Muenkel

Who was your 1st friend on dz.com that you didn't know in person?

OMG!!!!
She Finally admits it!!

Ill be in GA soon, beware mister.... remember I attack you every time I see you.... this time it will be harder.

Tease . . . you know he likes it rough!
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Tease . . . you know he likes it rough!

Coming from someone who's first dz.com friend was Slappie...:|

:P

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Chris, this has been a good thread for me to remember my friends I've made here. Michele was also among the first and continues to be very dear. Later, but no less dear was Sudsy. There are just so many. Recent ones of note, Boinky, Walt (who I've met, but still deserve mention), and Sartre.

This has been a great place.

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...

If I recall correctly, a guy named DZBone, who is such a dear, was my first "friend" here. 'Course, Da Bytch was there too, and HH...I think it was my third post that I wrote about my AFF cutaway, and from that post, I made tons and tons of friends, all who reached out and helped me get back into the sky and worked diligently to help me get my fear under control. Sudsy and I were on the same plane a few times for AFF, too...but I met him in real life before he started posting.

Quade made a point to come find me shortly after, and sat with me explaining, in detail, why birds don't crash, and comparing it to canopy flight. That one lesson taught me so much about how to handle landing (although I still crash regularly) and showed me a side to skydiving that I wasn't really aware of 'til then - the camraderie and the willingness to help new kids.

Then there was Sinister69 and a few others, who've since left the sport. They hold a fond place in my heart, as well.

Over the years, I've met some amazing and wonderful people including, but not limited to, Sparky, Micro/Sinker, Muenkel, Nightengale, and ever so many others. These are people I know I can count on when the chips are down, and who hopefully realize that they can count on me for the same.

And there are still SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many people I want to meet. 'Til then, we'll just trade posts and pm's...

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

The first person I made contact with through the dz.com site was Ms. Lisa Skybytch. I saw a post that she had started jumping in Paso and asked her via pm if she knew Josh G. a rigger at my home DZ at the time who spoke of Paso often. For some unknown reason I felt like we where firends right away even though we did not meet for a while just because of our mutual friends. The first Paso Boogie happened not too long after. ;) Then I think my second friend I met online before meeting him was the Lumster. Mr. Lummy, I and many others screwed around online quite a bit until I finaly met Lummy in Lodi at a Kathy Dause boogie. And then the next person that I became friends with on this site before actually meeting them was Mr. NWS01, Chromeboy, Ashtanga... I have made so many friends and have many more to make in this cult sport that I have a hard time keeping track if they post or not will or wont... :D:S:D... Crap I almost forgot to mention our very lovely Ms. BetsyBarnhouse... friends on-line then we had a very hot first encounter in Perris that was very grrrrr baby ;);)

Hmmm.... I think one of the first DZ.commers I met that I didn't already know in person was SkyDaemon. We started chatting via PM after 3ringheathen's death and met up at his memorial service. [:/] Hell of a place to make a new friend, but I did.

Not long after that I went on a road trip with livendive and D22369... that was my first moment of pure dropzone.com insanity... "Hey, I know these guys from online, I'm sure it'll be just fine if I go on a 15-hour road trip with them!"

Strangely enough, it totally was. :D:D:D

That road trip introduced me to a lot of DZ.commers, and it just kept going from there as I've now turned into a regular DZ vagabond and I've visited about 20 DZs and met DZ.commers at every single one of them. :)
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I guess the first person from here I had contact with was SkyBytch.. and not just because she banned me once.....that was AFTER I had bought a reserve from her... and after I had flown it once;)

Since then I have met MANY of you and I have yet to have a bad experience in meeitng any one from DIZZY DOT COM.... even though there are a couple of guys who WILL get the ole beer down the plumbers crack at some point:D

MikeD10270 and Freaksis helped me out A TON when I was a student.

First ones I met in person were DivaDiver, Mouth, and Pyke, followed closely by Chuck and Andrea.

Met Phree, Jess, and Wildblue at Greene once on my way to Michigan. So far, Seth has been my biggest disappointment as far as DZ.commers I'd like to meet. He's much funnier on-line.....he doesn't have a quick-enough wit to be humorous in person.

Almost met Remi at Eloy, but luckily I saw him coming and had time to duck behind the packing tent. :P

Don
"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."

First DZ.commer I "Met" before I was a dot commer, Aggiedave - it is his fault that I am here today.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Recent ones of note, Boinky, Walt (who I've met, but still deserve mention), and Sartre.

Thanks for the mention, dick!

:P

Aw fuck, I knew I was forgetting someone of GREAT importance! Christ on Crutches, porcus sum, I'm such a pig! Porcissimus, the biggest of pigs!

Sorry man. :( Mea Maxima Culpa! I'm going to go sever my tongue and mail it to you in reparation.

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...