micro

Best Live Album

My bias for Frampton Comes Alive probably comes from the fact that I was 13 or 14 when it came out, and I thought he was sooooo cute!! :$ But I still love it! I was also a big Journey fan as a teenager, even though all the "purists" would remind me that they used to be so much better before they got all commercialized!

The best I ever heard was a Zepellin bootleg: "Live at Blueberry Hill." It was recorded at the Forum, I think in 1970 or 1971. Raw, powerful, great! My favorite was the medley of Communication Breakdown, Good Times Bad Times and For What it's Worth. The rest of it just kicked ass.

And for another GREAT live album - sort of musical comedy, check out The Mothers live at Fillmore East. Rock Comedy Opera at the Greatest - the whole show is about musicians trying to get sex from groupies, but the groupies would only have sex with a guy in a band with a hit single and a big dick. The song "Bwana Dick" is about one of them trying to convince the girls he is indeed hung. "I've got the thing you need, I am endowed beyond your wildest
Clearasil-spattered fantasies..."

A classic and extremely underrated album. Frank Zappa was a genius.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

The best I ever heard was a Zepellin bootleg: "Live at Blueberry Hill." It was recorded at the Forum, I think in 1970 or 1971. Raw, powerful, great! My favorite was the medley of Communication Breakdown, Good Times Bad Times and For What it's Worth. The rest of it just kicked ass.

And for another GREAT live album - sort of musical comedy, check out The Mothers live at Fillmore East. Rock Comedy Opera at the Greatest - the whole show is about musicians trying to get sex from groupies, but the groupies would only have sex with a guy in a band with a hit single and a big dick. The song "Bwana Dick" is about one of them trying to convince the girls he is indeed hung. "I've got the thing you need, I am endowed beyond your wildest
Clearasil-spattered fantasies..."

A classic and extremely underrated album. Frank Zappa was a genius.

OMG, hilarious... I bet Border's doesn't carry it though... :D

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

In addition to several already mentioned (Cheap Trick, Social D) I'd have to add Bodeans Joe Dirt Car.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

In addition to several already mentioned (Cheap Trick, Social D) I'd have to add Bodeans Joe Dirt Car.

Hey, I saw supersuckers CDs in Best Buy in (oh fuck, where was I yesterday..............................................) Fort Wayne! They had a handful of copies! Made me think warm thoughts of you!

Motherfuckers be trippin!

Funny thing is they had a "Parental Advisory" sticker on the CD cover that warned of "explicit album cover language" but didn't cover the album cover language! :S:D:D:D

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

Oh yeah! Must've Been Live is a great album, too.

There's certain bands (often my favorites) that just don't have the same impact in studio recordings. Supersuckers are definitely in that group.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

My vote currently (and for a long time) is Pink Floyd's Delicate Sound of Thunder.

What's yours?

Pink Floyd's Delicate Sound of Thunder
U2s Under a Blood Red Sky

Be careful your agreeing with mike!
Iron maiden LIVE AFTER DEATH also somewhere in time was pretty good..Fuck it all their albums were good.
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

Hey, I saw supersuckers CDs in Best Buy in (oh fuck, where was I yesterday..............................................) Fort Wayne! T

Supersuckers got a live CD out from some bar back in Michigan, I think it was. Picked it up the other day, pretty good stuff. I'm with you on the Mothers. Saw them a couple of times as a teenager. What a great, tight band, and Frank was funny as hell. Hard to pick a favorite, but Who, Live at Leeds was one of my favorite live albums. Saw them a couple of times, too. Blame 80% of my hearing loss on those 2 shows.:D

Ooh, just thought of another one that I really like ... Together In Concert Live by Tim Finn, Bic Runga, and Dave Dobbyn. Discovered that one when the bus driver played it on our long bus ride out to Milford Sound in New Zealand. I picked up the CD as soon as I was back in Auckland. Good stuff... makes you wish more of the Kiwi music made it out of the country.