DustyP

Steve Irwins Last Moments Caught On Tape.....

April, I understand your point. And I don't disagree, when we can learn from tragedy, we need to do so and not avert our eyes.

But the guy last night admitted he just wanted to see it because he's sick.

That's what I commented on.

But I stand by my retraction. I'm gonna try and mind my own business fer awhile!!!

And to address your inquiry about the taping of my skydives....if something could be learned from them, then they should be available to be viewed by those who need to learn. But to show them like some kind of snuff film would hurt my family terribly, and I would hate to see that happen. Again, there's a difference between morbid curiosity and a genuine seeking of information that may save someone else's life someday.

Okey dokey? PM me if you want to talk about it more, I'm more than happy to discuss. I don't think there's a huge gap in our outlooks on the situation. Just semantics.:)

To all of you who feel compelled to watch someone else's death on video..... I hope your death is never captured in this way. Imagine how your family would feel hearing/reading other people clamoring to watch the details of your death.

I am amazed at what people are not ashamed to admit.[:/]

Many years ago I was in a situation where the police requested that I observed with them the video of a camera man who went in high speed with a main/reserve entanglement. I was able to observe a sequence of events that led to the malfunction and we learned something to hopefully help others. We erased the video when we were done. However I had bad dreams for a long while afterward. I wish I had never seen it. It was probably too close to home since I was a skydiver but ever since then I have had no interest in watching videos of anyone getting killed.

April, I understand your point. And I don't disagree, when we can learn from tragedy, we need to do so and not avert our eyes.

But the guy last night admitted he just wanted to see it because he's sick.

That's what I commented on.

But I stand by my retraction. I'm gonna try and mind my own business fer awhile!!!

And to address your inquiry about the taping of my skydives....if something could be learned from them, then they should be available to be viewed by those who need to learn. But to show them like some kind of snuff film would hurt my family terribly, and I would hate to see that happen. Again, there's a difference between morbid curiosity and a genuine seeking of information that may save someone else's life someday.

Okey dokey? PM me if you want to talk about it more, I'm more than happy to discuss. I don't think there's a huge gap in our outlooks on the situation. Just semantics.:)

I understand you now,and I'll pm in the morning. ~~April

Camelot II, the Electric Boogaloo!

Steve was a top man.He made millions from titillating us with his flirtaitions with death,don't deny us the money shot,I'm sure Steve wouldn't have minded,it's not as if he had his face bitten off or suffered.Deep down,i'm sure most people ,if truthfull would admit they'd like a sneaky peek,and why not ? it's called curiosity.Anyone who doesn't have that little itch,imo is probably a boring old fart.
Long live The Crock hunter.:D
If theirs a hell bellow,
We're all gonna go.

To all of you who feel compelled to watch someone else's death on video..... I hope your death is never captured in this way. Imagine how your family would feel hearing/reading other people clamoring to watch the details of your death.

I am amazed at what people are not ashamed to admit.[:/]

Many years ago I was in a situation where the police requested that I observed with them the video of a camera man who went in high speed with a main/reserve entanglement. I was able to observe a sequence of events that led to the malfunction and we learned something to hopefully help others. We erased the video when we were done. However I had bad dreams for a long while afterward. I wish I had never seen it. It was probably too close to home since I was a skydiver but ever since then I have had no interest in watching videos of anyone getting killed.

Yup...!

A long time ago I was ground crew for a BASE jump that went bad, fatality bad.

Before anyone else arrived, it was decided amongst us all, to destroy any film and video of the event, right then and there.

I have been asked more than A few few times if I still think that was the right thing to do...and unquestionable it was.

Out of respect for both the dead AND the living.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~