warpedskydiver

Foods I never want to eat again

I make my gumbo with file (pronounced Fee-Lay)powder instead. I think that's ground sassafras leaves? A long time ago, I joined my then boyfriend when he had to go to New Orleans for a week long "business" trip. The company lined up activities for the "wives", and the only one I went to was a half day cooking class. (My BF and I were the youngest in the group by far at the time, and the other activities just weren't for me!) We made gumbo, jambalaya, pralines and bread pudding. On the rare occasion that I'll make Gumbo, that's still the recipe I use.

The pralines (with pecans) were the one thing I couldn't duplicate once I got home. :S
The bread pudding is pretty easy, the Gumbo takes some time to do right and the Jambalaya is somewhere in between!

Thanks for backing me up about the file! I had to share the whole cooking class story so "Warped" wouldn't try to come back and say it wasn't "real" gumbo!

I make my gumbo with file (pronounced Fee-Lay)powder instead. I think that's ground sassafras leaves? A long time ago, I joined my then boyfriend when he had to go to New Orleans for a week long "business" trip. The company lined up activities for the "wives", and the only one I went to was a half day cooking class. (My BF and I were the youngest in the group by far at the time, and the other activities just weren't for me!) We made gumbo, jambalaya, pralines and bread pudding. On the rare occasion that I'll make Gumbo, that's still the recipe I use.

I use both Okra and File Powder

Firstly, can I have yours and mnealtx's lima beans? :)
1. Brussel Sprouts (or any version of cabbage)
2. Liver (cooked any way)
3. Okra (cooked any way)
4. Fresh tomatoes (but I'll eat the processed sauces, etc.)
5. Sushi
6. Escargot
7. Buffalo Wings (except the boneless kind)
Nina

Are we called "DAWGs" because we stick our noses up people's butts? (RIP Buzz)
Yep, you're a postwhore-billyvance

Two things I will NOT touch or even allow inside my house when I'm home:

Stewed okra and chicken livers.

My parents loved stewed okra and learned on day 1 (because I puked at the table) that if they were going to have it they would warn me so I could go eat at my friends' houses.

My ex loved chicken livers but was only allowed to eat them when I was off on a business trip.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Firstly, can I have yours and mnealtx's lima beans? :)
1. Brussel Sprouts (or any version of cabbage)
2. Liver (cooked any way)
3. Okra (cooked any way)
4. Fresh tomatoes (but I'll eat the processed sauces, etc.)
5. Sushi
6. Escargot
7. Buffalo Wings (except the boneless kind)

It's a deal! as I love all those foods:)

How can anybody not like snails, Week old snails in a spicy sauce, Thats just heaven.

(Puking emoticon here!) I promise all the snails that they are perfectly safe out in my garden! ;)

Oh yeah...tripe. Nasty stuff. It's in potted meat. Won't be eating THAT either! B|
Nina

Are we called "DAWGs" because we stick our noses up people's butts? (RIP Buzz)
Yep, you're a postwhore-billyvance

-offal
-anything out of a can (unless we are at war or there is a pandemic and there is nothing else to eat :|)
-beans (see above for last resort) oh yeah, in case of me eating beans you may want to find another fallout shelter:|
-raw oysters or cherrystone clams

I'm sure there are many other things I have no intention of eating or trying, ever.

"I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food."