Lastchance

Do you hit or wake up?

All my life I have had dreams of falling or jumping from high places. I've always heard that you wake up before impact and that if you hit the ground that you could die of a heart attack. I for one do not die and I always impact. Then I get up, dust myself off and think to myself. I should probably be dead but I'm alright.
The other night I had a dream that a friend and I were doing a helicopter jump. He went out first and I dived out after. turned to watch the chopper and realized that we had gotten ot very low so reached for my pilot chute but couldn't find it. I wasted time doing it and for some reason decided to cut away a canopy that was not there:S. Now I'm tugging on my cut away pillow and can't get it pulled. Finally It comes free and I see the yellow cables and reach for my reserve, grab the handle and see the ground and WHAM! I have had malfunction dreams that I hit hard but always with a canopy above me. This is the first time I've gone all the way in. But as always I jump up and I'm ok.
Are there other people out there that actually hit the ground or do you all wake up before? Or am I the only invincible dreamer?
Sometimes I wonder if these life long dreams are a premonition. If so, that means if I do bounce, I will survive.

I may be getting old but I got to see all the cool bands.

I'm sure that eventually I'll have a dream or stay asleep long enough to "see" myself go in. I used to only have the never ending snivel dream. They've now progressed to wear I take action and start pulling handles and doing EPs. I'm sure a bounce dream is not far behind.

I never hit before I started skydiving, I would always wake up. Now I impact all the time, sometimes I land in a chair, sometimes I just get up and keep going about my dream.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

Thats funny.(landing in a chair) I was at a boogie a couple yrs ago and the last load was landing, This one camera flier came in and landed right next to a lawn chair and sat down like it was meant for him. He was sitting there and his canopy was still flying above him. Funny as hell. Wished I was holding my camera at the time.

I may be getting old but I got to see all the cool bands.

for 12 years I would hit immediately after waking, which pleased me just fine. ;)

due to the necessity of circumstance I have had to abstain for the past year. The novelty has worn off. Oh, the freedom to get some altitude once more!

oh well. maybe one of these days I'll collect on the tandem someone owes me, then I'll have a new hobby to consume every waking moment.

Blowjobs, anyone?
I'm feeling frisky today!
Um, Hi... I'm Frisky?

I bounced once. Dusted myself off and then thought: "Hey, my rig is still packed, I can go back to back!". Then I ran and just made the next load as the plane started taxing. Seems like my dream was about fear of packing, not falling ;)

Another one I had was lucid. I realized in freefall that it was a dream and thought: "cool, this will be fun". Sadly I found it to be a little to realistic, so I chickened out and dumped...then I woke up...missed out on some fun there:o

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Another one I had was lucid. I realized in freefall that it was a dream and thought: "cool, this will be fun". Sadly I found it to be a little to realistic, so I chickened out and dumped...then I woke up...missed out on some fun there:o

amazing how we can realize we're dreaming, yet we often times can't conjure up the means to manipulate and exploit our dreams to break the rules of reality and the fears associated with it.
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

Before skydiving i always woke up before i bounced. but now it's about half-n half. Sometimes i wake up and sometimes i burn in, but i have never died when i do just get up and continue dreaming. One time i burned in got up dusted off and thought SWEET!!!! i don't have to repack...;)