skyguy78

Whats the ideal age to get married?

I don't think there's an "Ideal" age but like others have said I think its a good idea to wait until after 25... at the least...

I am going to have to agree with this as well.....
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

Assuming this is a simi-serious question.I think it is different for everyone.Some people are ment to be together,others need to find out who they are first so they can find someone they will be compatable with.Some people are psycho and should be confined to an institution so they can't fuck up anyone elses life. It's spelled Spence if you want to use that and give credit.:D

It's different for everyone. I have been married for almost 14 years and I am 36. I wouldn't have it any other way. I have a twin who has never been married and I don't think he ever should get married. HE'S still too young, if you know what I mean. My two cents worth. :P

I always said that whatever time it takes, it takes. But, for an idealized situation, the 25-28 range is good. Any earlier, and I feel that you don't even know yourself enough yet, let alone get to know anybody else. People change so much sometimes when they get out of college and into their mid 20's. But, if you want to throw kids into this, I guess I would want to be married in that 25-27 range so I could spend a few married years enjoying each other's company and then have a kid around 30. (You don't want to be in depends when they graduate high school! ;))

I dunno... that was always the way I thought of things. :)
Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)

I dont think ANYONE should ecven consider it before 25. I have told my Daughter over and over again, After College If wants she to live with someone, Fine. Just DONT even think about marrige untill after 25.

I am with you...it can take some time to figure out who you really are - some people figure it out early on and then there are some us that need more time!
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

I always thought 26 would be a reasonable age for a girl/women to get married. I ended up getting married at 25. It's good. Unbelievably enough, all my childhood friends have been married for years and have several children. I was the last of them to get married... No rush. We plan to enjoy our first year of married life before we consider children.

I think there's an ideal situation... but even though a situation is not ideal; it does not mean that it's a "deal breaker".

B|

I always thought 26 would be a reasonable age for a girl/women to get married. I ended up getting married at 25. It's good. Unbelievably enough, all my childhood friends have been married for years and have several children. I was the last of them to get married... No rush. We plan to enjoy our first year of married life before we consider children.

I think there's an ideal situation... but even though a situation is not ideal; it does not mean that it's a "deal breaker".

B|

As always there are multiple factors that play into relationship - career/school or both/kids/animals -
the ideal situation is different for everyone.
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

Ok..you din't include the option for Never.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I second that

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I third that.

Motion to adjourn, say I.

Noooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!!! M.P.F.C.

I have read that, statistically, 27 is the magical threshold number - that is, marriages that occur 27 or after have like a 90% survival rate, while marriages before that age have like a 90% failure rate (those numbers may be off).

Maybe this is the lagging maturity of later generations with the extension of average lifespan over the ages, or the fact that many marriages later on are at least second marriages, maybe not so rushed into, with people realizing how they messed up the first time.
Roll Tide Roll