RkyMtnHigh

Point Break..give me a break!

It's sort of a rite of passage for new jumpers. At some point, every new jumper has to say "Point Break is so fake! Like they could really freefall for four minutes." The good news there is that the first time they say that . . . well, you know the rest.

Yeah, i guess you're right. As always i can count on bill to come along and put it in perspective. :)

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

>BTW, is anyone else getting tired of the same stupid conversations
>about point break, dropzone, and cutaway?

It's sort of a rite of passage for new jumpers. At some point, every new jumper has to say "Point Break is so fake! Like they could really freefall for four minutes." The good news there is that the first time they say that . . . well, you know the rest.

GOOD POINT..I noticed that one too..Freefall was really long! Don't you remember how exciting it was to be "new" at this? or have you forgotten?:P

Ive been known to be heard by the people on the ground while I am hooting and hollering in freefall!

I did a solo tracking dive once(no one else was at the dz)
as soon as I got out I yelled....SSSKKYYYDDDIIIVVVNNNGG MMMAAKKEESSS MEEEEEE HOOORRRRNNNYYY!!!

when I landed the ground walkers ask
"what did you yell? we heard something about Skydiving and horny?" LOL

THAT'S GREAT! so, you better watch what you yell up there!;)

NOT AT ALL!!!! now I yell all kindsa silly things for that reason alone!:ph34r:
My photos

My Videos

Exactly,
However what they don't show you is the fact that the helicopter flying next to the Otter (yes an otter see the side of the door jam) blanked over to the right in order for the camera man to get a better shot at they exited and fell toward earth.
The Helicopter's rotor whacked off approximately 7 feet of the Otter's stabilizer.
On board the Otter was a asst. director and 2 production/make up people whom had never made a skydive prior to the pilot ordering them out of the plane.
Both aircraft crash landed and the pilots walked away from them.

I heard the story first hand from the Pilot of the otter, Van at Skydive California City.

The Following Links Courtesy of Diverdriver

DHC-6 Non-Fatal Mid-Air California City, CA August 22, 1990
http://www.ntsb.gov/ntsb/brief.asp?ev_id=20001212X24061&key=2

Bell 206 Non-Fatal California City, CA August 22, 1990
http://www.ntsb.gov/ntsb/brief.asp?ev_id=20001212X24061&key=1

Nick

Nick D

The key to Immortality is- first living a life worth remembering”

>Don't you remember how exciting it was to be "new" at this? or have you forgotten?

Not only that, I can remember saying exactly the same thing about Point Break. And how we all went to see Drop Zone, and got together in a restaraunt afterwards to bitch about it.

Sunny you KNOW you had the same questions when you were a newbie. it may get old to look at but you gotta understand that they havent seen this topic like we have. Patience sunny one!;) you were that person at one point, too
My photos

My Videos

Actually I think it's kind of cool that you're showing so much enthusiasm for this sport (or should I say life style). Keep up the good work and we'll see you at the DZ very soon. Weather permitting, I will be in Brush next weekend, but I'll be back at Mile-Hi before you know it and we'll have to introduce ourselves to each other. B|

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Sunny you KNOW you had the same questions when you were a newbie. it may get old to look at but you gotta understand that they havent seen this topic like we have. Patience sunny one! you were that person at one point, too

Actually i wasn't. When i first got on dzcom, i spent a few months mainly reading and hardly posting.

actually the rerason I yelled that in the first place is B/C the ground crew asked If I was yelling up there (the previous week)
I wass just "WHOOO HOOO" ing I wanted to see if they could understand me!B|

THAT'S TOO FUNNY!:P

LOL yes but when you 1st got on dz.com there were only 9 of us! you could read every thread and not miss a beat

ROFL. You are sooo right. Ok, i'm off to my class now. It's called Patience 101. :)

Actually I think it's kind of cool that you're showing so much enthusiasm for this sport (or should I say life style). Keep up the good work and we'll see you at the DZ very soon. Weather permitting, I will be in Brush next weekend, but I'll be back at Mile-Hi before you know it and we'll have to introduce ourselves to each other. B|

I'm planning on MileHi on Sunday..I'm in Salt Lake for work Friday and Saturday..arrgh!;)

I was on a 10 way round about 12 years ago. We had high grips, the person to my right looked over and chuckled quietly.

