Michele

Last semester's grades have been posted...

For those of you who have been incredibly supportive of me going back to school at this old age, and helping me via pm's with "tutoring" and cheerleading, I wanted to let you know the results of this last semester.

Introductory Algebra, 5 units: A
Biology, 4 units: A and an offer to assist in teaching lab over summer...:)Political Science, 3 units: A
Anatomy, 5 units A.

in other words, straight As for me!
:)
Apparently, Gawain, you're right again...there is NO spoon.;)B|

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!!

I'm pretty pleased. I couldn't do better, and it's a very good return to college. And the best news? I don't have to do any more algebra (I don't think...I'll know for sure in January).

Tee hee...Merry Christmas to me, a few days late...

Thanks to all who've gone out of their way to help me get through this last semester; you all have made a difference, and I really appreciate the confidence you had in me...even when I didn't have it in myself.

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

Isn't it funny how you care so much about grades when you're an adult but don't care when you're a teenager? :)
Congrats.:)

Well, yeah... when I went to school on my parents' dime, I wasn't as dedicated. I think my GPA was something like 2.3 with two LOAs and a final WD 3 courses short of the degree.

Later when I was on my own and went back to school, I made sure my own dime counted... and turned out a 3.92 GPA for my degree. :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Damn. Your teachers are way faster than mine. I only know two of my grades out of four classes so far - and I was pretty sure of those two before they posted them.

Hopefully my history teacher is generous, cuz I don't think I did as good on the final as I did on the other test and two papers in his class...

4.0, tried like a MOFO to achieve this goal in my college career, never happened. Very impressive. Now go jump out of a airplane. I'll be thinking of you while visiting the babies in gooberville. Take the TA position, it helps when it comes to grad school recommendations.

All A's? That's disgusting. Think of all the young kids with fresh minds that you raised the bar on.

Now they're going to drop out and end up like me or something. Meanwhile you're about ready to retire, yet you take a good job from some young kid that should be paying for your social security.

So on behalf of all those party animal younger students, I say : "you totally suck" :|

But you're one of the coolest kids in college so we'll let it slide this time. Yea go jump. Sleep, or whatever you've been missing. It will all pay off soon if it hasn't already. Congratulations.:):)

I think you should now buy your dad a bumper sticker proclaiming that his kid is an honor's student

I'd love to...but he wouldn't put it on his Camry. LOL, that would be funny, though, wouldn't it?

As for caring about grades now versus before, I cared about them before, but life and circumstances got in the way of me getting the grades I knew I could. So I left. But I'm back now, enjoying (hah, not really...) the challenge, and learning lots of stuff I never knew before (suspected, but didn't know).

I'm pretty damned proud of the A in anatomy, and the offer to help in the lab over summer from my bio professor. Those two things, if nothing else, have bolstered my confidence that I can, in fact, do this...and do it right.

And...Dad's pretty proud. And that makes me glad.

Ciels-
Michele

Dang! I can't decide if you rock or just totally suck

ROFL, I rock, thank you!!! :)

But you're one of the coolest kids in college so we'll let it slide this time. Yea go jump. Sleep, or whatever you've been missing. It will all pay off soon if it hasn't already. Congratulations. Hugs to the Huginator.

Do you realize how absolutely strange it is to be the "Mom" to a bunch of college kids? And be the one they ask to ask the instructor something because I have a "better relationship" with them then they do (and only because I ask, ask, ask tons of questions, and participate in their teaching and my learning...that's the only reason I have a better relationship...not because I'm smarter or anything...). It's odd.

I remember about 10 weeks into this, talking to a kid who was trying to decide if he should drop the class. He told me "yeah, but you get this. You understand this stuff!" (in bio). I told him no, I'm no smarter, but I might be working harder and studying more than he is. He told me "well, I'll just take this over next semester." And that's the difference between a 20 year old and me...I don't like this, don't want to do it again, so might as well do it right this time. And also, I just don't have time to "do it next semester..."...not at this age. But at his age, I did. He ended up dropping the class.

But it's all good...I can't help everyone, and I can only do what I do. But it's kinda strange to have others ask about what classes you're in next semester so they can get the same ones...:S

Ciels-
Michele

here's a special little post just for you, my dear...

I adore you.

You are inspiring me to work even harder in my classes for next semester

:)
Skyrad, VectorBoy, Willard, everyone, thank you for the congrats...I am pretty pleased. Still grinning about the Anatomy one...it was a tight, tight points fight, but I managed to pull it off.

And you're right, Karen...I had some weird obstacles show up. But I slogged through, and that's all that matters.

Now, on to the next semester...and thanks to someone very special and dear, I can afford all the books, notebooks, and everything I'll need for school this coming semester. You know who you are; and this is definitely still a shock, but I adore and love you for your help...and you've made a great difference and lifted some weight off my shoulders. I'm still out of words. :P

YAYAYAYAY ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ciels-
Michele