swedishcelt

weekday partying....

In a regular condo, is it okay??? I mean, would you bitch about it if it was on a weekday? They are so fn loud it's like a frat. party up there or something...

they do this other days too, not just Thursdays...[:/]

I want to complain to my landlord but need to do a bitchitude check... on the bitchometer scale... if asking them nicely doesn't phase them... [they sort of threatened me a little last time] would you ignore it or say something... I get up at 5am and it's an EXPENSIVE condo... :(B| I don't want to be a buzzkill but they are just WILD up there and I am so tired. :S

I'd say anything after 11 on a weeknight is grounds for bitchiness.

And earplugs. [:/]
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

In a regular condo, is it okay??? I mean, would you bitch about it if it was on a weekday? They are so fn loud it's like a frat. party up there or something...

I want to complain to my landlord but need to do a bitchitude check... on the bitchometer scale... if asking them nicely doesn't phase them... [they sort of threatened me a little last time] would you ignore it or say something... I get up at 5am and it's an EXPENSIVE condo... :(B| I don't want to be a buzzkill but they are just WILD up there and I am so tired. :S

I'm in the same condo situation. I have to be at work at 6:30am. I get up and go their door, jammies and all. If that doesn't work...I dial 911. I won't tolerate it on a work night. It's just inconsiderate!
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

I'm in the same condo situation. I have to be at work at 6:30am. I get up and go their door, jammies and all. If that doesn't work...I dial 911. I won't tolerate it on a work night. It's just inconsiderate!

Why dont you just dial the police station direct im sure the 911 people have more important things to do:|

Not only will you look better, feel better, and fuck better; you'll have significantly increased your life expectancy. --Douva

Consider yourself lucky you don't live right next to my place...:P

Week ends are best spend resting from the weekday partying.:|

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

I would complain to the landlord. Or call the cops and file a noise complaint.

I wouldn't worry about being a bitch, especially if they threatened you. (Even if it was just a little.)

"Life is a temporary victory over the causes which induce death." - Sylvester Graham

Why dont you just dial the police station direct im sure the 911 people have more important things to do

Quite a few departments have a different number to their 911-Dispatch then the front desk at a department. The non-emergancy number is listed in the phone book for your given city. Look it up and post it on the fridge (or where ever). 911 is for serious priority 1 calls. Calls other then that tie up a 911-call taker while they try to transfer your call to another dispatcher at the desk.

You would be amazed at what people call 911 for, though. Simply amazed.:|
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

There are ways around this. First, you've got neighbors, and odds are there are more of you than them. It's time to teach a few manners.

Another thing you can do what I did in college - I woke up at 3 a.m. every day - it was my study time. I had neighbors once who liked to keep the music on late. It's amazing that walls actually act like speakers if you put a stereo on a cardboard box and tape it to the wall. A little of that at 3:00 a.m. usually leads to them complaining. It's countered with a deal that you won't blast yours early if they keep thirs down' after 9:00.

Finally, police are your friends. There is nothing bitchy about simply wanting to not be disturbed. Screw them.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Anytime during the week when it's noisy after 9 PM it's time to call the police and file a complaint

Dude, how old are you? :D I think 9pm is a little extreme, anything after 11 and i'd have a problem with it.

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

I agree with Peej. Anything past 11AM is not acceptable. How is one expected to recover from a night of bashing and partying?:|

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

I had a moron move in next door, (we shared a common wall), and proceed to keep cranking his stereo up to the point my dishes were rattling in the cabinets. Every time he did this I would be knocking on his door telling him to turn it down.

Then one day, (about two weeks after his arrival), instead of answering the door, he just screamed "FUCK YOU!" through the closed door. So I called the police. He was evicted within days. Problem solved.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Anytime during the week when it's noisy after 9 PM it's time to call the police and file a complaint

Dude, how old are you? :D I think 9pm is a little extreme, anything after 11 and i'd have a problem with it.

It's not a matter of how old I am... most places have laws/rules concerning disturbing the peace, and typically the time given for stopping loud noise (i.e. music) is 9 PM.....
The only naturals in this sport shit thru feathers...

Consider yourself lucky you don't live right next to my place...:P

Week ends are best spend resting from the weekday partying.:|

Hahaha...weekday partying rocks my socks, too. I miss those nights with you, G and whomever at the Otheroom and dancing at Zanzibar! However, we always partied at bars/clubs, then winded it down before heading back to the apt.

Bethany, I agree that it's extremely rude for the neighbors to party in their apt. loudly on a week night after 11pm. My ex had neighbors who moved in towards the end, who were loud on week nights when they'd return from the bars. (They didn't live there long, thankfully.) It drove me nuts, but he used to sleep through it all. There were so many times that I wanted to throw open the door and bitchslap each one of them into oblivion. Of course, I always kept my composure. Plus, I wasn't the one who paid rent there. It was my ex, who technically lived there.

Good luck, Bethany, and at least, you get to be away from that next weekend! :)

It's not a matter of how old I am... most places have laws/rules concerning disturbing the peace, and typically the time given for stopping loud noise (i.e. music) is 9 PM.....

I was only half joking with the how old are you comment,you just sounded like my dad there for a sec :D Regardless of the law, i think 9pm is a little early. I think our law here states 10 on weeknights but i could be wrong.

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

I think our law here states 10 on weeknights but i could be wrong.

Making sure a person is still awake at 10PM should be deemed a service to modern civilized society. I actually believe week day party animals should be subsidized by the government.:)
What is this world coming to, people! Calling the cops on people having a blast at 9PM??? Puuuuuuhhhhhleeeeeaaaaze!:|