bigway

Where do you come from?

i find this interesting. It is down to 59% americans and i am sure there are many more people from all over the word to check in.

I never understood why only people from the U.S. referred to themselves as Americans. Shouldn't it be anyone from North, Central and South America is an American?

Chris

That caue they use guns in the process. They have been warned not to speak.:o

Look at that, the brits have their own yardhippie.

Bigway...single-handedly destroying all "Queen's English" arguments one grammar error at a time. :D

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

I never understood why only people from the U.S. referred to themselves as Americans. Shouldn't it be anyone from North, Central and South America is an American?

I always thought it was because it's part of our name...

The United States of America... Americans

Canada... Canadians

Mexico... Mexicans

Panama... Panamanians

Colombia... Colombians
What do you call a beautiful, sunny day that comes after two cloudy, rainy
ones? -- Monday.

Do you know where Pochefstroom is??

I have some fond memories of the Potch dam. Come to think of it, those may be the only vague recollections I have of that fine establishment. Unsavory characters that we were. It's all her fault. ;)
Safe swoops
Sangiro

Hmmm...maybe Americans who live outside of Texas and don't like President Bush are trying to distance themselves from his home state.

Bush was not born,nor did he go to school in Texas.He was born in Connecticut and went to a prep school in Massachusetts,then later on to Yale and Harvard.Bush Sr. wasnt from TX either.

They are what we call "transplant Texans".They come here from elsewhere and like to call themselves Texans.As for that little "ranch" he has in Crawford..its a joke.My family has a ranch and 27 horses.If Bush had to get up and spend 1 day doing the things it really takes to run a ranch....feeding and grooming and farriering the horses,tractor work,fixing fence,building a barn single-handedly,pitching hay,helping mares foal (give birth) riding a horse for hours (and not for pleasure trail rides either) etc.....Bush wouldnt last through noon.

Trust me,there are plenty of people in TX who dont like him either.I will say, he was an ok govenor,here. But he should have stopped at govenor and left the presidency to others.

As for me,I'm a native Texan.I was born and raised here.I've never lived outside the TX state lines nor do I plan on doing so.I would love to travel all over the world if I could,but TX will always be my home.

"...just an earthbound misfit, I."