yardhippie

Well, at least Im not hurt...

No, seriously. I dont know whose cosmic wheaties I took a shat in, but theyre pissed as hell, and not gonna take it anymore.
Last weekend while driving down a busy street here in Atlanta a piece falls off a street light and punches a hole in the hood of my car.

Today Im on the way home from running some errands when this guy whips into my lane from the lane on my left to try to get around some traffic and BAM! I hit him. My little Vibe is fucked, the hood is in the windshield, I had to kick the drivers door open, AND to make things worse the airbags DID NOT deploy. Thankfully I always wear my seatbelt.
Luckily a witness stayed and gave his perspective to the officer. The end being the other guy got cited for improper lane change, but that wont be the end. Theres a court date, and I KNOW he'll be there to try and contest it. He thinks I was speeding, and I wasnt.
REALLY! I wasnt. Even the cop was not suprised by the damaged caused.

At least I have my health. We can always replace things. See you all at the DZ.
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

AND to make things worse the airbags DID NOT deploy. Thankfully I always wear my seatbelt.

For what it's worth, they shouldn't have. If you were unhurt after an accident without airbag deployment, it means the sensors did their job. If airbags are oversensitive and deploy when not needed, more people are going to get hurt by them, and it adds to the cost of the repair. An airbag should ONLY fire in a serious accident.

Glad you're ok, though!
cavete terrae.

Are you sure? You may be in shock right now. I would recommend visiting an attorney immediately who can help convince you of your need for to see a doctor for medical attention - just to make sure you are okay.

For example, soft-tissue injuries often are not apparent immediately. A detailed workup with the right neurologist should help you confirm that you are hurt, and hurt badly - at least up to the limits of this guy's insurance. :)

Come on, let us tell you how hurt you are. I'll make sure you are treated with everything but an e-meter.:)

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Are you sure? You may be in shock right now. I would recommend visiting an attorney immediately who can help convince you of your need for to see a doctor for medical attention - just to make sure you are okay.

For example, soft-tissue injuries often are not apparent immediately. A detailed workup with the right neurologist should help you confirm that you are hurt, and hurt badly - at least up to the limits of this guy's insurance. :)

Come on, let us tell you how hurt you are. I'll make sure you are treated with everything but an e-meter.:)

I know you're joking and all, but that's what's wrong with the legal system today.
cavete terrae.

Yeah. I was in a mild fender bender where my airbags deployed and my throat was burned for a month or so from the stuff in them. B|[:/]

Friend of mine hit a pothole, the airbag fired, and he was so surprised he crashed the car hard enough so that he would have benefited, but it was already used :S
cavete terrae.

This is certainly not a funny topic, and I'm glad that you are are OK, but this line just made me laugh my ass off.

You do work in Georgia? :|

I'd like to resolve this without the use of legal council, but by the attitude of the "person considered at fault", it wont be that easy. [:/]

I really dont care wrecking my car, I just want to have my car back to get me from work to home to DZ.

Now, after a few Jagershots, I am feeling a bit peekid, I wonder if I dont have "soft tissue" damage? :D:D
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

wow... I'm glad your not hurt as well...

I had some guy in a minivan decide that because an ambulance had just passed him on the freeway he should stop while crossing the bridge into Ohio last night... fortunately there was enough space between him and I that I was able to slow down/change lanes to avoid a collision.
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

You do work in Georgia? :|

I'd like to resolve this without the use of legal council, but by the attitude of the "person considered at fault", it wont be that easy. [:/]

I really dont care wrecking my car, I just want to have my car back to get me from work to home to DZ.

Now, after a few Jagershots, I am feeling a bit peekid, I wonder if I dont have "soft tissue" damage? :D:D

I think this case is in need of the addams family to pay him a visit
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

You may want to consider retaining an attorney for when the guy's insurance tries to shaft you on your damages.

Well theres always the Insurance vs. Insurance too. ive already called my company and let them know that the other guy was cited AND there is a witness.

Im glad Im ok too. Lets not hurt the hippie yet, Ive much more carnage to produce!
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

Theres a court date, and I KNOW he'll be there to try and contest it. He thinks I was speeding, and I wasnt.
REALLY! I wasnt. Even the cop was not suprised by the damaged caused.

Have fun with that. Besure to ask the other driver, in court, what his training is that would determine his conclusion that you were speeding.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Pointiac Vibe, the same thing as a Toyota Matrix.

The front end is wrecked.
the hood went throught the windshield on the drivers side. I had to kick the door open. The roof by the drivers side is wrinkled. The passengers side fender is wrecked. When I hit the other vehicle it spun me around so that the right rear tire of my car hit the curb and it now points to the inside of the car.

[:/]
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

Pointiac Vibe, the same thing as a Toyota Matrix.

The front end is wrecked.
the hood went throught the windshield on the drivers side. I had to kick the door open. The roof by the drivers side is wrinkled. The passengers side fender is wrecked. When I hit the other vehicle it spun me around so that the right rear tire of my car hit the curb and it now points to the inside of the car.

[:/]

I gotta go with Spence on this one..

Time to buy something bigger than a tin can.. :|

Truck ?? Hmmmmmmmmmm?? :)
I am NOT being loud.
I'm being enthusiastic!

glad to hear you're ok man, it could have been worse but at least you walked away from it (or hobbled). I had a similar accident last year and the only airbag that went off was the passanger side window area because of the telephone pole. Grue is right about them, just cause they didn't go ff doesn't mean they should have.

And on a side note ask spence about minivans trying to squeeze where they don't belong. He'll give you a nice story from our ride down to palatka :S:P

Pineappe Death Juice, If you have to ask you'd rather not know!