JohnRich

What kind of Xmas lights do you like?

Xmas lights are going up all over town once again, and for some reason all-white seems to be very popular again this year, with a multitude of tiny little bulbs. I'm an old-fashioned guy that still likes colored lights, like red and green, and with those big C9 bulbs.

I can go either way with blinking or non-blinking lights. On a tree I like a mixture of both, for a mass of pretty lights, as well as a twinkling effect.

What are your preferences?

Interesting - I'd consider clear/white to be more "old fashioned" than red and green.

I'm a fan of clear lights. I just bought a new artificial tree that was pre-lit and I got all clear bulbs. I prefer the color on my tree to come from the ornaments.

Growing up, though, our tree had all kinds of colors, and all kinds of different lights, too.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

this is one of the "important" questions jen and i asked each other when we first started talking (along with the direction of the toilet paper being over or under)

we like clear and non blinking

although at the halloween boogie, i did get her to appreciate the beauty of purple rope lights... (had to pimp out hippie's rv a little) B|

Goudha is for Buddha, and that's good enough for me!

All or mostly white (clear). We shine a green light onto our big wreath we buy each year and hang on the house.

Too often colored lights look tacky. But, so is Santa's suit so...'tis the season.:P

P.S. Non-blinking.:)
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

I am terribly fond of plain white, non-blinking wheat lights. However, we have a country club here by the name of Cherry Hills, and they put up white wheat lights with little clusters of red lights along with it to make clumps of cherries. Hard to describe adequately, but it's very tastefully done.

I also saw a tree last year that mixed the small wheat lights with some of the larger round ones and it was smashing. I think it would be hard to do without getting everything hopelessly tangled, but it definitely was beautiful.
TPM Sister #102

Can't you find a more appropriate way to celebrate the birth of Santa Claus?

You are mistaken. In South Park season 6, Santa decided Christmas would become a celebration for Jesus after Jesus got shot by the Iraq soldiers. He was there with the kids and Mr. Hanky, so they could rescue Santa after Santa was taken hostage by the Iraqs. Jesus got shot as they were all trying to escape in the sleigh. Duh. :D

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

appreciate the beauty of purple rope lights

Halloween boogie? Excellent.

Christmas? Not so much. I never did understand the homes that are stictly purple, or blue, and white. Ehuck.:S:P

Yeah, I (we) dont get in to the colors at Christmas.

Last year the only lights on the outside of our house was in the garland around our front door.

Besides the purple rope lights were for inside the RV, not outside! B|

appreciate the beauty of purple rope lights

Halloween boogie? Excellent.

Christmas? Not so much. I never did understand the homes that are stictly purple, or blue, and white. Ehuck.:S:P

Yeah, I (we) dont get in to the colors at Christmas.

Last year the only lights on the outside of our house was in the garland around our front door.

Besides the purple rope lights were for inside the RV, not outside! B|

[zombie voice]
purple lights
[/zombie voice]
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

[zombie voice]
purple lights
[/zombie voice]

Just be glad they weren't like the one's i had in my dorm room in the Air Force. I could program them to fade (every other bulb was lit and then faded to the unlit being lit), they had a chase mode, a sectional blink mode, and even a random mode in which they would change between the 8 or 10 functions every few minutes... B|

. . . the kind that I don't have to install or take down.

So you make your daughter do it???

g

No. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Well there ARE a few people - but we don't talk about them anymore.:ph34r:
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Colored, non blinking LED. Also I like the Dollar Store fiber optic trees. I have one in every room.

Keep the X in Xmas.
"Here's a good specimen of my own wisdom. Something is so, except when it isn't so."

Charles Fort, commenting on the many contradictions of astronomy

man what a racially insensitive poll!
I'm calling the ACLU....

Yes, the Blinkers appear to be very oppressed minority by the non-Blinkers. Maybe the ACLU will help the Blinkers sue for discrimination.

To all you White-Lighters: Bah Humbug!

As a kid I used to run around at night and switch bulbs on house decorations from one house to another. The guy with white lights would wake up to green lights, and the guy with green lights would wake up to white lights. It was fun to watch their befuddled looks while I walked to the school bus stop in the morning. Ahhh, the good old days...