diverds

Favorite Jump Plane Poll

Gotta love the tail gates :)
But I also like 182's a couple of our Swoopers are training this week for our Swoop Nationals, so we'll have a bunch of 182 loads for HnPs should be fun :)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I can't explain my choice very well, but I just like the King Air - and I really don't give a hoot about the climb rate.... The thing just LOOKS cool...

I love the King Air door (Yeah, that dindy little thing that makes you really follow your buddies out). I love the seat and I love the sound of the engine. It's just a cool airplane...
=========Shaun ==========

Super Otter with no benches baby!!

You just haven't experienced a proper Otter bench configuration, much like my Love Muscle. :ph34r::ph34r:
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

Yo Dave! You guys get those updated logo files I emailed, for the new products? My email went whacky and accidentally nuked a bunch of stuff,, so let me know if not!

ANNNYYWAY

I love the 182 and 206 because that's what I learned to jump on.

I love the Skyvan because I love the tail exit (haven't jumped a CASA)

I love the Otter because of the big door

I love the King AIr for the speed

But, if I had to pick just one for the rest of eternity it'd need to be one of the tail loaders, because of the versatility. High capacity, not horribly slow, raft jumps and big tubes are possible, etc etc.
cavete terrae.

I love the Skyvan because I love the tail exit (haven't jumped a CASA)

I love the Otter because of the big door

I love the King AIr for the speed

But, if I had to pick just one for the rest of eternity it'd need to be one of the tail loaders, because of the versatility. High capacity, not horribly slow, raft jumps and big tubes are possible, etc etc.

And it has to be an Antonov :D
Go for the An-72
Big tailgate, jet plane to 16kft in under 8 minutes with 70 people aboard.
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

The King Air at our dz spoils me bad. its perfect unless you need to launch something really big.
Ive seen 5 way HD lauched out of it! Not to mention that 15 min calls all day long!

An otter takes a close second, as long as its a super otter. man that door is great, just not quite as fast.

Screw a bunch of tailgate aircraft. Theres not really any skyvans flying anymore, I did like the climb on CK's, and the bar! CASAs are just too slow to climb, and if youre doing small way stuff and get stuck as one of the last groups out.... hope you can get back.
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

My favorite has to be jumping a big way out of a Casa, and then shortly after landing, get treated to a screaming fly-by of the Casa with its wing-tip just a mere few feet off the ground! :o B|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I've got nothin' but love for the 182. That's what I'm growing up with and henceforth most comfortable for me.

However, I must say my ride in the Skyvan at Couch this year was...well...very stimulating. I loved the built in vibrating seats!:ph34r::ph34r: And getting your ass kicked a little when you hit the prop wash for the first time was a blast!

whatever happened to the DC-3s that when you get to the ground you get to wipe the spots of oil off ya or the good old Beech 18 that you could almost starve to death on the climb to altitude! first turbine I ever jumped was a converted beech 18 that ol' col. joe flew!B|
Experience is a difficult teacher, she gives you the test first and the lesson afterward

That one, a Twin Beech converted into the Hamilton Westwind III was my favorite jump plane to fly. At Coolidge, when the Air Farce was still doing training flights for T-37 pilots, the regular Twin Beechs and DC-3s were often "targeted" by the instructors for mock gun passes.
The tables were turned when we got 711DN. It couldn't match a T-37's speed, but it was fast enough to catch one if you spotted it below you after dropping jumpers.
I'll never forget the look on the pilots' faces looking out the top of the tweety bird's canopy the time I came over the top of them inverted ... just like they'd done to me numerous times previously.
Zing Lurks

since the DC-3, Loadstar and Caribou are not listed then have to go with the CASA

favorite dive is launching a 9-way diamond

Twatter is a close second
Give one city to the thugs so they can all live together. I vote for Chicago where they have strict gun laws.