DustyP

Steve Irwins Last Moments Caught On Tape.....

Yeah, Yeah I'm Sick........I Can't Help It!!........Blame My Mom & Pop's......

Has Anyone Seen The Video Yet??

I Know It's Out There.....But Where??

If You Know, Or If You Have Seen It....Let Me Know.....I Wanna See It!
Steve Irwin Was The Man!......I Figured He Would Have Been Eaten By A Big Ass Gator!! Never Thought It Would Have Ended This Way.......
R.I.P.
Steve

From what I've read, the video was given to the Australian authorities, and will probably be destroyed. Even if it was released, I wouldn't want to see it.

Smoking is a combination test for intelligence and resistance to marketing/peer pressure. All smokers have failed at least one of these.

I'm with you on that one. I know I wouldn't be able to resist if the temptation were offered, but if it's not, I'm fine with that, too.

Ditto... I would rather not watch it, but if it's out there, it would be hard not to...

I had to watch Nicholas Berg's decapitation video just because it was out there... made me sick... B|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Seriously, every since I heard there was video I've wanted to see it his last words were "Crikey, that's gonna leave a mark!" don't know why...

-Blind

Not likely... he was underwater. Likely died before they pulled him out... [:/]
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I'm with you on that one. I know I wouldn't be able to resist if the temptation were offered, but if it's not, I'm fine with that, too.

Ditto... I would rather not watch it, but if it's out there, it would be hard not to...

I had to watch Nicholas Berg's decapitation video just because it was out there... made me sick... B|

Yeah, I felt compelled to watch that one too... then I thought, what the fuck am I doing? why am I allowing that level of human depravity and evil into my consciousness? i don't think the human heart was meant to witness such atrocities. that's what PTSD is made of folks.

never again for me, not if i can help it anyway.

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

I am the same way. Fortunately, I successfully avoided that video. Then someone described the horrorrific vid to me and I can't even get THAT out of my head. Fucking glad I didn't watch it.
www.FourWheelerHB.com

To all of you who feel compelled to watch someone else's death on video..... I hope your death is never captured in this way. Imagine how your family would feel hearing/reading other people clamoring to watch the details of your death.

I am amazed at what people are not ashamed to admit.[:/]

Why would any of us be ashamed?? Have you never watched National Geographic?? Wild animals attacking other animals. …all caught on tape…Steve was in the Wild…. Just because he’s human doesn’t change the fact that his situation was “Survival of the Fittest.” Also, it has never crossed your mind, that he had a Television show! That was being video tapped! I can almost bet he was aware of the danger something may go wrong and be caught on tape!
Don’t be amazed at what people aren’t ashamed to admit.
Be amazed that there has only been 2 sting ray deaths ever recorded and one is on tape…..that’s amazing!

Actually I want to see it to find out what and why happened. I dive and want to understand what technical reason was there for the attack.

I suppose you all watch videos of people getting hurt while skydiving. Aside for the obvious carnage corner amusement, they do have an educational value
jraf

Me Jungleman! Me have large Babalui.
Muff #3275

I guess some people just don't have enough fucked up shit in their lives.:S
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

To all of you who feel compelled to watch someone else's death on video..... I hope your death is never captured in this way. Imagine how your family would feel hearing/reading other people clamoring to watch the details of your death.

How do you think First Responders, Journalists, Biologists, Surgeons, Documentary Film Directors, and PATHOLOGISTS get their information? For some reason, this subject has been 'taboo' and Irwin is being made a 'victim'. He was not a victim, he was an educator and IMO he told his crew to keep the cameras going in CASE something went wrong so somebody SOMEWHERE can spot the mistake.

I'm not calling YOU ignorant, but the unwillingess to LEARN something is the very definition of 'ignorant'. Let the film be shown to those that need to see it and learn. I'd watch it, just to see how it was filmed (my area of study).Now is THIS sick?

"...the Institutions, practices, apparatuses, beliefs and values, situations and events that impinge on this mortality provide the recurring focus for the great majority of documentaries whether they adopt a fatalistic, amerlioristic, or revolutionary argument about the ways in which our bodies and mortality are placed at risk.. This lends urgency to a catergoy of filmmaking that lacks the appeal to fantasy and imagination possessed by fiction..." ( Representing Reality, Nichols, B.. 1991, Indiana University Press, pg 111.

Do you have footage of your skydives?
~~April

Camelot II, the Electric Boogaloo!

How do you think First Responders, Journalists, Biologists, Surgeons, Documentary Film Directors, and PATHOLOGISTS get their information?

I'm not calling YOU ignorant, but the unwillingess to LEARN something is the very definition of 'ignorant'. Let the film be shown to those that need to see it and learn.

I believe you made my point for me. Unless I am mistaken, the people on this thread expressing a fascination with watching someone else's death do not fall in any of the categories you listed of people who need to know. Morbid curiosity is not an educational tool.

edited to add: But to tell you the truth, I think I was sounding a little self-righteous last night. And considering the irritation I've felt towards others' holier-than-thou attitudes, I should have just kept my mouth shut. So, carry on. Talk about what you like. I'll worry about my own 'issues'. :|

I believe you made my point for me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Where?
~ Morbid curiosity is not an educational tool.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
unless it can be used to avoid future injurie

edited to add: But to tell you the truth, I think I was sounding a little self-righteous last night. And considering the irritation I've felt towards others' holier-than-thou attitudes, I should have just kept my mouth shut. So, carry on. Talk about what you like. I'll worry about my own 'issues'.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
and I'll tell you the truth...we need to stop thining of our own comfort zones and focus on how this CAN be used positively. I'm sad he died, but we alll do, right?

But really...do you have your skydives filmed? If you think you will be exploited, stop--because I'm sure you've got family/friends/kids who love you too.~~~April

Camelot II, the Electric Boogaloo!