfect all the time.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Why not take the demo canopy they offered?

Yeah, could have done that to begin with and be jumping the whole time, instead of coming on here and trashing them. :|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Yeah he could have taken the demo...but he didn't. It was up to him to decide. It doesn't change the fact that aerodyne dropped the ball.:S

In general I don't think it's a good idea for individuals to use dz.com to bash a company when they get mistreated, especially in an isolated but warranted case. Usually so many posters come to the aid of the company and bash the customer instead.B|

So far, this is the oldest I've ever been.

i have to agree with that he just gave his opinion on the service he had received and there may be reasons for the decline of a demo we are not aware off. perhaps he never expected it to take so long!. In saying that very few Companies have a 100% customer satisfaction, when they do drop the ball its interesting to see howany company including Aerodyne deal with the situation:|

Billy-Sonic Haggis Flickr-Fun

Yeah he could have taken the demo...but he didn't. It was up to him to decide. It doesn't change the fact that aerodyne dropped the ball.:S

They dropped the ball, but offered to mitigate the suffering with the demo. How much more can a company do? You have a failure in the process, you do the best you can for the customer now, and then figure out how to fix the process so it happens less in the future. If you're a canopy company, that means a loaner.

When I ordered my Smart a few years ago, it ended up taking 3 or 4 months to show. Apparently they got a large military order and filled it. Afterwards they realized it would have been better to spread the inventory to as many customers as possible. Live and learn.

Whether or not it was fair to trash the company here, not mentioning the demo offer is slimey. If there were valid reasons to pass, put them out there.

Jeff

Being the first point of contact you had with Aerodyne in January I was at that point very confident that we were able to correct the line trim and have the canopy out to you within a few weeks.

You are correct in saying that we had dropped the ball on this, and thus you have been left feeling less than confidant in Aerodyne, and we do apologies for this. Over the last few ......

This is a pretty classy response. No excuses, just attempting to make things right.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

:)

:( "these idiots send it ground and I will not see it for another 2 weeks."
===========================================================

Please keep the forum clean & do not call anyone by "names"

There are a lot of nice ways to deal with service - do it with the company & not on the forum.

Aerodyne have nice people which do a good job.

Yes, things might go different but no reason to use such manes.

I hope you will fix that on the forum.

Safe Jumps !!!

I have always had very good service from Aerodyne with only one exception, misrigged lines on a relined canopy, put in wrong sequence on one french link. Check yours carefully. I have owned several Triathlons and LOVE the fact that Aerodyne does upgrades on old canopies for really fair prices. They wont try to sell you a new canopy if yours if upgradeable to the latest configuration. I had the "Beef Mod" done and my old Tri flared MUCH better. Everyone screws up customer service sometime. At least they owned up to it and aplologized in a public forum.
2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Nice first post mate!!! Something Pincheck would do.

Aerodyne Give me the best customer service.. I am happy for this as I am able to pass this service along to my customers and that they are grateful for. Shame you were the one customer that Aerodyne may have messed up with..... It happens mate, no matter what you deal with. I am sure Karl and the crew did everything they could to fix the problem for you.

I edited this post because Pincheck AKA Bigways personal post basher has had another go at me as he does with all my posts.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

constructive Post Gary, what you forget to say you sell aerodynde products mate.

Usually so many posters come to the aid of the company and bash the customer instead.

Guess you where right mate, o and by the way I have 2 aerodyne products which i am happy Just incase anyone thinks i am bashing a company i just like to know about good/poor customer service than not.

Billy-Sonic Haggis Flickr-Fun

Thanks Pincheck for letting people know that.

I mentioned it in another thread so did not need to in this one. As most of my customers are dropzone.com users I dont feel the need to mention it mate. Thanks anyway though. All my customers are very happy with the service they have received and this is mainly due to the service I get from Aerodyne along with the other manufacturers I work with.

Notice i edited my last post for you;)

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Damn straight I will defend Aerodyne when a first time poster comes by and trashes them and airs his communication with Aerodyne in a publice forum. I am proud to stand up and defend Aerodyne.

I deal with the people at Aerodyne on a daily basis for the past 6 months and have had nothing but exceptional service.

Who cares if your post was first, this is not a pissing contest Willy.

I am standing up and defending Aerodyne, Whats your problem with that?

