Kimblair13

"Home"

Anyone ever leave where they've lived for 20+ years...then when you went back realized how much it SUCKED! [:/]

I haven't been gone for 20+ years, but yes. I almost moved back about a year and a half ago. It sucked so bad I drove all my stuff back to Florida after only a couple weeks. I still despise Florida, but I have found that the midwest is not a suitable compromise between the east coast and the west coast.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

Anyone ever leave where they've lived for 20+ years, left for a bit...then when you went back realized how much it SUCKED! [:/]

Oh yeah, absolutly, but I knew it sucked before, that's why I left, when I went back I came to understand just how BAD it sucked:D:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

The old addage of " you can never really go home again" certainly applied in my case. I went home on leave after joining the military... the same people were still doing the same boring things... and I had grown beyond that... after that.. I never have gone back again.

I can't say I've had that exact experience, cos I still love going back to Australia when I do go for a visit. I don't think it's the place that matters so much, though. It's more about the people. When I first came to Canada, I lived in Edmonton for two months and had an absolute ball - one of the best times of my life. I went back a year later and it wasn't anything close, but mostly because some of the people that were there a year earlier had moved on, and others were now moving into committed relationships and were playing the couples game, which wasn't what I was looking for at the time.

I left Missouri in 2000, and came back in early '04. The first year I was back in Missouri, I would drive home pretty much every weekend. The second year I drove home every other weekend for the most part. This year, I drove home three times total.

The people there haven't changed all that much, but I have. They still work boring jobs that they complain about during the week. Their main purpose to work is to earn enough money to drink on the weekend. One of my really good buddy's became a drug user and dealer (got busted...another story for another thread) so I can't hang with him anymore. My grandparents are the only reason to visit that side of the state anymore.

I miss being overseas (not Iraq...this place doesn't count).
"Though I Fly Through the Valley of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil...For I am at 80,000 Feet and Climbing."
SR-71 hangar entrance sign at Kadena AFB, Japan

I lived in the Northeast for 20 some odd years and then moved to the Southeast about 11 yrs ago. While the Southeast is great it still doesn't quite feel like home YET. Maybe it will. I do go back to the NE every three to four months to visit my parents, I see how much it has changed with growth and what not and the fast pace and concrete play grounds are not what I want to see and experience day in and day out. BUT my oldest son wants to live there and thinks its great. Funny how that may work out.

Bobbi
A miracle is not defined by an event. A miracle is defined by gratitude.

I lived in a small town outside Pittsburgh for about 40 years before moving to southern Florida.... Florida isn't home, nor will it ever be... I go back "home" when I feel a desire for the ridges and rolling hills but it just isn't the same.... guess I'm orphaned now... :S:D
The only naturals in this sport shit thru feathers...

My parents place resembles a bad godfather sequel more and more every time I come home.

It was great when I grew up. But now all the obnoxious people from NY have invaded... :D
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

Anyone ever leave where they've lived for 20+ years, left for a bit...then when you went back realized how much it SUCKED

nope, but left for 6 years and came back cuz i liked it... but i do know where i would live if i hadn't came back... colorado or texas... wel and maybe germany..