nigel99

How many people have 10 000 jumps or more?

In the May 2009 USPA Parachutist they awarded the 88th 10,000 jump wings. USPA has also awarded 54 11,000 jump, 48 12,000 jump and 20 14,000 jump awards in that issue.

that is interesting and lots of interesting replies it probably means that there are less than 1000 people world wide extrapolating from the USPA numbers. I am 100% certain that the jumps are genuine as he a genuine guy and it is me posting the question (not him posting pictures etc)
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

Canadians that I know of:
Rob Laidlaw
Niel Houston
Gerry Harper
Lyal Waddel
Aidan Walters
Tom McCarthy
Michel Lemay
Daniel Paquette

And maybe Gilles Leboeuf (he was in the 8 way team in 83 and is still very active, I'm just not sure of his numbers)
Remster

Canadians that I know of:
Rob Laidlaw
Niel Houston
Gerry Harper
Lyal Waddel
Aidan Walters
Tom McCarthy
Michel Lemay
Daniel Paquette

And maybe Gilles Leboeuf (he was in the 8 way team in 83 and is still very active, I'm just not sure of his numbers)

Add Doug Forth to the list of Canadians as well...

Major Dad
CSPA D-579

Bill is still behind Don on the most jumps list. Its only a few thousand jumps difference between them but Don is still in the lead.

probably then, I know bill doesn't jump that much anymore, well at least he didn't last year when i was there.

Does Don fly/own airplanes too? Bill still flys a shitload! and he runs in 110 degree heat over the tarmac to the fuelup, he is hardcore!
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

also there is Jay Stokes, I have no idea on his jump numbers but he did 640 in one day so he has to be over 10k I would guess.

Also I "heard" he will be trying to break his record at some point.
"Tell ya the truth, I don't think this is a brains kind of operation."

Don was flying half the loads when I was out there a few years ago. Don used to spend weekdays just cranking out as many hop and pops as they could do to keep his numbers growing. He flies a lot on the weekends and does tandems also.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

I think it's a battle between Don Kellner and Bill Dause.

Bill is behind the manifest mostly now. I think I saw him do only a handfull of jumps this last year. Surely he isn't on every load as he used to be years ago.
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

I am lucky to work with a couple of people with this sort of experience.

John Cook CI recently passed 10,000
Brett Newman approx 13,000 jumps, also Rigger par excellence
and Angela Heisler who is just a hundred or so jumps shy of 10,000 jumps. I wonder how many lovely ladies like this have reached that goal.
I like my canopy...

...it lets me down.

Darlene Kellner has 14000+, Cheryl Sterns has over 10000 also. The womens club of 10000+ jumps is a lot smaller then the mens group is.

Airspeed's page confirms what I suspected - Eliana Rodriguez has over 10,000.
http://mike.speedalbum.com/airspeed/page/team.html
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I guess Ed has over 10k then too! But I'm not sure it really counts since so many of them are using a training suit with wings to help him stay stable...;)

Less then half are with the training wing thingy :P

See you at the Challenge?
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

Darlene Kellner has 14000+, Cheryl Sterns has over 10000 also. The womens club of 10000+ jumps is a lot smaller then the mens group is

What's the statistics of the ladies?
How many have 10k+?
Whats the most jumps made by a girl?