I never commented on the post you made before I joined the thread. Quite frankly, I have no idea what your problem is.... nor do I really care about what someone has to say to me when they bash all my posts.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

If the details are true, then he has EVERY SINGLE RIGHT to complain publicly. Since Mr Meyers conceded that the ball was dropped, it seems all the facts are true too. It doesnt matter what Aerodyne offered todo, the bottom line is 5 months is entirely way to long for this job, barring some very good reason. Even then. Also at what point was the loaner offered? After 2 months if the loaner was offered isnt that a little late? Regardless...

I would be willing to bet the underlying issue here is not "Aerodyne" itself but Aerodyne outsourcing its US side labor to Terry Pike.

We may be a family, but business is business. All businesses make mistakes too, but when the issue is brought to light, good customer service fixes the issues in a timely manner. That is hall mark of a *good* company - supporting there product. It should be noted too, that many of your experiences may also have been PRE Aerodyne departure, before everything was handed over to Mr Pike.

I know per BB policy, calling anyone names is a nono - but if someone had my canopy for 5 months todo an 1 day job, idiot would be the nicest of the words I muttered.

One more thing. I think everyone should check out the track record for RWS/UPT and PD for there customer service before deciding on buying any gear.

He does have every right to complain.

However Mistakes happen and for another skydiver to tell other skydivers to never purchase gear from a certain company in our community that strives to put out good products at affordable prices is very uncalled for. Sure he is pissed but to make an effort to stop others from ever buying from a company that make parachutes for us to jump is not a nice thing coming from someone in our community. For some reason it makes me think if we accept this sort of calling out from members of our community it makes me wonder if there are people out there who would accept "dont ever jump a such and such, cause someones died jumping that".. or dont ever jump at such and such dropzone cause the plane crashed and ppl died etc".

We are a community, yes these people are business people who make the parachutes but they are fellow skydivers who put their entire lives towards the research of making better parachute for us and keeping us alive while we use them. I am against anyone coming into these forums and bad mouthing any aspect of skydiving (apart skyride) when the people involved dedicate so much to this community..... In regards to Aerodyne, or UTP for that matter, Look at people like Karl and Egons who are or were always in a different part of the world.. yes promoting but also educating us on their products and our life saving devices. For any of these companies to make a balls up mistake, well it is acceptable for a business to make a mistake, we need to accept in life that shit happens, mistakes get made, things get lost.

Whenever someone has had a problem with any business in skydiving and someone has posted in these forums a rep from that company is always here to explain in detail exactly what happend and how they tried to resolve the issue. This shows how much these companies care about their customer service as well as us and as well as their products.

My hat goes off to anybody who works for any of the manufacturers in our sport as their jobs are not 9 to 5 they are 24/7 and i have never met one person from any of the manufacturers who has not dedicated their life to their job... the people who benefit from this are us as a community and for us to try and ruin any skydiving manufacturers (not that it will happen) or attempt to ruin them we should not accept this from them. This thread should be edited, the name calling and the never buy from this company should be deleted. He has every right to let us know how they fucked up but I dont think we should accept him trying to ruin a business in our sport.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

I agree with you Bigway, but it is our responsibility as informed consumers to take the information we are given and make our own decisions. We have to extract the good information and disregard the drama. He has the right to express his views. We have the right to hear them. We then should use our best judgement and move on from there.

Mr Meyers seems like a very helpful and forward man who was trying to help resolve the issue. But it seems the issue was out of his hands.

Here is my opinion, buy a Vector and PD canopies.

I am a distributor so would not be byast towards either of them in a public forum. I think the guys at both companies are excellent people and I have had the pleasure to meet people from both camps.

I also agree with you, ppl should make informed purchases and we should do without the drama.. such as what this guy has given us. He must think this is a soap opera or something.

In my opinion if you need anything from a manufacturer, go through a dealer, they will give better prices and they will deal with the drama. The manufacturer has far too much going on to give the service a good dealer can give. Yes I am a dealer but i thrive on giving great service as many dealers do.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

I would be willing to bet the underlying issue here is not "Aerodyne" itself but Aerodyne outsourcing its US side labor to Terry Pike.

Really? I would like to see you justify this one. Not only does AeroTech have one of the nicest facilities that I know of, it is very well run and the quality is first rate. Also since Terry has done work (outsourcing) for years for just about all of the manufactures in DeLand including RWS/UPT and PD that would mean that by your own flawed logic it would not be good to buy from them either.
Time and pressure will always show you who a person really is!