LisaH

Do you like your job?

I'd quit mine today except that would mean I'd have train someone to replace me. I hate training people. :|

The damn contract I signed won't let me quit for another year and a half without financial and judicial downsides...:|
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

even if mine was "at will", They don't pay me enough to be able to leave... I'd be broke halfway to my destination... I gotta wait for that "Ok, you're contract's up... now sign the new contract or I'll pay you to get the fuck outta here" money...:D
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

ya, i'm only doin 5... the $60K is a big incentive for reupping, but it's not gonna lure this guy... I see my freedom in the near future and it is good... no "cookie now" distraction is gonna work on me... "Oooo, something shiny!!!"

Clicky!!! http://www.cafepress.com/buy/ADHD/a.d.h.d./-

My job has its ups and downs. Its really exciting then really boring. The hours are long, the pay isn't that great, but it is very rewarding at times.

So I really enjoy my job. Although, even though I wash my hands with antibiotic hand cleaner a LOT I keep getting sick, though. I need to boost my vitamin C and start trying to get more sleep. Right now I'm stuck at home instead of at the DZ on my day off due to borderline pnumonia (sp?).[:/]
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

no "cookie now" distraction is gonna work on me... "Oooo, something shiny!!!"

You DO know those get paid in installments over your enlistment?:S

Yes... which means I get more skydiving and post-skydiving drinking in.... hey... NO DISTRACTIONS!!!

I would love my job if it wasnt for Customers.:S:D

I wish I could find a way to make a descent living selling my software to only people that were actually smart enough to use it.

Just finished a 2 hour conference call with such a customer. Still cant run a report (Consists of Goto reports, Select the report you want and click print), Now we going to waive the cost for her 4th training class (Cause clearly it is our fault she didn’t get this the first 3 times we "trained" her on it.):S

It took every bit of restraint I had to keep from telling the Director I was dealing with some people just are not trainable.

I did suggest to my development staff that they come up with a basic IQ test as part of the log-in process. Something like show a square peg and then a Round Hole.. Does this fit? if they get it wrong, Run the uninstall routine.:D

I'm a college Kid, so my "Job" involves studying for a crazy amount of hours and for about 3 hours a day working doing accounting and paper work for a little shop - one that I've known the owner for eons. Yeah, I like my job, and i like my life - but I'm sure it will only get better. :)
=========Shaun ==========

I like mine okay - I used to be in big industrial sales, selling to steel companies around the Southeast, but now I work in a gym (my friend is the owner and I came on board to take some of the personnel burden off of he and his wife). It's a good job, and I love helping and training people, as well as the business side of it, but there's a downside:
I get to the gym at about 9:30 or 10:00 most days, and lift from then until I start work at 11:00. Off at 7pm, at which time I try to run a couple of miles most days to keep off some of this post-30 flab, then shower, and go home. It seems at times in my mind that I was "at work" for around ten hours a day, when I actually worked only eight.
Sometimes when your hobby becomes your work, it seems to carry with it a little unexpected burnout.

Nursury worker: Love it... great birth control method as well

Cigar Bar: Hate it, would love to leave in a heart beat... too many old men hitting on us young girls.

Coffee shop: Love it, would keep it forever if I could... been with them for 2.5 years.

CPA Firm: Doable... but I am doing it for the extra cash. If I get offered anything else that pays more I will definitely take it.

So 50/50

PMS #449 TPM #80 Muff Brother #3860
SCR #14705 Dirty Sanchez #233

Nursury worker: Love it... great birth control method as well

Cigar Bar: Hate it, would love to leave in a heart beat... too many old men hitting on us young girls.

Coffee shop: Love it, would keep it forever if I could... been with them for 2.5 years.

CPA Firm: Doable... but I am doing it for the extra cash. If I get offered anything else that pays more I will definitely take it.

So 50/50

Damn you're busy :S
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo