matt1215

Weekend Numbers, 21-22 Oct 2006

0:3:0

managed to get in 3 jumps yesterday... a 2-way RW (the crowd was sort of sparce)

I was invited to jump with a tandem w/video (Phreezone) and shot some outside video...

Then did a tandem lurk where I was almost close enough to take grips... B|

It rained today and invited some friends of mine to get some dinner this evening but I guess they had too much to eat for lunch and would rather not...

so... I'm going to go out and get something to eat... and have my usual quiet evening at home...
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

Thermal inversion layer my ass:4:0

Co-pilot said there was a thermal inversion layer keeping it warm at altitude. BULLSHIT! :D 53 on the ground was a nice toasty sub zero at altitude. The heat in the Otter was nice though. 3 tandem videos and a hop and pop.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

B| (not me):3:0

Saw an AFF Level-1 student not flair (or properly) and crash...looks like two broken ankles. A level-1 student before his load had pretty much a perfect landing. Poor guy.

3 jumps. Compared to last weekend, it seems like my flying skills have detierorated. At least next time, I will get to fly an in trim freshly lined canopy - whoohoo!

0:1:0

Did 1 jump at Bridge Day. What an event! I can't believe how many people were there! The weekend was awesome, and I can't wait 'til next year! B|:)
Oh, and no beer owed, because they don't do that in BASE. And I ain't sayin' that gosh darn f-word. :P

Thermal inversion layer my ass:4:0

Co-pilot said there was a thermal inversion layer keeping it warm at altitude. BULLSHIT! :D 53 on the ground was a nice toasty sub zero at altitude. The heat in the Otter was nice though. 3 tandem videos and a hop and pop.

Ha...try 32 degrees farenheit today when we started.

Cheers,
Travis

:Dwell duh!:1:1

Married to Vskydiver

One jump from a BE36 Bonanza, 7500 feet in Idaho.

And I owe beer for . . . . .

An aerobatic ride in a P-51 Mustang! My wife arranged it for me to go with a friend of her parents. What a great guy and a great pilot. It was my first time in a Mustang and my first time doing aerobatics (other than rolling in a Twin Beech, but we won't talk about that one;)) All in all a pretty excellent weekend. B|B|B|B|

B|:5:1

3 x Solo Canopy control jumps
1 x fun 4 way with a pool noodle.. :ph34r:
1 x 5way freefly train

Forgot my helmet in the packing area on jump 2. Had to radio manifest from boarding to have it driven out. Cost me beer.

JC

If you woke up breathing, congratulations!
You get another chance.

0:4:0

Zip, nadda, nothing, which is becoming common practice: :S
4 cool jumps on my friends Velo's (90 and 84) and an unintentional night dive for my friends 5000th skydive where we did a 4 pointer 7 way (5;star;right donut;left donut) to mark the occassion! B|
:|
Winds were howling though!!

I think true friendship is under-rated

Twitter: @Dreamskygirlsa