It must have traveled right down the burble of our arms and right into my hear. Clear as can be.

Also, I've talked back and forth a couple times during 2 way horny gorillas (sit fly foot dock but lay back more).

Sound travels in compression waves through the fluid (air), so the issue is there a big enough burble that the sounds travel to you vs getting "blown" away in the fall.

Very freaky.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

at our dz we has an instructor that yell so loud to the SL students(in the plane 3300ft up),that i get scared on the ground..
if i ever are a passenger in that plane(C-182t)ill kick out the window and jump as i will belive the plane is about to crach...:ph34r::D

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

at our dz we has an instructor that yell so loud to the SL students(in the plane 3300ft up),that i get scared on the ground..
if i ever are a passenger in that plane(C-182t)ill kick out the window and jump as i will belive the plane is about to crach...:ph34r::D

LOL! Fun-ny!:P

Any one played the video Game "Enter the Matrix" yet?

hehe, There are a couple skydive scenes... they look pretty good except for the fact that she's talking on a cell phone in one of 'em. :S

I've had convos in freefall. A group in head-down, holding a flower... can hoot and holler at eachother quite understandably.... I wouldn't go and throw away all your hand signals though.

My Karma ran over my Dogma!!!

Hey anyone see Point Break lately? I watched it again last night and want to know how many people really have conversations in freefall? and..towards the end, when Swayze and Reeves went "ka-plunk", that was a "yeah right" moment when Swayze gets up and walks off (without so much as a limp?) to the Jeep and drives off.
Just thinking outloud...:S

Point Break is like the bible for my religion. It is the scripture and dogma that I base my entire belief structure on. Everything in that movie actually happened.

The reason why Bodhi was able to walk away from the last landing, was that he did a good PLF. Johnny Utah never had a proper first jump course, so he did not know how to PLF. In addition to Johnnies poor training, he had blown out his knee playing for the ohio state buckeyes (#9).

Please people, if Jesus can rise from the dead, surely Bodhi and Johnny can speak to each other in freefall. Also, prophets can bend the time space continuum to allow for longer freefalls.

But it's still fun to watch the movie. and the jump itself and the scenary where they jumped is beautiful.

Did you ever see "Spy Hard" with Leslie Nielsen, spoofing spy movies. It shows him in a parachure rig, under canopy, pouring himself a brandy into a large brandy snifter. Just a great scene.

Point Break is cool and I had been skydiving about 4 months before I remembered that scene......But, No one even mentions the James Bond flick Moonraker and the opening scene! The first time I saw that (I was 9 I think) I wanted to skydive. That was badass........The guy in the suit tracking towards Jaws!............anyone know who that skydiver/actor/stuntman was?:P

"Some call it heavenly in it's brilliance,
others mean and rueful of the western dream"

Hey anyone see Point Break lately? I watched it again last night and want to know how many people really have conversations in freefall? and..towards the end, when Swayze and Reeves went "ka-plunk", that was a "yeah right" moment when Swayze gets up and walks off (without so much as a limp?) to the Jeep and drives off.
Just thinking outloud...:S

Point Break is like the bible for my religion. It is the scripture and dogma that I base my entire belief structure on. Everything in that movie actually happened.

The reason why Bodhi was able to walk away from the last landing, was that he did a good PLF. Johnny Utah never had a proper first jump course, so he did not know how to PLF. In addition to Johnnies poor training, he had blown out his knee playing for the ohio state buckeyes (#9).

Please people, if Jesus can rise from the dead, surely Bodhi and Johnny can speak to each other in freefall. Also, prophets can bend the time space continuum to allow for longer freefalls.

Yea, Bodhi is bad ass............the only thing that could have gotten him was the last big wave.....and even that we are not sure of!;)

"Some call it heavenly in it's brilliance,
others mean and rueful of the western dream"